UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft 8'

Default Failed today - had a binge!!!

Well, I managed to go two days without grazing the cupboards on a binge, but I've done it today. But this time it was lunch time instead of the evening and I still have the evening to get through!

So, to make myself accountable I'm going to tell you what I had at lunch time:
Packet of express microwave egg fried rice & an orange (which actually was my lunch and not part of the binge)
Binge:
1 chocolate biscuit
1 white magnum ice cream
1 packet of crisps
2 mini kinder chocolate bars
2 chocolate dipping pots with bread sticks
Then later I've had
about another 6 mini kinder choc bars
around 6-10 slices of wafer thin ham

So, I reckon I'm going to try and draw a line under it, NOT give up and think 'oh I might as well have a binge tonight'. And start again right now!! x
tashalizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

aww honey we all have these days I was just as bad I have had

2 packets of Rolos
1 walnut danish
2 slices of toast and jam
1 caramel aero
1 skinny hazelnut latte (not food but really high in cal)

Now i have sugar rush

its because I am at home today and not at work I havent actually eaten anything else as my routine be thrown out.
I am starting again now but i know husband has something yummy and prop fatting for dinner. I am failing big time today

xx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Anytime I binge I try to figure out WHAT caused the binge. Usually for me it's cuz I allowed myself to get too hungry OR I wasn't eating enough protein/fiber.

That fried rice and orange I don't believe has enough protein in it Maybe you could just cook up some chicken or steak next time and toss it in the meal?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #4  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

aww dont worry we all have bad days. yesterday i did good until night time, i couldnt lay off the bread and butter. so today i made some sugar free jelly because i wanted something sweet, it only had 18 calories in it!
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #5  

Height: 5ft 8'

Well its nearly 8pm and so far, so good. I'm just enjoying a cheesecake muller light and some frozen berries, which are yummy. Going to do a bit of house work before the Biggest Loser is on at 9pm, so that should keep me busy!! xx
tashalizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

I love watching the biggest loser
today has gone to the dogs for me but ready to pull it together tomorrow
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #7  

Smile binge binge binge

Hello, when I feel like a binge, I try to grab either Snack 'a' jacks or a low fat yoghurt, but it can be difficult! Can someone tell me how I can get one of these cool bars that some of you have along the bottom of your comments? The ones with the pics in and your start and finish weights, they're quite cool thank you xxx
NeedHelpFast22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:13 AM   #8  

I think a binge is part of the learning to live with a new style of eating. On the journey we will all have days we are hungrier or just need a good old binge,it shouldn't destroy your diet just draw a line.In the end its the averages that either make you gain or lose weight. Skinny people do not get fat from an occasional binge.Weight gain comes from continous eating of more than we need to.

I used to be prone to tomt binges,so I keep lower calorie alternatives of my fav binge food - crisps,cakes(weightwatchers),lollipops and popcorn.
Natgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

If I feel like a binge then I read my list of reasons for losing weight. Then put together a range of healthy snacks (usually I just want something to crunch on, rather than anything unhealthy) my usual plate includes, 1 carrot chopped into sticks, 1/2 a red pepper, 1 tomato or 4/5 cherry tomato's, a tsp of low-fat mayo to make it a bit more interesting, or I make a fruit plate of chopped apple, 1 banana and grapes. Because it's varied and healthy it takes my cravings away, and it's 3 of your 5 a day in one fell swoop. Win win!
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

But if you really do need some form of chocolate, and lets face it, we all do, then you can't go wrong with Mikado, biscuit sticks dipped in chocolate, 11 cals per stick or 187 cals for the box.
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote