Old 10-20-2008, 10:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default *** Weekly Chat Oct 20 – 26 ***

Happy Monday everyone!
Today started off as a great recovery from the weekend, hit the gym. Didn’t have enough time to go as long as I wanted but still some is better than none. I planned out all of my meals for today. I made a huge pot of chicken soup to get that comfort food craving I’ve been having. I’m feeling good.

I got a cute Halloween costume to wear to the party I have to go to. I decided not to cheap out and get all of the cute accessories (nails, makeup, eye lashes, fishnets). If I’m going out for the first time in years I want to turn heads. It still amazes me the self confidence I have compared to even a year ago.

The weekend wasn’t terrible food wise, it wasn’t amazing but better then the last few.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi All!

I had a pretty good weekend. I didn't do to bad as far as food goes. I made a really healthy pasta that I ate on all weekend and had some cookies (a girl's gotta live). I did a 5K AIDS walk on Sunday which felt pretty good. After, I stopped for fast food, but I was really good with portion control. I stopped by a Checkers and got a regular checkerburger (no cheese), a small fry, and a small milkshake. Not exactly healthy, but WAY better than the big burger I used to get with double cheese and large fries.

And I got on the scale this morning. Drumroll please.... I weighed in at 240.2. YAY!!! I'm soooo happy. The 230s are sooooo close. I seem to be really making progress. Considering the way I fell off the wagon last week, this is pretty darn good. Maybe I will hit 225 by Christmas .

RHTS:
You're gonna be FIERCE for halloween! Fishnets and fake lashes... sounds pretty "diva" to me!
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #3  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

RemeberHowToSmile: Good for you and deciding to go all out for Halloween. THis is something I hope to be able to do next year. You worked hard so show it off

Breaka: Congrats on the 5K !!!
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:47 AM   #4  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

*vow* I will not stress myself to the point of intense anxiety this week.

This weekend I read an entire novel. I'm a slow reader, folks. Really slow. I "sub-vocalize" it's called.. I only process things if I SAY the words within my head. Unfortunately, I hadn't started this novel, and by the end of this week I have a midterm on it. I also had ANOTHER novel that I hadn't read, with a "response" essay due on it today. On Friday night I went out drinking. (Brilliant, Jessica, brilliant.)

I spent 6 hours on Saturday and 4 on Sunday sifting my way through the old-school adventure novel, "King Solomon's Mines," a book about a British hunter and naval man in Africa, searching for the fabled Solomon's diamond mines and one of their lost brothers, and all the adventures that occur. Thankfully, it wasn't really all that boring, it kinda kept me entertained. It's no Dan Brown novel, with a cliff-hanger at the end of every chapter by any means... but it wasn't bad. Mostly, I was stressed and trying desperately to get it done...

All of Sunday I had this weird tightness in the back of my throat while I was thinking about trying to get my essay done for today about Virginia Woolf's Orlando, when I'd only finished the first chapter. I looked it up and apparently throat tightness can be caused by anxiety. Lovely. And considering I suffer from panic attacks occasionally, I'm not surprised...

SO. This week, I will concentrate on being healthy, without stressing myself insanely over it, and I am going to try to breathe in and breathe out with regards to schoolwork, and simply... get what I can finished, do my best... and be fine with that.

I was 157.2 this morning. Good enough.

RHTS:
Hey, what're you being for Halloween again??
I bet you will turn heads.

Beaka:
Kudos on the 5K walk, woman! Well done!

Manda:
Hey, super cute dress in your picture!!!

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-20-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:49 AM   #5  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

RHTS: That Halloween costume sounds gorgeous! You're going to post pictures, aren't you?

Beaka: Sounds like you had a good weekend! Great that you made the run. And grats on the portion control

Jelbb: At least you have started now! I have had boyfriends that started studying the hour before their exam and were surprised that they didn't qualify. Still amazes the crap out of me. I'm sure you can get done more than you'd think, if you slip up on quality a bit (many people find this hard) and try not to think of what you still have to do.

Me, not so happy today. I'm 5 pounds up again from what I weighed in yesterday (how the heck is that possible?). I read Jelbbs excellent article on lying scales but it still depresses me. It appears that I am on a plateau, at a fixed BMI of exactly 24.9. I know it's in the healthy range, but I'm just a tiny built girl and I still have all kinds of flab I'd really like to get rid of. It's a bit sad that this affects my motivation. In the supermarket all chocolate bars called to me: "Buy me! You aren't losing weight anyway! Buy me! It doesn't matter!". I resisted their call, to come home - and remember that I still had leftover chocolate from my birthday. It's still in its packet but I get tired of thinking of it the entire afternoon and not eating it. Moreover it makes me feel grumpy. I wish I could spoil it (if it was a bag of chips I'd have poured water in it hours ago) but how do you spoil chocolate? I feel like I shouldn't wish to eat chocolate, but there it is: I want to eat it very much. And it affects my mood.

Ah well, I'm rambling. I'm going running, I'm probably grumpy because I've sat on my arse all day. I hope you all feel better than me .

Last edited by Elwing; 10-20-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #6  
Queen Yo-yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwing View Post
Moreover it makes me feel grumpy. I wish I could spoil it (if it was a bag of chips I'd have poured water in it hours ago) but how do you spoil chocolate?
I learned this from an episode of Sex and the City where Miranda threw out the chocolate cake that she made, then caught herself eating some out of the garbage.

You pour dish detergent on it.

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-20-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:04 AM   #7  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

But that would be heresy :P. It's one of the most delicious kinds of chocolate known to men - 70 % cacao with a teensy bit of coffee in it. I am now going to eat a small piece of it and put the rest in the cupboard. A small piece. No more.
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:11 AM   #8  
Queen Yo-yo

Your will power astounds me. A small piece only, woman!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #9  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

RemeberHowToSmile - Congrats to you for surviving the weekend. What did you finally decide on for the costume?

beaka - Thats awesome that you walked in the AIDS Walk. I used to do that every year in Denver and I just loved it. Congrats on the loss you are right the 230's are so close!!!

Jelbb - ahhhhh I remember the anxiety of school and deadlines. Your right there is only so much that you can do. No use in getting yourself all worked up over it if nothing will change. Here is to a great week!

Elwing - You poor thing, I hate being stalled. Resist that chocolate I know it doesnt seem like it but all will be right very soon. Go for that run, get those endorphins going. Lets get going girly!

Ok what to say about this weekend. Hmmm... I won't even recount the things I shouldnt have eaten but somehow found their way into my mouth. I shot a wedding on Saturday out of town, stayed in a hotel Sunday then shot engagement photos that afternoon. Followed this all up with a poker party/potluck so I'm sure that says enough about my totally off track extravaganza. Bygones I need to get back on track and make it up, my weigh in's are on Tuesdays for a reason. Today I will eat sensibly and make it to the gym. I am sooooo sore from the wedding this weekend but I know I can manage the eliptical. 30 minutes is about right for me so I am going to try and push myself to 45. Right after work, no excuses!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Hey fabulous women!

It's Monday again. I had such a busy weekend. I'm so tired. I need to slow my roll for real. I went to bed at 9:30 last night and I still woke up this morning like I had been hit by a truck. Grrrrr...... but I'm up and I'm at work. I still managed to work out everyday. I was 281 on the scale today which is awesome b/c my weight goes up and down so much. I will get my update tomorrow after work with my inches and fat %. I'm curious to see where I'm at. I'm noticing muscles in places that I didn't know I had. It's very exciting. I was at a CERT training (Community Emergency Relief Team) on Saturday and we had to learn how to triage victims and stop the bleeding. My partner couldn't find my pressure point on my arm and the instructor came over to help assist and he said that I had really strong arms with lots of muscle. He was impressed. He's a fire fighter and he was impressed!?! Yay! It means I have muscles. It was a little moment that made me feel good.

Remember: You're going to be looking so cute! It's all about the confidence. Make sure you take a picture for us.

Beaka- Good job on the 5k walk and the weight loss. You're doing good.

Jel- You're doing really good. Take a deep breathe and don't sweat the small stuff.

El- I'm the same way. I have to fight the urge to go get a candy bar when the scale is off. I have learned that my weight can fluctuate 5 pounds from day to day. I'm pretty sure it's water weight. So I don't dwell on the numbers, but the inches. I would make myself crazy if I didn't. BUT it does feel good when the scale goes down.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #11  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

RHTS: congrats on staying OP and buying Halloween costume ^-^ you're gonna be smoking hot

beaka: that's always good when scale goes the right direction, isn't it. You worked hard for it. Congrats

jelbb: you can do it. Good luck

stephie: things happen, we all have moments where we find foods we shouldn't eat that already are in our belly >"< But at least you know it's only the past now ^^ And you know and DO things to fix that :P So it will be fine

HWGA: yay. Your hard work pays off in different ways, altho the scale doesn't say much of it, right It must feel really good. I'm so happy for you. Congrats.

OK, now it's my turn to "rant".
I just came back from my doctor to check on my fever and stuff and his wife said "OMG you've gained so much weight". I only smiled and say "ah .... hehe"... and then after around 10 minutes, she came back to me and said again "seriously, you've putted on so much weight, how much have you gained?" .....
I mean, SERIOUSLY, i didnt lose weight, but i KNOW i lost inches because jeans and shirts that fitted me when i was 117 lbs are now fitting me even tho i'm heavier now. AND she said i'm gaining weight? Is she blind or something? And, she's a doctor's wife. It's just so so so annoying.
zzzzzzz. There are so many people in this world are just too .... ugh... i can't even find words to describe them Oh well, i guess the only thing good about them is make me realise that's why i love 3fc people ^-^
anyways, the fever is down 2 degree (celcius). It was 40 yesterday but today is only 38. I slept through the whole day actually. Only manage some times to do light exercise becuz my whole body aches so much i can't even move properly Hope that next week i can get back on exercise plan.

Hope that everyone has a great new week. Ah. Weekend ended so soon

Last edited by Annita; 10-20-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:04 PM   #12  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Managed a binge free weekend for the first time since spring...Probably had wayyyyy too much sodium and cheese, but it was in a small amount, so I won't dwell on it. I didn't bother getting on the scale since I was chilling this weekend...decided to snuggle up with a good book and a large cup of lemon tea. Very nice. The next two weeks are going to mad hectic though...my friend is visiting from Florida and she is a total foodie. She even says that the only reason she works out so much is so she can eat whatever she wants. When we are together, we eat soooooo much bread...we love the stuff. Apparently, they don't have as many good restaurants in FL as she is used to so when she comes back to Cali she eats and eats and eats and I'm usually with her. I must watch myself.

Then I'm supposed to take my God daughter to see high school musical...LOL! yes, I want to see it too, but that means soda, candy and popcorn temptation and then there is that Maxwell concert next week (I'll be close enough to see his uvula when he hits those high notes---2nd row center ladies...I'm sooooo juiced!) and going out to eat afterwards. And then there is the Halloween temptation which includes more candy. This like the worst time of year to be watching what you eat.

HWGA: I remember when I had to do CPR training about 6 years and 80 pounds ago, I couldn't get down and breathe into the dummy because my thighs and stomach were in the way...So embarrassing. Looks like you're having a better go than I did. I'm not surprised with all the muscle; you've been a working out machine! So um, not that it matters but, uh, was the fire fighter instructor guy cute? LOL! Oooh, men in uniform...

RHTS: I want to be like you next year... Fishnets...whoo child, gone head now. I'm with everyone else, I want pics.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #13  
Queen Yo-yo

ANNITA.

YOU WEIGH 123 LBS, AND SHE'S TELLING YOU THAT YOU'VE GAINED "SO MUCH WEIGHT"?

Hint hint. She's CRAZY. Completely freaking mental. And horrifically rude. It'd be one thing if you hadn't seen her in ages, and you'd gained 50 lbs. Then she'd just be rude. Now, she's crazy AND rude.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Anita- Thanks girl. It does make me feel good. I guess the biggest thing is that I didn't give up when I didn't see the scale move. That's big for me. As for the dr's wife, She's jealous and crazy. Don't listen to her.

Cali- yes, he was cute but married and a lil too old for me. But it still made me feel good. I've never been around fire fighters, but um there's something about that uniform that makes me melt. I'm such a silly girl. Anyways.... I did good on all of the exercises. Working out pays off so much! I ran up the stairs and I was one of the first and not breathing hard, everyone else was breathing hard. I love it.

Good job on chilling out and reading a book. You needed that. Make sure you take care of yourself and fight off that temptation some.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:14 PM   #15  

Wow!!! This thread is really active! Had to go back to last weeks and finish reading the last couple pages. lol~

The weekend was NOT kind to me plus its TOM.. so I've decided not to weigh myself this week. Instead I'm going to work on keeping healthier foods in the house and stuffing my face with the veggies like Jelbb was saying to do.. and work in incorporating a good healthy work-out routine into my day.

Are any of you on a specific diet? I have a copy of the Extreme Fat Smash Diet book.. but was thinking of maybe trying South Beach. Usually in the past what I do is count calories and eat somewhat intuitively.. I dont really like denying myself anything (Just in case it does set me up to give into temptation!)

Last thing I need is a 3-some with Ben an' Jerry ~-^

Oki! Time for me to get ready for a walk. Ttyl!
bekko is offline   Reply With Quote