Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/175.3/TBD

Height: 5'2

Default Self-Control With Trigger Foods

This is the problem I have that is most disturbing to me: I have certain trigger foods - chocolate, chips, doritos, nuts, cookies - and, if I have a bag or package of them available, I cannot stop eating them. I would literally be obsessing over them until all of it is gone. Usually, I just don't buy any of them so I don't have them available. However, sometimes I really want a certain food and I decide that I will work really hard to control myself... but I, again, end up eating some... then wanting more.. then more.. then decide that I have eaten so much I might as well finish it off because it would be gone.

Has anyone successfully been able to overcome this? or is the only solution to make sure I am never alone with a bag of chocolates again?

Last edited by straightahead; 01-09-2011 at 08:52 PM.
straightahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/150

Height: 5'11"

There are things I cannot keep in the house. For some reason, Annie's Graham cracker bunnies set me off. I've just decided that I can't have them in the house, or only on special occasions. That's just MY reality.
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250 / 210 / 210

Height: 6' 4"

See if you can wean yourself towards similar snacks that don't interest you quite as much.

Whole wheat Triscuit-style crackers might not be as tempting as "chips".

Buy some unsweetened "bakers chocolate." It is bitter, but edible if you can develop a taste for it. If you can't eat it straight, then you may be able to nibble on it along with drinking coffee or milk, to dilute the bitterness.
darway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/217/150

Height: 5'5"

My weakness is Peanut Butter. if it is in the house I literally eat it until its all gone. Ive come to the realization that i can NOT keep PB in the house. Its the only way Ive been able to keep it under control.
MonsterMuffinTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/175.3/TBD

Height: 5'2

I don't get how I got like this! My roommate in college used to eat a whole package of cookies and I was just amazed at that and thought I'd never be able to do it. But at some point, I guess I became capable!

Thanks for the advice! Luckily you can buy most of these foods in small packages when the craving is really strong.. and, like darway suggested, the substitutions are there for the more day-to-day cravings
straightahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #6  
hand in the cookie jar

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

Height: 5"4

I lost a few pounds this week
mslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:40 PM   #7  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I have the same problem! If I buy a package of chocolate chip cookies and I say to myself I will not eat more then 2 a day, that I will stay on track. Well that never happens, I end up eating the whole damn thing. I also think about them because I know they are there.

I just stopped buying them. Now if I want cookies I take a 100 calorie pack of cookies and that is all I can have.
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #8  

Height: 5'6

Most of these are things you can buy single serve packages of - have you tried just buying an individual bag of Doritos or nuts, or does that just make it worse?
Button is offline   Reply With Quote