Old 02-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S205/G145-150

Height: 5'9" **started 2/17/11**

Exclamation PMS and chocolate cravings

I'm finding myself in a bind. Today is day #2 for me. I tried the caramel nut bar this morning because, again, I dreamed about food all night and woke up with an intense need for chocolate (that is a big issue for me went Aunt Flow is planning to visit). I didn't really like the bar, unfortunately. So, it didn't meet my needs. I had leek soup and my veggies and I've been good with my water and all that. HOWEVER, I'm kind of stressing out about dinner and snack time tonight. It sounds ridiculous, but this is the first time in my life that I'm having these horrible cravings and NOT running to the fridge for a chocolate hit. However, it's a miserable feeling. Is there ANYTHING you've discovered that takes care of those chocolate cravings and is filling and zero sugar, carb, and calories?
kellibelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #2  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Shopping.
Online shopping for clothes that you want to fit. That's the ONLY thing that works for me. I've discovered I love Victoria's Secret clothes, and a lot of stuff from Express.
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Shopping.
Online shopping for clothes that you want to fit. That's the ONLY thing that works for me. I've discovered I love Victoria's Secret clothes, and a lot of stuff from Express.
Yikes. Okay, that's a good suggestion.

I'm currently sipping on coffee to get my mind off of things. I know I need to suck it up right now...especially right now...because I'm a carb/sugar/chocolate addict. If I can get through these horrible PMS cravings, then hopefully I'll be that much closer to "kicking the habit" for good. Right??? (Lie to me if you have to).
Old 02-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellibelli View Post

I'm currently sipping on coffee to get my mind off of things. I know I need to suck it up right now...especially right now...because I'm a carb/sugar/chocolate addict. If I can get through these horrible PMS cravings, then hopefully I'll be that much closer to "kicking the habit" for good. Right??? (Lie to me if you have to).
I think you'll just need to tough it out! Day 2 is hard, without TOM involved so I can only imagine how hard it is for you. But it will be worth it! I know some people like the choc. soy puffs, so next time you could give that a try.
Bretley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretley View Post
I think you'll just need to tough it out! Day 2 is hard, without TOM involved so I can only imagine how hard it is for you. But it will be worth it! I know some people like the choc. soy puffs, so next time you could give that a try.
Okay. Chocolate soy puffs are on the agenda for breakfast tomorrow. Good idea. Thank you.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #6  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

if you follow plan and stick it out, you chocolate cravings will go away. i am (was!!) a totally chocholic, especially around TOM. well, i am happy to report that i have had 3 bags of M&Ms (coconut, peanutbutter and pretzel) sitting on my kitchen table for a few days and i don't even see them! they are just not something that i want anymore. so trust me, give it some time and you will be fine (and skinny too!).
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

The cravings do get better. But in the mean time, have you tried the Walden Farms choc syrup? Sometimes I dip my finger in Or dizzle some across pudding.
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #8  

serendipityberry - I will try to find that choc. syrup ASAP. Sounds like a definite must-have around the house.

longdivision - that gives me SO MUCH hope!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #9  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Same thing happened to me -- TOM the day after I started ugggggg... and I too am a chocoholic (big time) I find the chocolate powdered drink (not the RTD) and NOT the puddings have a good chocolate flavor--I freeze it and it turns into a fudgsicle type thing - heated it is like hot coco blended with ice it is like a milkshake. Also someone on this forum suggested heating the carmel bar in the microwave to warm it and make the chocolate all gooey. Sadly the truth is none of this is going to take the place of good chocolate - but part of this whole deal is finding "acceptable" alternatives. (but I miss my valrhona dark chocolate..the cravings get better but have not gone away exactly)
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #10  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

When you find that chocolate syrup (you can always get it online at waldon farms web site if you can't find it in a nearby store), put some in your coffee. That has been my saviour on this diet. Also, you can freeze the syrup in an ice cube tray, about a 1/4 inch worth, and throw their marshmallow fluff on top, and once frozen, pop one in to cure that sweet craving. Hope it helps, hang in there, it will get better.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #11  

WooHoo!!! I love that treat idea, Jenny!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #12  

I've now tried the WF marshmallow and choc. syrup along with a Jello (sugar/carb 0, 10 cal.) and I feel so SATISFIED!. With this kind of stuff available to me, I'm gonna be JUST fine. Thanks all!
Old 02-20-2011, 07:52 AM   #13  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
WooHoo!!! I love that treat idea, Jenny!!!
I can't take the credit...I read about the idea on this web site, probably in the recipe section. Do yourself a favor, take some time and read through those threads. There are a lot of great ideas there!
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 265/246.5/200

Height: 5'7"

Default Thanks~

Thanks Kellibelli for the post. i was wondering the same thing today. the puffs are pretty good. But these other ideas sound FABULOUS! Thanks again for the support and ideas on this diet!
sheila605 is offline   Reply With Quote