Old 09-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default **Quick Weekly Chat 9/27 - 10/3**

First of all...HOLY CRAP ITS JUST ABOUT OCTOBER!!! This year is flying!

Second - down 1.6 lbs from Friday. I would say I'm officially in the the 150's now! YAY!

Had a good weekend. Hubby worked both days so little man and I just hung out. We painted some leaves yesterday and went for walks both days. We had a great time at the Canes game friday night. I posted some pics of the little one in his new Canes Jersey on the Regular Chat thread from last week.

Can I vent real quick? I hate when people flake! Today Chili's is donating 100% of their profits to St Judes Childrens Research Hospital, so a co-worker, a former co-worker and I made plans last week to go there for lunch today. This morning I get in and have an email from my co-worker saying "I brought my lunch, can we re-schedule?" UMM...NO! 2 reasons, TODAY is the donation day and *I* didn't bring *my* lunch. As far as I know, my former co-worker is still going. If she flakes too, I'll just get mine to go. Grr...

*Sorry. That was longer than my normal posts. Don't feel the need to respond to my venting *
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #2  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Good morning

I got new clothes yesterday But now back to work

I cooked and cleaned yesterday, and didn't do homework, so tonight will be work until 6, gym, homework, SLEEEEEEEP. I actually forgot my coffee on my counter this morning, and I'm doing fairly well without it.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:45 AM   #3  
One pound at a time...

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/125

Height: 5'3"

Hope it's okay that I join in...I've been reading the weekly chats for a while now, but for some reason I never post, haha.

Stella, your day sounds a lot like mine...my best friend flew in from Argentina this weekend, so I didn't do ANY work. Now today will be pretty much straight work, with a quick break for yoga class

My midterm exams are this week, which is super bizarre. How am I already halfway through the semester??

And Jenn, the co-worker situation sounds super frustrating...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that your former co-worker doesn't back out too. On the bright side, I'm sure lunch will be delicious!
PlaygroundLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #4  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

OMG, it's almost October! I have a halloween party to plan! I have a second wedding anniversary coming up! I have so much to do! Sheesh.

Hi all. Jenn, I hope your co-worker shows. I hate when I have plans and someone changes them at the last second, and I have no way of changing them! Besides, that's a good cause!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Flakey people kill me, too. It is just disrespectful.

Happy Monday, I guess, even though my mood isn't much improved from late last week. On the positive side, I've found myself being more productive in an effort to stay busy and not focus on being in a funk, so there's that.

What workouts are you guys doing tonight? My sister in law wants me to sign up for a 5k in November with her, so I think it would behoove me to start rocking C25k again, pronto. I really miss actually being in the gym too, though. Decisions, decisions.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #6  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Aw, you should do it Amanda! I wish I didn't want to always punch my sister in law in the face!

And I was to do my first 5k in October, but we thought it was at the end (because it's in a cemetary and halloween themed, you run in your costume...) but its on 10/9. Like, how dumb is that? So I think I'm gonna try for one in November... but if not, I'll go in the spring. Or a crazy cold one, ...

OMG MONDAY BE OVER!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #7  

Awww, I'm sorry Kate.. I am so unbelievably lucky with my in-laws. I adore them, all of them.. Except his biological mother, but she's veryrarely around so I don't have to deal with her.

Anyway, I committed to it! I feel butterflies in my stomach already, haha. This should be some freaking amazing motivation, though! My SIL used to run marathons for crying out loud.. she's been out of the running thing for like 8 years, but she still has me intimidated.

Yeah, Monday, you've been pretty nice to me so far compared to Mondays past, but it would be swell if the work part of day could move a bit more quickly.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #8  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

hey everyone, this week I am making a super effort to get some weight to move! Because if i see 63.7-63.3 on the scales again I might just go made. So today I am making food, gyming and doing 20 jobs, then I can enjoy my day off lol

I cant believe its october either! On the one hand, bring on the warmer weather, on the other how has this year gone so fast??
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #9  
One pound at a time...

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/125

Height: 5'3"

Amanda- I just registered for a 5k in November too...we can commiserate! Haha. I'm super nervous, but I think being committed to something will give me the push I need to stick with it.
PlaygroundLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:21 PM   #10  

Yay! It will be nice to compare experiences. Exactly, I feel like I'd be training for a 5k in a half assed manner for years before growing a pair and just doing it. So the nerves are in full effect, but I'm grateful for the opportunity to get myself in shape finally.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 275/274.8/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm not a runner (well I weigh 250...I liked running when I was 190/200), but maybe I will go back to that once I can take some weight off of these knees. Even if I do the elliptical 1-2 days a week instead of the bike, I can feel my knees groaning. Good luck to you ladies though!

Well, I'm new to the weekly chat, but not too new to the boards (been here about 2 months?). My classwork slowed down this week but I have a paper due and three midterms next week. Tests are my downfall...papers I can do, reading I can do, class discussion I can do, but no thank you to tests. I'm thinking about spending an extra night w/my boyfriend tonight but afraid of not finding a parking spot when I get back. And I'm trying to meet my goal this week of going to the gym every day (except Sunday). I went today so good so far. Found out I still don't like baby carrots though. I wish I weren't so picky!

All in all, just trying to stay positive.
myfishpajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #12  
Brighter than the moon!

Icon - you and me both. I'm getting sick of seeing 169.0 and 169.2. I think I'm smaller, though...

I cooked yesterday, and today I haven't really had an appetite, so I'm using it to my advantage to stay within my calories.

The gym tonight is the stairmaster and possibly the elliptical if I get bored with it.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

The inner part of my laptop charger was pushed up yesterday and the charger wouldn't plug back into my laptop afterwards and my battery died and I felt completely unplugged from civilization and it was torture!!! I brought it to Staples this afternoon after work and the guy pushed it down a bit again and it plugs back in now. Very relieved since originally they were quoting like $350 to fix the piece....not gonna happen when I only paid $500 for the laptop in the first place!

Last edited by Chele615; 09-27-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #14  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarosa27 View Post
Icon - you and me both. I'm getting sick of seeing 169.0 and 169.2. I think I'm smaller, though...
yeah i mean, i am fitter definately and I have biceps! But its like the fat is just running around my body trying to hide from my new fat burning muscles *shakes fist*
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #15  
Brighter than the moon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconised Ghost View Post
yeah i mean, i am fitter definately and I have biceps! But its like the fat is just running around my body trying to hide from my new fat burning muscles *shakes fist*
Maybe that's what's going on here.

My tricep muscles are amazing, though. I was looking as I combed my hair the other day, and I was like well helloooooooo.