Old 10-08-2010, 04:06 AM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Does a good result make you tearful?

I feel odd asking - and it's truly not a fishing for praise exercise - but I had a very strange reaction this morning.

On the scales I weighed 175.6. I'm happy. Slightly surprised because of having eaten wheat yesterday but happy. I came downstairs and logged it into DietPower; liked the graph; looked at the total, exactly 40lbs, I started at 215.6; and dissolved into tears. I can't quite put my finger on it yet but what an odd reaction!

I'm 2lbs off 3 stone and my next bead for my weightloss bracelet.
I'm the lowest weight I've been since March 2005.
but I hadn't worked that out before the reaction. Odd.

I think what did get to me was that 175+ feels So Low and it seems to have happened so quickly, but when I looked back, it's only 1.4lbs this week. Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means dissing 1.4lbs! Who hasn't had weeks where you dream of the point 4, never mind the One point four?!? but what I'm saying is, it wasn't a Stunning Loss, most of my weeks aren't but I'm today blown away by how far and how fast a steady tromp can take you.

OK, off shopping. Probably window shopping but desperate for the odd shirt or two. I'll try and not fall over today, still got the eye bruises from 2 weeks ago!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:14 AM   #2  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

This post really made me happy. You have done so amazingly well!
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/285/150

Height: 5'5

Hello Rosinante! That is so sweet! Great job!! I am just starting out my weight loss and stories like this are so inspiring to me... Best of luck to you!
RollsCouture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations!!! You have worked hard and it shows.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:59 AM   #5  
*~ZUMBA~*

S/C/G: 324/197/150

Height: 5'5"

How funny that I found your post this morning.

I had this same experience after my daily weigh in today. The scale read 212.8 ~ I got off the scale and got back on. Same number 212.8

I told my husband "I can't believe how much I weigh!"

He asked, "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" (ha ha)

I said a good thing. Then I started to tear up.

I didn't let it out until I got in my car to drive to work. I cried for about 5 minutes.

Can't even really describe the feeling or why I cried, but I will classify it as shocked and happy.

Glad to hear someone else has a similar reaction

Last edited by dewdrop1970; 10-08-2010 at 08:00 AM.
dewdrop1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:25 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I am not a particularly emotional person, but yes, I've teared up before. For me it happens at crazier, often PUBLIC events...like the first time I walked through a turn stile forward without any problem. Or when I made it to my seat in the nose-bleed section at a baseball game without even being winded. Or when a smaller size fits me at the store.

That's when I tear up!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:40 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I can see this.

This is a very emotional journey. I have definitely had crying spurts upon hitting certain milestones. It's just, well, it's just - big stuff. Heavy. Yeah, emotional.

Like Eliana, I also get quite teary when I *do* certain things. The first time I shopped in a regular sized store - oh my g_d, forget about it. I was a crying wreck. My daughter(s) recently got married, and I was having my make up done. Well the make up girl that we hired brings along her own chair, and it's this fold up director's type cloth chair that is quite high. I told her I didn't think I could get up there and she's like "what?!?". Of course I got up there with ease and started crying.. I had to tell her about the weight loss, hence she think I'm a total looney. I avoided flying for 15 years (the seats, seat belts), so when I first did that, I bawled like a baby. Very. emotional. journey.

I'm so thrilled for you Rosinante. There are so many more wonderful weigh-ins in your future. I think you have found the joy in this.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #8  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

For me this journey is very emotional and I KNOW the minute I make it to 199. anything I will be in tears literally! Congrats on all of your hard work!!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/179.8/150

As the song says, steady as she goes. You're right - it makes a huge difference if you keep going even when it seems like nothing's happening.

I got teary around loss, too. But I think I'll full out cry when I get down into a normal weight bracket. I haven't been a normal weight for ever. I can already feel the waterworks as I type it.

You've done absolutely amazing and it's totally normal to feel emotional. It's an amazing feeling to have come so far, though.

Congrats!

Last edited by LaChicka; 10-08-2010 at 08:51 AM.
LaChicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:54 AM   #10  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Congratulations Rosinate. I always look for your posts as you have such a voice of reason and calm I am a very emotional person and have cried at many stages through this journey. Noteably the 70lbs mark on saturday, I didn't but I could have cried this morning with the 1.5, finding something in a medium that fit, my trousers falling down because they are too big, having to tuck my leggings into my bra to keep them up (UK size 18 too big).
Like you, I have been here before, but something, this time, keeps me grounded and secure.
You should be amazingly proud of your achievements.

Last edited by starbrite; 10-08-2010 at 08:55 AM.
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #11  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I have become a crier during this weight loss process. Don't know if it's because no longer stuffing my feelings with food or because I'm doing something so amazingly positive for myself.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #12  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Thankyou for your posts, which are helpful and kind.

I think there's a lot to be said for the 'no longer eating my emotions' theory!
and
sorry but I laughed loud enough to make the dogs jump at the thought of tucking your leggings into your bra!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #13  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

I just posted a thread about being more emotional when I lose weight rapidly! So yes, I do it too

And I would like to also say you are completely awesome. Congrats, you are doing so so well!
xty is offline   Reply With Quote