Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #1  

Default I need to take this more seriously

I have posted before about how hard it is to maintain and how I fail everytime. Well, here I am again and sorry to say that I seem to have lost track again and need to go on my beloved detox plan!
So my detox plan is the Fat Smashers diet (I know it sounds like something from the 80's) but phase one works for me and always gets me on track.
Today is the day of phase 1.
Although I did not binge or go over my calories this week I find myself craving sweets and cakes. I usually don't reach for those things but lately my mentality has been "oh, just a piece of cake won't kill me" but it will in the long run. Especially since those few pounds I gained during Christmas are still on my hips.
So I am going to do this for nine days and then slowly add as the plan says. Wish me luck, I am psyched to get healthy but scared.
usam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240ish/180/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey---I'm not an expert, but every time I try to 'detox' from a binge, I end up restricting a lot and then I eventually binge again, which just keeps the cycle going. I've been binging for over 18 years on and off---the only thing that works for me is moderation.

You say you are scared---scared of success?
sfree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #3  

Scared to fail.
The weekend is hard because my husband who is naturally thin and can eat whatever he wants likes to go out and eat. We are two extremes he is all for the meat, I am all for the organic veggies.
I like to be on a tight regime, thats the only way I can gain control. Once I'm on my mission then all is good. Thats why trying to maintain is so hard my body and mind are so used to being on a diet and being told what to do, when to eat, what to eat etc.
usam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240ish/180/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi again

Of course you have to do what works best for you, but I personally find when I am super strict (on a diet that I am unwilling to deviate from), I always 'fall of the wagon' eventually because I am too strict. If I can add just one or two treats a week, and stop feeling guilty about it (still a problem for me), I find I do much better.

I am totally an 'all or nothing' kind of person, but the closer I get to finding moderation, the better i tend to do on weight loss and maintaining.

I hear you about thin husband who can eat a lot! I'm on weight watchers, so I use my extra points on the weekend when we eat out so I can have at least one 'fun' thing.

The thing I love about this forum is sharing and feeling like there are people out there going through the same thing, so thanks for sharing!
sfree13 is offline   Reply With Quote