Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 04:48 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday 11-26-02

Can't sleep so thought I'd catch up on some reading. My nose is killing me. Does anyone have a clue what to do with a broken nose???

I did some Christmas shopping yesterday. Nothing fancy or expensive. Bought Heather a table runner with matching napkins, towels, and rug...all in a Christmas motif. She will be getting them early so she can decorate her kitchen. I have no clue what to buy Stephen, men are so hard to buy for. Got the baby a couple outfits that I know he will be darling in. Next month I will pick Chris and Dad up something.

Bought a small turkey breast and ham which I will slice up tomorrow. Will be making a cheesecake (sorry Linda..hehe) and a pumpkin pie. Think I am ready other than the cleaning of the house. I am in a cleaning mood right now but figure by the time everyone is up that mood will have changed.

I would love to know what Meg's menu is for Thanksgiving. She goes all out and everything always sounds so delish. Share Meg!!

Is anyone ready for Christmas? I know I always had gifts and cards done by now. I wish that was the case this year.

Liz it sounds like you've been a busy busy girl. Don't know how you do it and work too.

Leenie do you by chance have a good recipe for potato stuffing? I ate some years ago while in NJ and loved it. I checked allrecipes.com and found nothing. Maybe I am looking for the wrong thing.

Tippy did you get your kitchen painting done? You may have said but I didn't go too far back in the posts.

I stayed OP yesterday. I think my anti-depressent has kicked in. I don't feel the "need" to eat all day long. I am trying so hard to be good and I want to get through the holidays w/o a gain. I have
to relose a few pounds already, don't need any more.

Uh oh, Chris is awake and on my case for being up til almost 4. Guess I will go to bed and see if I can catch a few winks. Will catch you all later today.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:21 AM   #2  

I have a potato stuffing recipe somewhere. If I find it,I'll post it later. Brrrr, it's cold this morning. The bread machine woke me with it's little beeper telling me it was done. Once in awhile I set the machine timer so that we have warm fresh bread for breakfast. Absolutely wonderful with a piece of fruit.
There are no deer hunters driving through my driveway this morning. Usually we have a few neighbors park along side the barn to walk into the hills and swamp. They were here Saturday AM about 4:45. Am hoping that enough deer are harvested to cut down on the population as it is way out of hand. My doggie, Goldie, has to be tied up until hunting season is over. For one thing, he might wander and get shot by accident or go and try to keep the hunters company. Is one unhappy dog!
Gotta go and find some breakfast or I'll fall asleep at the keyboard.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:09 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

I gotta make this quick.

Sweet I will ask my mom for the recipie but I think it would be to late for Thanksgiving.......BUT we used to eat it on Christmas too. Yum...

I will try to hurry back later and catch up on everyone.

HUGGS !!!

Love Leenie
Old 11-26-2002, 08:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Morning Gang!

I am off this week, except for going in tomorrow morning and doing payroll. Yesterday I cleaned windows and curtains and today I am soooooooo sore. Today I have to clean house, but I think I'm gonna be moving slow. wah

Sounds like everybody is busy. Guess that is more then normal for all us gals. Tis the Season!

Hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 11-26-2002, 08:56 AM   #5  

Talking GOOD MORNING!

I am off to work for a day shift...gonna see how the other half lives

I had a pretty good day yesterday....was supposed to work but something came up so I cancelled my shift....so I tied up lots of loose ends at home...made some phone calls, had a visit with my aunt, caught up with hubby and cleanded a bit...I worked on my dd 10's room and bleached her pillows and bedding....so I think I may have gotten all the dust mite droppings for another few months or so

I don't think I am any busier than anyone else....I don't know what you are on about Leens...just normal old laundry, housework etc...sounds like you are all much the same.

I started my Xmas shopping yesterday...dd4 is still easy...the magic is still very much there and she is easily impressed....dd10 will be a bit more of a challenge...though it can be done.

Do any of you know anything about hamsters? What do you think of them as pets? Do yo have any insights you would like to share with me?

Leens in answer to your question a while back..I do make alot of things from scratch but I am not a big baker so some of that was store bought.

Well I guess I better get my hiney out the door...nice to see so many people posting....I am glad that we are such a busy place.

Gonna decorate for Xmas over the next couple days...cleaned and rearranged furniture for that yesterday....I also think I found our new kitchen table set....wood with the insert that goes down into the table....seats 4-6 which is perfect..and it was a good deal too!

Have a great day everyone!

Eliz

P.S. Sweet there is nothing you can do for a broken nose....ice it and motrin....what happened to your nose...where did you put it that it didn't belong....hope you are feeling better soon!

Tippy watch out for the guys with the guns....hunting worries me...but so does snowmobiling, quading and speed boats so don't mind me...keep the dog and yourself safe.

Cathy I miss you....come back to MSN

Leens duck I think the boss it coming!

Linda I enjoyed your post about thanksgiving etc....it is interesting when you watch what others are doing in terms of eating...I would have been one of the people with a full plate!

byeeeeeeee
Old 11-26-2002, 10:26 AM   #6  

Sweet, here are recipes I found on allrecipes

http://thanksgiving.allrecipes.com/A...geStuffing.asp

Here is a whole list

http://allrecipes.com/directory/1288.asp

April, thank you for you good wishes yesterday. The times coming will be rather trying.. even more so than normal. Going through this again in less than eighteen months is NOT what I want to do... but I guess I will if it happens.

Lizzy, hamsters die pretty fast.. I had one that lasted liked a year, perhaps two. They have to have their cages cleaned all the time or they smell. They aren't cute and cuddly and when they bite it hurts. I had one as a kid, and I never had another one. They are just rats without the long tail IMHO.

Everyone else, hope you have a nice day.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:37 AM   #7  

Tippy we will be the hunters this week. We are going to be at our camp and I have already been informaed that I will be going to sit in the duck blind to see the dog do her thing. I told him I will not be doing any shooting though. It is bad enough that I have to wake up at 4 in the morining and sit in the cold. It is a shame that hubby and I won't be the only ones out there. lol

Cathy how is your hubby?

I am enviouse of all of your guys. Your lives sound so full. You all sound like you are on the go 24/7. I am hoping that the paxil will give me the energy to be that way.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:04 AM   #8  

Don't be concerned about the deer hunters and guns. These men have grown up in this area and know where the houses are. In fact, one man lived in this house before we bought it. They aren't weekend hunters and are pretty safe. I watch them unload and check their weapons everytime they come in from the fields. It is the hunters from out of the area that I'd be worried about and only relatives hunts this land around our place. No strangers are allowed.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:40 AM   #9  

Ladies, the more I think about it the more I realize that my meds aren't working today. I am not doing very well with my thought process. I seem to be very down. It is about me and everything else. The worry in my life is starting to creep back in. I am hoping it is just for today. I havn't had these thought in a whlie and it kind of bothers me. I know that there is no reason to feel this way.
Once I have pushed all of the thoughts back someone says something that triggers them again. Do you guys have any advice to help me get theough today?
Old 11-26-2002, 02:45 PM   #10  

Good morning,

I am on my way out the door to do some Christmas shopping.....So I will check in later.

April
Old 11-26-2002, 02:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Kempyd, the only advise I can give for days like that where the negative, worrying thoughts are obsessive, is to stay busy, you know busy your mind with other things so you can't dwell on the other. Even if it is just playing a game on the computer, something that keeps your mind preoccupied and off the negative.

If you can get some exercise, just a walk or something, that helps too. Also if there is something that you can do for somebody else, that would make you feel better I think, but I know its hard on a down day to do that.

I know these types of days are hard! I think you're making great progress - you realize there is no reason for you to feel this way today. so just accept that the thoughts/feelings don't make sense and ride them out. Hopefully tomorrow you will be feeling better!

I'm praying for you!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 11-26-2002, 06:23 PM   #12  

Talking Kemp

I just got home from work...I wasn't ignoring you...I for one think it is good to express your thoughts and feelings...if you aren't having a good day just admit it and ride it out...some of us seem to think that we have to be perfect little everythings...and we set ourselves up...the reality is is that life is difficult and there is nothing that is ever gonna change that....I have accepted the fact that I am gonna have days like that...I set small goals for myself...and hope for a better day tomorrow.

Hope you are feeling better by now.

I find that the depressive element to drinking is strong with me and so I have to be careful with my alcohol content as it is a depressive. I do love to drink though!

Meds are not going to take all the dark moments away. Have you had therapy as well...I believe the two go together.

Let us know how things are going.

Eliz
Old 11-26-2002, 07:19 PM   #13  

I don't want ot go talk to someone just yet. I still feel like they are going to sit there and ask how that makes me feel. I think when the time is right I will go sit and talk to someone. I went on the meds b/c I was tired of feeling like this and I didn't want to sit and talk to someone and have it take weeks b4 I finally started to feel better. I know this was a cheaters way out but I felt that this what what I had to do.

Thank you guys for caring enough about me to write a little something back.

I won't be here until Monday so I hope you all have a great week. I will be remembering you all when I am stuffing my face Thursday.lol
Old 11-26-2002, 08:48 PM   #14  

Hi all,

Have been back for a while. DH & I went out for breakfast. While there we ran into a friend who used to work with DH 20 years ago. We are friends with him & his DW. This friend was visiting from out of town. So this was a nice coincidence.

I did some Christmas shopping for 4 of my sisters & found something for them. I took the dog in the car for a ride. He loves to go for car rides.

Kem....I sometimes have days when I feel down. I agree with Liz....I think it's good to get your feelings out & also to try to get busy when I feel like this. In the last week....I have been feeling sort of down on & off....My DS3 moved out for the second time. Also it's been a few weeks since I visited my birth family. Last fall after I went to visit my birth family....a few weeks later I started to be depressed. My problem is I have trouble expressing my feelings to DH.

I have supper in the oven. I made a recipe for scalloped potatoes....a WW recipe. I hope it turns out okay.

April
Old 11-26-2002, 09:54 PM   #15  

Thank you all for your help. I am off the pack for our trip. I will check back in Monday. Everyone have a good week.
Closed Thread