Old 01-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 170/168/120

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiedavis87 View Post
hahahaha this is hillarious i almost fell out my chair becuase i can see the wheels in my man's head saying "fix it fix it!"
Well, Nike's famous phrase is "Just Do It." lol, I'm sure that's what all men think when we vent our weight issues to them..or anything!
Kruez2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #17  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

My DH is an Army officer, so he is required to stay in shape for his job. That doesn't stop him from drinking beer, eating chips and dip, candy, McDonald's or whatever the heck else he wants. He had a weight/tape (measuring body fat percentage method for the military) this morning. Last night we watched the football game and had a few drinks and pizza. He had five pieces of pizza and several beers. I had two pieces of pizza and one small vodka and diet tonic (and had eaten very light for the rest of the day). I was up FOUR pounds from the day before...at his weight/tape, he was the same 174lbs he always is. No matter what he eats.

He doesn't understand. He sees me measuring and counting calories and reading labels and saying no to my favorite treats and he sees it as obsessive and unnecessary. He says just "eat normal...eat what you want just in moderation." My "in moderation" ability is broken. I need to consciously count, measure, and be aware as a crutch to compensate. If I just ate whatever I wanted until I was satisfied like he does, I'd be right back up to my starting weight. He just doesn't get that. To him, it's as weird as needing to be reminded to breathe. He eats in moderation naturally, I do not.

But at the same time, there have been times when he knows he needs to be in shape for a PT (physical training) test or something. So for two or three weeks before, he'll eat better and exercise. And he just does it, he doesn't attach all the emotional complications and obsessions to it like I do. He thinks "I need to lose a few pounds and get in shape. I'll work out extra and quit eating crap for a few weeks." And he does it, plain and simple. Hard to explain the difference. I obsess over what foods to eat, contemplate a plan, long for the treats I'm not eating, curse my weight struggles, and overthing everything. He just works out and eats better...simple as that.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

My DH has slowly been gaining weight over the past few years--he doesn't eat horribly, but he has fast food every so often and sodas. Doesn't drink or smoke. He now wants to lose about 35-40 pounds and started calorie counting with me yesterday. It's sweet and endearing he now thinks about having to measure, weigh, etc, when he's seen me do it all the time.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #19  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Ah man that's the worst. My bf is watching his food and exercise too (we're both well within the "healthy" range but looking to get more in shape) but when we get together which is once every 2 weeks or so it's just an enabling free-for-all.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 160/135/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Ah man that's the worst. My bf is watching his food and exercise too (we're both well within the "healthy" range but looking to get more in shape) but when we get together which is once every 2 weeks or so it's just an enabling free-for-all.
That's what I worry about when my husband comes home! We do like to eat out and I know we can do that every once in awhile and just be smart, but we have to be careful because we love all those bad appetizers! I do know when he gets back we will be going to Chipotle, there are some things we won't every give up completely. haha. I haven't had it for 6 months either so I am excited : p But I get the burrito bol and only eat half of it so at least I try. haha
Ashley829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:59 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 335/TICKER/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany lynn View Post
Me Me Me! I have been going thru the exact same thing. I recently started my diet and I kept telling my husband how I wasnted to lose weight I hated the way I looked and all he could say was “well do something about it then” I need support lol I can't do this on my own. But I guess ill have to. He thinks I should just go run or something but I can run for even a mintute straight withought being tired, I try to talk to him n tell him I need him to be there for me but he don't understand at all so I guess its just me! Its gunna be hard but I'm gunna do it.
guys really dont understand nd even if they are overweight themselves they usually dnt have all the emotional/body imge issues so many wome have... than god for 3fc lol we are all here for each other
aasshhlleeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #22  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by aasshhlleeyy View Post
guys really dont understand nd even if they are overweight themselves they usually dnt have all the emotional/body imge issues so many wome have... than god for 3fc lol we are all here for each other
It's true, my friend is overweight (well I'm sure he's in the obese side now) but he say's he likes the way he is and doesn't have a problem with the way he looks. It kind of bothers me, and that's probably just because I'm trying to get into shape and all he wants to do is go out, eat out and eat crap! We tend to do the swaping of the cooking I bring over healthier food.

But yesterday he decided I guess he saw himself in the reflection kind of what he used to look like when he was (more fit) I didn't know him them but I saw pictures and he looked a lot better. So he's starting to get into more healthier things and joining a gym. Yay!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 168/168/135ish

Height: 5'4"

"My "in moderation" ability is broken."

Amen! you sing it sister! i think most womens moderation ability are broken...i know mine is. my man says just have one cookie and i say i can't, that if i have one i have to have 1000 hahaha

Last edited by jackiedavis87; 01-12-2011 at 10:56 AM.
jackiedavis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Uhhh, my husband! My husband has been thin and fit his whole life! He is the person that could eat whatever and not gain a pound! I look at a doughnut and feel the weight coming on! He thinks this should be easy and doesn't get why I eat so little. BUT, he is supportive. He always tells me how proud of me he is and that I'm doing so great. But, I don't think he could possibly understand ALL the hard work I'm putting into losing weight, because he's never had to lose weight.

Last edited by LindseyLou; 01-12-2011 at 11:07 AM.
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote