Old 12-19-2010, 07:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Default *~* Weekly Chat 20 December - 26 December *~*

Well happy Monday everyone! since Rainbow has mentioned that she was gonna be too busy to set this one up, here i am! it's already monday here for me, and you guys know how much i hate mondays... haha...

BUT! i am super excited today because it's my next to last day of work, i have a crapload of things to get done, and i'm pretty sure today's gonna go by super fast. scale still said 76.8 this morning and i was a bit disappointed since i really didn't eat much yesterday, but i'll take stability over a gain at this point. ha! gonna get my nails done after school too. they gonna be BLINGYYYYYY!!! lol.

rainbow, i hate my tighs too! which is why i never go to the pool even though i love swimming... i have a pet name for them even... chicken legs! lol. anyways, hope you find a suit!

p9, yay for holidays! i still have two more days of work and i am so antsy!!! love that you're home-making all of your presents... i picked up knitting a while back but i am pretty ****. i am currently knitting my very first hat but i think i messed up the knitting pattern, cuz it's my first time using circular needles... gah! oh well anyways, it is oddly relaxing though. i'm bringing it with me on the plane!

jazzang, everybody's been real busy i think. don't sweat it! and just enjoy the holidays
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #2  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Yay! New thread!

So, I went to this cookie-making party and saw a lot of friends and relatives who I haven't seen since summer, which is before I lost any weight. They were all beyond shocked at how I looked. I had people give me those deer-in-headlights looks, tons of double takes all night, had people gush over me, had people command/ask/hesitantly suggest to me not to lose anymore weight. Weird. And somehow they found out I've lost 60 lbs (apparently there was a rumor floating around I've lost a lot of weight...who starts these things???).

A ton of people asked me how I did it. A lot didn't believe I wasn't following a "real plan" like WW or Atkins or something. Someone told me repeatedly I should write a book on it (I'm like, um, that'd be a really short book). I got called skinny, skinny mini, skin and bones, and other weird things. People asked if I stopped eating. People asked if I exercised all the time. No and no.

When I was taking pictures, one relative even told me I should be in front of the camera, not behind it. And then one person was like so intent on finding me a jacket when I was outside without one, while commenting that there was a lot less of me to keep me warm - it was weird; I've never had someone be so intense over me being cold before.

Overall, great party! But I've never spent so much time listening to people talk about my weight/appearance. It weirded me out a little, but it was nice, too. I just have to keep telling myself that it's okay to take comments/compliments in stride. I'm getting better at it, I think.
-----------------------------------
KawaiiCandie: We've all been there with the party scenario. The good thing is that you're acknowledging it and that you weighed still - you're still on track now even if you feel you slipped because you're not staying off plan.

platformnine: Hahaha! He just shrugs & eats a block of cheese and chips! That cracked me up - it's exactly what some of my smaller friends do. I'm a little jealous, but oh well... And congrats on the new low weight and no more constipation!

kaelah: Wow, that must be tough sometimes with your family. THey all have cute holiday dresses? Dang, even my tiny, cute relatives don't have that.

mybigwish: Welcome back!

rainbowstripe: I wouldn't worry about doing all the time personals. I don't think they're required - just reply to things if you have something to say and time to say it, I guess?
One thing that helps me with finding a bathing suit (AAAAHHHH!!!) is actually taking along a trusted couple friends to help me pick. Sometimes they can see what looks good even when I can't.

Last edited by LiannaKole; 12-19-2010 at 08:57 PM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Lianna- that can be overwhelming, but it sounds like you took it in stride! It is always encouraging to know that your hard work is paying off!

I had a really busy weekend with no time for the gym and lots of eating. I don't think I have destroyed myself but I'm feeling sluggish tonight! I may double up on workouts this week to negate some of the extra calories!

We fly out for Mexico on Friday!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #4  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

Lianna Thanks for the welcome. Congrats on the big day, it's hard to have people draw all that attention to you but sometimes it's nice to have that reassure of how much progress you've made! Just take it in stride!

Linds I totally feel you on the sluggish the past two days were actually on track but since I had a week off I still feel sluggish!!!!

Kawaii YAY for last day of work!! My work is open except for Christmas Eve and Christmas day so we'll see how much I get off! As for nails get something cute!! I'm going tomorrow and I'm excited to get a cute Christmas design!

Anyway, here I am Yay not taking any more time off! Yesterday and today were pretty close on my WW points, I little bit high but only 2 or 3 so it just took from my weekly. Hopefully that'll make for a good week!!

How's everyones Christmas shopping going? I'm finally pretty close to done!! Yay!!
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #5  

We are 100% done with Christmas shopping. We exchanged with my side of the family this weekend and I think we will exhange with hubbys side when we get home from our trip.

We got very spoiled from my parents. I really tried to spoil my mom this year because she totally deserves it. I think she really enjoyed everything!

What's on everyone's Christmas wish list this year?
Old 12-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hi everyone! This is my first weekly chat post, I'm excited to catch the beginning of the week because I always get overwhelmed with all the different conversations.

The last week or two have been really rough for me with all of the holiday food. I had bronchitis so I just managed to get back into the gym a couple of times this past week (although not at 100% intensity). I have two and a half days of work this week (I teach middle school) and then it's off to Western NY to celebrate Christmas with the parents. :-)

Kawaii: Love the sound of the nails, you should post a pic!

Lianna: Your party sounds like fun, but sort of stressful. Sounds like you handled it well.

Linds: Mexico sounds fun (and warm)!

Mybigwish: I'm almost done too, but I'm really dreading this last bit. I don't know why I wait til the last minute to finish up every year. :-/
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #7  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Lol! Today I was just walking through the house and my little sister (13 years old) exclaimed, "Jeez! Have you lost more weight?!?" I've seen her like every day for the past couple weeks, so I'm all confused. I'm like, "Since yesterday?"
Lil' sister: "Yes!"
Me: "Uh, no."
Another sister: "She looks the same to me."
Lil' sister: "And you have no butt! You turn sideways and it's gone!" ~stares at me in shock~

She has no room to talk - her butt is WAY smaller than mine! She's seriously like a rail (her upper arm is like 7 inces around) - but she always has been. So jealous I didn't get those genes. Haha!

audri8301: Welcome to the thread! Yeah, there are a lot of conversation usually, but just jump in anywhere or start one of your own.
And yeah, the party was a wee bit stressful, but overall was fantastic!
Sorry about the bronchitis. Sounds like it was bad - yikes.

mybigwish & LindsB: I'm jealous of you guys - your shopping is done/close to done. I have to start soon... I'm going tomorrow with friends, so hopefully I can make a big dent in it.

Last edited by LiannaKole; 12-19-2010 at 09:59 PM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #8  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

I ended up eating more food today Ugh, so over on my day by quite a bit but used it for my week. Still have plenty more points for the week but I need to stay on top of it till Saturday!!

For those of you who haven't finished your shopping don't worry this weekend was pretty packed so you're probably better off!!!
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #9  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Helloooooooo everyone! I'm fat and happy today, 130 or so after a big eating/drinking weekend, but it will go down as I eat clean during the week. Saturday was a big fail, major wasted calories on a gingerbread latte from Starbucks and 6 beers that eventually made me violently sick (out the wrong end - that's 5 bowel movements this week, hallelujah)!

I'm already in "vacation mode" in my mind. My thoughts are consumed by packing lists, to-do lists, last-minute Christmas shopping, spending my birthday (Christmas Eve) and Christmas with my boyfriend, and flying out to GERMANY on Sunday! The weather in Europe is pretty bad at the moment, some Irish/British friends who work with me here in Japan are stranded in airports all over Europe.

rainbowstripe I can't think of anyone who actually enjoys swimsuit shopping...good luck on the quest. I emailed you this too but I got your care package at work today and I LOVE it. I've somehow managed to only eat half a serving of the Pineapple Lumps. Maybe I can make that bag last all week long!

platformnine Costco is DEADLY! The samples are so tasty and you can have a complete meal's worth of calories easily...

jazzang Dinner parties are great. I envy your location, I went to San Diego to visit my grandparents every year when I was growing up and I still have such a huge gushing crush on the place.

Kawaii Are you going to Montreal tomorrow? Have a safe trip! You're going to be swimming in compliments when you get your skinny a$$ home.

Lianna WOW that sounds like a total overload and a slightly uncomfortable situation but you handled it like a champ. All the compliments and comments and things sound totally overwhelming but you've absolutely earned the attention - bask in the glow of it all!

LindsB Congrats on finishing up shopping! Your mom is awfully lucky, I haven't bought anything for my parents yet. I'm sure you'll post more before then but in advance: have a safe and fun trip!

audri Glad to hear you're feeling better post-bronchitis. It is totally overwhelming trying to keep up with the chats in here.

mybigwish I hear you on the "just a little more than I should" eating. It's far too easy.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:13 PM   #10  
Ready for a smaller me.

S/C/G: 255/221/150

Kawaii, hope the last day went really quickly!

Lianna, that would have really overwhelmed me, but it's still nice to have so many complements! Also, I know what you mean about your sister getting the thin genes! Both of my sisters got that plus the athletic gene- couldn't I have been given one of those?! :P

LindsB, I try to look at bad days or weekends like this: "One weekend isn't what got me to this weight, and one weekend isn't going to destroy the progress I've made getting rid of it!" What part of Mexico are you going to?

mybigwish, I finished Christmas shopping yesterday, I think. I may pick up one or two small things, but I'm basically done!

audri, the holidays are really tough with all parties and get-togethers seemingly revolving around food! I teach middle school, too! What grade/subject?

krampus, this weekend was a bit of a bust for me, too! Let's just do well this week and make up for it!

I just had a lovely workout at the gym- almost 500 calories burned on the eliptical, woot! Tomorrow I'm going to get my hair cut and a spray tan in preparation for going home for the holidays!
kaelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #11  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

Lianna - nice! while i'm sure it was overwhelming, it's gotta be nice to have people notice you're efforts and appreciate the new you! Makes you stop and realize how far you've come

Kawaii - i know right? so so so busy!! i made myself a "getting back on track" christmas lights ticker to keep me motivated through the rest of the holidays. motivated to stay on plan and motivated to come post in the chat thread! ( and hopefully update my ticker if it moves down!!!!)

Linds - Mexico!! That sounds so exciting. Where in Mex are you going?

Mybigwish - Christmas shopping? Yeah that.... umm..... maybe i'll go on like tuesday. I finished all my online purchases already, does that count? LOL

Krampus and Mary - yeah, umm costco samples = lunchtime. mmmmm..... and Krampus, i wouldnt want to live anywhere else in the world. I'm so lucky to live in Sd... i'm born and raised here too

-----

I went for a totally awesome windy rainy run today. I heart running in the rain!!! SO fun!! Cali is getting SLAMMED with some crazy weather right now!!!!

Last edited by jazzang; 12-19-2010 at 11:23 PM.
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:20 AM   #12  

Lianna - weirder comments aside, that is AWESOME! even though i've haven't lost nearly as much as you have, i am expecting shocked stares and compliments when i get home this christmas! lol. or there will be **** to pay, haha.... oh, and your lil sis sounds too cute, haha.

mybigwish, i shall be sure to post a pic! i've known how i wanted my nails for like a month now. lol. see, nail art is so obsessive over here that they have NAILS MAGAZINES... so i'll like buy one and flip through the pages and be like "i want my nails like THAT!". it's pure awesomeness. ridiculously expensive though....

audri, oh wow, bronchitis sounds terrible! take care of yourself and don't feel too bad about not being able to work out too often... and yes, i will post a pic!

krampus, gingerbread latte!! and i hear you about the holiday planning mode! i'm like "oh i have to do this, this, this..." but i am soooooo excited to be leaving to tokyo tomorrow! i've been bouncing off my chair all day haha (too much coffee isn't helping either). say hi to Crab for me oh and no, i'm staying one night in tokyo and leaving Friday. i figured i deserved it

kaelah, 500 cals on the elliptical?! way to go, girl!!

jazzang, yeah, holidays are insane. i'm just hoping i dont GAIN any weight, but at the same time, wouldn't be awesome if i actually went DOWN?! that would rock.

yay! school day is over! well, i'm taking off early as i have like a gazzilion errands to run before my nails appointment, but still. it did go by fast, except for my last morning class where i was just there to be like an ornament for the wall and was bored out of my mind, but still. it's done!! now i have one class tomorrow, then i can take off after lunch! weeeee!!
Old 12-20-2010, 01:25 AM   #13  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

kawaii - yep holidays are tough. i started this whole adventure right before the holidays last year, and i actually lost my first 10 pounds entirely in the month of december. i was so proud Hey i just noticed that our stats are really similar!!
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:08 AM   #14  

ok, without further ado....

you girls better have chatted some more by the time i wake up tomorrow! good night!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:01 AM   #15  

Kawaii- those nails are hot!

Krampus- I love that you are "fat and happy" such a good perspective!

Kaelah- You are right! I have just been stuck at 148/147 all month. With all the holiday eating i shouldn't beat myself up over it! I would just love to see 145 so I can go into the new year with just 10lbs until goal. Whatever though, as long as I am not gaining.

We are going to the Riviera Maya. It is about 15 minutes south of Cancun. We got married there. We had a voucher for 4 free nights at the resort we spent our honeymoon at, so we are staying at a cheaper place 2 nights then spending 4 nights at the honeymoon place! I hope we have a good time! We could use it! It has been a stressful couple of months for us both!

Last edited by LindsB; 12-20-2010 at 08:03 AM.