Old 11-26-2010, 01:03 AM   #1  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

Default Feeling twitchy without a scale...

So my family decided to get together in Lake Tahoe for Thanksgiving this year...I got up here Tuesday and am staying through Saturday afternoon. I have incredibly little control over food preparation, but I feel like I've been doing pretty well. I made sure to bring some on plan snacks (although I've generally avoided any snacking), and I've been going for walks. I've made sure to monitor my portions, not go back for seconds, focus on proteins and veggies whenever possible, etc. However, the foods have been rich, and I'm definitely eating more calories than traditionally on plan (on plan I average about 1300-1400 a day, right now, I'm eating closer to 1800-1900 probably - I don't have a food scale either to check things). In theory, this should not be enough to cause weight gain; however, the absence of a scale to check is making me soooo twitchy!!! What makes this sad is that I'm this anxious even though I know weight losses and gains aren't often immediate or long-term following changes in diet, so a scale wouldn't even provide any real stress-relief, but I feel like I left home for the first time and I don't have my security blanket

Okay...I'm feeling a bit better just getting that out of my system
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:09 AM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Good job at doing the best you can and going for walks and such.

One thing, if you aren't used to eating rich foods, and more cals, I suggest making sure to drink more water than usual. Just because for me, I know just how easily I bloat. ( I actually have a problem with almost never being thirsty. It started as a side effect I felt, to a medication and when I stopped it it's taken quite a long time to get 'thirst' back.) if I forget to drink enough and eat somethign salty, the next day the scale is inevitably not my friend.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote