Old 01-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/168/135ish

Height: 5'4"

Default men dont understand!

i know i saw this somewhere before but i cant remeber so i thought id start it again. how many of you have georgeus skinny men with no understanding of what it is to be overweight? my man has no understnading of what it is to be overweight or about trying to lose it he thinks that i should just be able to get up and jog 5 miles right off the bat and i have to explain to him tha it doesnt work like that you have to crawl before you can walk. he's motivating but he has no understanding and i just wanted to know if anybody else has this problem
jackiedavis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/172/135

Me Me Me! I have been going thru the exact same thing. I recently started my diet and I kept telling my husband how I wasnted to lose weight I hated the way I looked and all he could say was “well do something about it then” I need support lol I can't do this on my own. But I guess ill have to. He thinks I should just go run or something but I can run for even a mintute straight withought being tired, I try to talk to him n tell him I need him to be there for me but he don't understand at all so I guess its just me! Its gunna be hard but I'm gunna do it.
Tiffany lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #3  

thats what my man says to do something about it and im like you just wait! im going to be hot again very soon lol
Old 01-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #4  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I don't have a man...well I have a guy friend who says he likes bigger girls and I look amazing and shouldn't lose anymore weight...pffftttttttt *SMACK* is what I'd like to do to him sometimes. He said ribs aren't in and are disgusting...i'm sorry at my proper weight my ribs don't show...and my proper weight I look amazing, feel confident and love it. Isn't that what should matter as long as it's at a healthy standard? It's not like I'm looking to be 100 pounds, I'm looking to be 140!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/172/135

That's right and when ur looking all sexy he's gunna be like dang =) I'm just gunna say I told ya so lol
Tiffany lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #6  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Haha me! He's 6'5 handsome and VERY fit, works out 4x a week for the past 6 years. The great thing is he has loved me every step of the way, I am very blessed.

BUT He is very understanding and listens to every complaint or pain I have and gives great suggestions. But he has no idea what it is like to be overweight so when I used to cry, he was so confused on what to do. Eh, sometimes men just don't understand. That's what girlfriends (friends that are girls! Haha) are for!
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #7  

i know ive been with my guy for 6 years hes my high school sweetheart and when we started dateing i was 130 pounds and even at 192 he still loves me and has been with me the whole way which to me is sweet but he goes to the gym for 2 hours monday thru thursday and already has an 8 pack lol so by god i will have an 8 pack one day too lol i wanna put him in a head lock and have it take effort for him to get out of it hahaha
Old 01-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #8  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiedavis87 View Post
i know ive been with my guy for 6 years hes my high school sweetheart and when we started dateing i was 130 pounds and even at 192 he still loves me and has been with me the whole way which to me is sweet but he goes to the gym for 2 hours monday thru thursday and already has an 8 pack lol so by god i will have an 8 pack one day too lol i wanna put him in a head lock and have it take effort for him to get out of it hahaha
Haha LOVE THIS! That is SO what I want to do. The headlock thing! I try boxing him (I take boxing once a week) and while he is still way better then me, there is improvement! Can'tw ait til I'm too fast for him!
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

My boyfriend.... He's a tall sexy guy and by finding an old photo album of his, it looks like im his biggest girlfriend too but he loves me for me and I just want to show him that I can be sexy too. When he eats though it almost makes me sick! The other night I saw him eat an entire pizza AND a philly cheesesteak! And it was all smothered in ranch!! Ugh.... If I did that I could probably watch my thighs grow as I ate!! He doesn't understand why I have to eat healthy to lose weight and he always says "just have a little (junk food), I won't tell anyone). UGH!! He'll see my hard work one day... I guess it will just take a little time. But it will be worth it!
Kristen81985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/168/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen81985 View Post
My boyfriend.... He's a tall sexy guy and by finding an old photo album of his, it looks like im his biggest girlfriend too but he loves me for me and I just want to show him that I can be sexy too. When he eats though it almost makes me sick! The other night I saw him eat an entire pizza AND a philly cheesesteak! And it was all smothered in ranch!! Ugh.... If I did that I could probably watch my thighs grow as I ate!! He doesn't understand why I have to eat healthy to lose weight and he always says "just have a little (junk food), I won't tell anyone). UGH!! He'll see my hard work one day... I guess it will just take a little time. But it will be worth it!
LOL omg, your boyfriend is funny. You're strong for resisting those offers from him though, I'd probably give in if my boyfriend said that with food in my face.
Kruez2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

LOLOL, its hard.... trust me haha.
Kristen81985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 152/135/120

Height: 5'4''

BAH it drives me nuts how much my bf eats without barely gaining any weight. Although he has gained some sooo he has started doing yoga with me which is nice. We're saving up money we're not spending by quitting smoking to sign up for martial arts together.

My main beef is that he doesn't understand I can't eat all crap all the time. And he eats my healthy food (yogurts) as snacks and stuff which drives me a bit nuts. I don't say anything though besides maybe a little teasing. It is a bit frustrating though to go to the fridge for health food and it all gone.

MEN!
iiholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #13  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

I think so much of this has to do with how men think. Alot of times when women are talking through a problem, we are doing it just to vent and men don't really do that. They're less verbal...generalization. So when we're looking for an ear to listen, their mind is going "fix it, fix it, fix it!" so they shoot out the old "do something. eat right, exercise" and while they're right, this isn't the answer we want. lol. I just chalk it up to the way men think. haha.
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 160/135/130

My husband and I were kind of equally overweight, not by much, just a little more pudge than we wanted. He has been deployed for 6 months and will be home soon, but in that time we both lost around 25 pounds. He understands having to work to look good BUT, he is into those pills and shakes and fad diets and I don't believe in anything but good hard natural work. Lol. So we definitely disagree on some things, like diet pills or eating habits, but we both hope to continue being healthy once he gets home. I am so happy that he wants to work out like I do because if he's laying around the house all day or wants to eat out that's a bad influence on me. lol
Ashley829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by redliss7 View Post
I think so much of this has to do with how men think. Alot of times when women are talking through a problem, we are doing it just to vent and men don't really do that. They're less verbal...generalization. So when we're looking for an ear to listen, their mind is going "fix it, fix it, fix it!" so they shoot out the old "do something. eat right, exercise" and while they're right, this isn't the answer we want. lol. I just chalk it up to the way men think. haha.
hahahaha this is hillarious i almost fell out my chair becuase i can see the wheels in my man's head saying "fix it fix it!"