Old 06-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

Default Office Lunch...what to order?!

I'm trying really hard to do well on my weight loss journey, but it seems that my schedule is always packed w/ outings! This week for instance, I have this office lunch, a wedding, and a family bbq. And that's a NORMAL week!

Here is the menu of where we are going for lunch:http://drivecms.com/uploads/rrcanyon...g%203%2009.pdf

I would order the veggie platter, but I know EVERYONE there will comment and ask if I'm trying to lose weight. And then come into my office when we get back and ask me more questions (they are just like that)

Any other suggestions of what may be a good option. I've had the Ahi Tuna Salad, which is AWESOME, but i'm sure loaded with calories and fats! Maybe the house salad and soup combo?

I know this sounds trivial, but just looking for feedback if anyone is bored!
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #2  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Grilled Chicken and Avocado Club Sandwich-w/o the bacon lol
Soup and Salad
Fresh Vegetable Platter
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:55 AM   #3  
slowNsteady wins the race

S/C/G: 191/ticker/145

Height: 5'-4"

Maybe one of the chicken sandwiches? You can always pick off the cheese and/or bacon. Or just get the Ahi tuna salad. If it comes un-dressed, you can control how much goes on. There's always the fork tine method.

We have office lunches every week. I try to make the best choice possible and remove some parts of the meal if needed (ie cheese, desserts, and full calorie chips). Sometimes the lunch provided is completely hopeless so I just make sure I have something in the office freezer that I can have.

I also give myself some flexibility. I acknowledge that my point counting (I'm on Weight Watchers) won't be perfect with food prepared in a catering/restaurant kitchen. I acknowledge that no matter how good I try to be, I might go over. I acknowledge that it's better to come away from a meal satisfied than eat too small portions of non-filling high-cal junk and be hungry again too soon.
rocketbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #4  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

ahi tuna sashimi!
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #5  

thanks for the reply! Sorry, should have mentioned that I'm trying to stay away from processed breads (so probably will avoid the sandwiches!)

Yes, I was looking at the sashimi, but then woudl get comments of "OMG, that's all youre getting?!?!". I had a co-worker 'privately' give me information pamphlets on anorexia a few months ago. I've gained 50bls in the last 9 months. Trust me, I'm not anorexic!!
Old 06-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #6  

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCchick View Post
I had a co-worker 'privately' give me information pamphlets on anorexia a few months ago. I've gained 50bls in the last 9 months. Trust me, I'm not anorexic!!
WOW....some people are completely clueless!

Anyways, I would recommend ordering something semi-healthy and just making sure you eat only until you are full.....have a light dinner later or keep your calories in check tomorrow. And don't worry about what your co-workers say! You know you'll be having the last laugh when you are healthy and they are still overeating at these same lunches.
littlelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

I would get:

The Wood Grain Tenderloin Beef Tip salad, dressing on the side (yum!)

or

The Ahi Tuna Sashimi with a side salad

At least there are some yummy choices!
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

honestly, i think that you should just get what you feel like getting even if that's the veggie platter. it's really none of your coworkers' business what you're eating or not eating. i would say if they comment, just smile, thank them for their concern, tell them you're trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle and really appreciate their support or something.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/158/135

Height: 5'7"

1. You can get any of the salads but hold the croutons and get a vinaigrette dressing ON THE SIDE. Also tell them to go easy on the cheese if the salad comes with cheese.

2. Grilled Chicken and Avocado Club but ask them not to grilled the wheat bread and get the honey mustard on the side.

3. Monterey Chicken Breast Sandwich but hold the bacon and ask for it on wheat bread and get the honey mustard on the side.

4. Short Smoked Atlantic Salmon but ask for it to be cooked dry.

Besure for all your sides get the green beans or sweet glazed carrots instead. You can get the mashed potatoes only if you eat half of it. Looking at this menu just made me really hungry. Good luck.
chicky viv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

SWS19...you just wrote exactly what i would've written..who cares about the other coworkers..perhaps they're just jealous...don't even get me started about my coworkers, lol.
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #11  

I wish it were that they were just jealous :-( But it's actually the opposite, most of them are either skinny or have lost a ton of weight, so they're always judging and giving their opinions on what others should and shouldnt eat. the two that lost weight recently both did it by restricting calories to less that 800 a day. I know I shouldnt care what others think, but I jsut dont want to deal w/ the comments! Because it's not just the comments during lunch, any other time they see me eating they will start conversations about that too! Because of that, I just like to keep it kind of private.

When they do comment like "oh, are you trying to lose weight and be healthy? Is that why your ordered that?" I usually just say "I ordered it b/c it sounds good" It just embarasses me that they talk about things like that in front of everyone at a lunch table.

I'm really trying to cut down the number of meals out (because that is what KILLS me when trying to lose weight! If I eat out alot I gain, gain gain!) so I turned down a dinner out offer from my mom tonight! It was REALLY hard, but I'm glad i did!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

I think it's better if you bring your own lunch. Cheaper + healthier
beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #13  

we're going out to a restaurant, it would be a little strange for me to bring something :-) And someone else is paying so it's a free lunch for me!

I think I'll go with the sashimi and tortilla soup or the ahi tuna salad w/ no croutons and dressing on the side. It will just have to be pure willpower to not eat the cornbread...
Old 06-17-2009, 09:49 PM   #14  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

then tell them you don't want it and tell them not to bring it
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote