Old 01-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #1  
Smile :)

S/C/G: 180/Ticker/Ticker

Height: 5'8"

Default What to order....

So I've been on my journey for a little over 9 months and to my amazement hit goal
Yesterday my friends and I were talking about my one friends plans for her 21st birthday and she then said she wants to start the night going out for dinner with everyone, dress up you know the deal.
I havent been out to eat in 9 months so I'm kind of nervous.
The place she picked is a small independent establishment so their nutritional info is not available. I looked online and they have their menu available so I took a look and what do you all think of this option.
"The Tombs Roasted Turkey Sandwich
roasted turkey, avocado, red onions, cucumber, tomato,
herb cream cheese on multigrain bread served with fruit'
..I wouldnt get the cream cheese because I dont like cream cheese.
I dont wanna go too far off plan and this seems like the healthiest menu option..nothing fried, no creamy sauces. It has some protein from the turkey, good fats from the avocado and then some veggies and its automatically served with fruit. I'm maintaining so I'm not so worried about going over my calories every once and a while and this is a special day for my friend.
Good choice?
-Kelly
KellyMarie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Excellent choice!!! And kudos to you for planning ahead, so that you can have a really good time and not worry at all - I wish that I had your foresight
Tea Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

That sounds excellent! And congratulations on reaching your goal, what a wonderful thing!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Um, you haven't been out to a restaurant in 9 months!?!?!?!?! Wow!

I had a crazy work schedule last year (working days and nights at three different places all over the city) so I think the concept of life without restaurants is just amazing to me. Good for you, though! I'm sure, if anything, your sodium intake was a tenth of mine over the last year.

The sandwich sounds like a good choice, and planning ahead is a wonderful, necessary strategy. I'm a big pre-planner. Can I make a suggestion, just to try and be helpful? Go ahead and think through the whole evening, and any food/drink related situations that may arise - even if you think they won't. A spontaneous birthday cake from the restaurant? A suggestion to stop by a bar for drinks? Someone orders a pitcher of margaritas for the table? A delicious looking pastry case in the restaurant? Planning ahead for any and all scenarios is important for me, and I'm just thinking of possibilites.

Most importantly, have fun and enjoy every minute. It sounds like a fun, special occasion!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #5  
Smile :)

S/C/G: 180/Ticker/Ticker

Height: 5'8"

Thanks ladies!
and yeah Im a big pre-planner as well! I'm going to try and enjoy myself as this is my first night out since hitting goal, and luckily I actually don't drink so I save myself from a lot of empty liquid calories lol
KellyMarie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #6  
No description available.

I think that sounds like an excellent choice! Just watch the serving size is all, ie is the sandwich a big as the plate? And have a good time!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote