South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 06:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Beachin!

Happy Saturday!

We're keeping Amber & Tyler this morning and have to go pick them at 7. They want to go for pancakes, then we're taking them to The Strasburg RR where they can take a ride on an old steam engine train. It's also Thomas the Train Days there, so I know Tyler will love it. There's also a big celebration festival going on at the park, so we'll hit that afterwards. The kids should be pretty worn out after all that!

The weatherman just announced that The Farmer's Almanac predicts a "snowy and colder than usual" winter this year. Oh yay.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:33 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! A glorious day is unfolding here, just perfect for a wedding.

Cottage, those weather people and the almanac lie and you know it! I've also seen predictions of a milder winter. I'll check out the woolly bear caterpillars and let you know what they say. Whatever happens we will just have to take what we get. (Reminder to Self: Check wood and Scotch supplies.)

Yesterday was a biggie and today is pretty full too but with fun stuff. I'm about to make a huge batch of devilled eggs and also have a basket of small tomatoes to be hollowed out and stuffed with skorthalia, that Greek potato & garlic mixture. Claire finally gave in and got the rest of the meal catered as a BBQ but still wants some home made goodies for 60 people. It's going to be a pretty casual wedding out in a field - shades of the sixties! I feel I should wear an Indian cotton skirt, beads and carry a hooka pipe.

I'm really looking forward to this event but am also looking forward to tomorrow which has absolutely nothing on the plan!

For now, coffee, dog cuddles and then into fifth gear!

Old 09-11-2010, 06:56 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I have to go outside and see if we had a freeze last night. Kirk and I had differing reports from the weatherman. I didn't think it would freeze but decided to participate in the chore of covering the tomatoes not wanting to be the killer of the garden.

Linda, your day sounds fun....your winter weather discussion, not so much.

Ruth, (aka hippie chick) have a fun day at the wedding. I must look into that egg recipe. It sounds much better than plain deviled eggs.

Me, have a doggie event today-a safety fair for kids, so Bing gets a bath this morning. After a stop at the store, it will probably be more peach dehydrating. I got a vitamix yesterday and am excited to start playing with that.....first thing Coffee!
Old 09-11-2010, 07:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies!!

I had to poke my head in a bit, I just love laughing over Ruth's posts. I've taken a break on the 3FC website for a while, to work on other aspects of my life. I hurt my knee recently, and have to make sure I cut back on my calories so I don't plump up again!!

I'm off to a cat spay clinic, and am getting my red beans and rice in the crockpot (thanks Kalyn!!).

Have a beautiful day!
Old 09-11-2010, 08:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Linda - My oldest was soooo into Thomas back in the day. Have fun.

Ruth - Sounds like a lovely event.

Debbie - Freeze - already? Ours are usually sometime in October... I anxiously await it to kill the ragweed.

Twynn- I was just thinking and wondering about you the other day. And some of the other chicks who were here when I started but now missing. Sorry to hear about your knee.

Nothing much planned here. If it did not rain too much last night we'll go for a bike ride. Need to get some shopping done. I feel better already after just one day back on PH 1
Old 09-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Twynn, sorry about your knee....thanks for stopping by! You are always and inspiration to me.

Karen, glad you're feeling better...amazing how it works! We will have nice weather for quite awhile and the tomatoes will still do fine...but at this altitude we'll get a sneak freeze early on. Two years ago it froze the tomatoes but we saved them last year.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another lovely fall day shaping up around here.

Cottage - Bet you will be worn out too

Ruth - I can so picture you in the beads and cotton skirt. Now I have an urge to listen to White Rabbit.

Debbie - Hope you dodged the freeze.

Twynn - ooohhh, crockpot, great idea! I'm going to set something up for the week. Hope the knee heals quickly. I hate knee problems

Karen - enjoy your bike ride

I have been moving slowly this morning and still need my weekend list. Next Saturday we leave for vacation (finally!) so lots to do this weekend. I'm definitely including a long walk in my plans. It's too nice out there to stay inside.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

White Rabbit!! Thanks for the ear-worm, Cyndi. I'd forgotten that one.

Lexxiss, the eggs don't have skorthalia, just the tomatoes. The deviled eggs are my Delta-famous regular ones.

It's such a gorgeous day that I'm hoping and planning for lunch on the deck today - Greek salad with no onions in consideration of the wedding guests. I have NOT sampled the skorthalia. I wonder if you can get bad breath by breathing in garlic fumes.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:04 AM   #9  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning Ladies

Day 4 of week 1 for me. I don't seem to be losing fast like last time, but it is easier to stick to this time. Today is my son's first football game and my daughter's first cheerleading. She cheered last year, but this is his first ever time playing football.

It is so HOT here. It has been in the high 90's all week. I am so ready for cooler weather. I want to wear my new cute boots I bought.

Have a great day.
Tammie
Old 09-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Hello, ladies!!! I didn't get the chance to swing by yesterday b/c we spent all day running. I got off at 0530 hrs, went to the gym, came home and slept until 1130 hrs. Had to go visit my favorite Thai restaurant owner and went off-plan w/ some Pad Thai (OOPS!!! Well, not really, b/c it was totally planned). Got my haircut, did some clothes shopping (had to figure out what size I wear now, LOL), did my grocery shopping, then came home and cooked dinner, made a cheesecake, made some chicken salad, and made some strawberry dessert topping.

Today I've been to the gym and now I'm watching the Georgia game (Need to get it in gear, Dawgs!!!). Got a family dinner to go to at 6 and a birthday celebration to go to for a friend whenever I'm done there. Tomorrow is my rest day, though!!!

Back to the clothes shopping. It was so weird going in there not knowing what size I currently wear. I started out in a tight and uncomfortable 28. As of yesterday I'm in a loose 24 and about 5 pounds away from fitting very comfortably in a 22 (I can fit in them, but not completely comfortably yet). I'm so excited!!! My mom is down from a tight size 16 pants to a loose size 14 pants and a comfortable 18/20 top to a comfortable 14 top. It was also time to replace the underwear since it was getting to the point where I had to roll the band over TWICE for them to fit okay. LMFAO

Anywho...enough chatter from me. I hope you ladies are having a great weekend!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:42 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies:
i'm glad you're all having a fun weekend Strangely today was a reprieve from a very hard week. One of the ladies that works in my buildign at work passed away and one of my coworkers had a brain tumor the size of a baseball removed. to cap it off DH's aunt passed on. It has been one of those weeks you just fight to stay upright and keep breathing.
DH and I took our little rowboat out on the lake today it was so peaceful! I feel recharged.
We went out for a nice semi op dinner everything but the potatoes and whiskey. When we got home on our front steps we could see the twin beams in the sky from Ground Zero (I live in NJ) We just stood there a moment and reflected.
It puts all the everyday crazy into perspective.
Kierie
Old 09-12-2010, 05:43 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Sunday morning 3:30 AM, 48 degrees

Kierie, I went out on the rowboat with you for a moment...it felt like a peaceful moment after a very stress-filled week.

Natasha, super news on your clothing trip! What a great achievement to stay OP long enough to reap the rewards! Keep truckin'!

Tammie, how was the game? lol

Me, enjoying a quiet morning entering recipes. Bing and Kirk were up for a trip outside and have since gone back to bed. I'm going to bake an off plan cake for church (my SIL just sent the recipe), which is great because I can have 1 sm piece and the rest goes away. I'll also make food for me, so I'm not tempted, but haven't decided yet. I am in love with my vitamix and know it's the next tier in my health process, as I love fresh and green veggie juice. I missed lunch yesterday and made a juice when I got home...it pepped me right up! (It also makes a great cappucino from leftover coffee!)

I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Ruth, would you ever share a recipe??
Old 09-12-2010, 06:57 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Debbie I am so tempted by the Vitamix but am trying to resist kitchen toys. At one point I just went crazy with them and I'm trying to buy just what fits in my small kitchen.
Hope your quiet morning stays quiet for a little while. That's the only reason I can think of to get up so early

Kierie - The rowboat ride sounds like the perfect ending to your week.

Natasha - Isn't it amazing how much more fun clothes shopping is now? I just got my last check from the consignment store for the larger clothes I dropped off as I was losing. It was a nice way to balance all the new clothes purchases and it got the big clothes out of the house.

Tammie - I've noticed the same thing about returns to Phase 1. After the first time it just helps get rid of cravings for me but I don't get the big whoosh anymore.

Ruth - White Rabbit is a regular on my crazy driving iPod mix. Love that song.

Today will be a lot like yesterday, but more focused. I've got dehydrating, cleaning, vacation prep and work week prep to do. The first fall clothes bin is coming out and my capris are going away until next May

Food prep for the week is high on the list. I'm firing up the crockpot to make beans and grain (haven't decided what kind) for the week. I'm also making a pot of curried carrot soup and some grilled veggies It will be nice to have something really healthy all prepped for busy days. Might do a little baking too, maybe some bread and a mock snack cake.

I've got some extra coffee here (it's not really extra but I can make more ) anyone want a cup? How is your day shaping up?
Old 09-12-2010, 07:13 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Thanks for the coffee, Cyndi. I made some but the milk was sour. I've got another cup with SF hazelnut syrup instead.

Lovely wedding yesterday! You could feel the love and support for Matt and Isis. The weather was perfect and the children and dogs had as much fun as the adults, running around the meadow and even climbing trees! There is a breakfast this morning in the big tent but I think I may leave it to the younger folks since it's cold and rainy right now.

Rainy Sunday's are my favourite time to cook and quilt and I may just do that. l had a tiring and somewhat frustrating week so a day of peace and quiet will be just right. Curried carrot soup sounds great and so does a crock pot of chili. I might even put "afternoon nap" on my To Do list.

Lifting my mug to a serene Sunday!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I ready to enjoy a lazy, rainy Sunday here, too. But first, Jake wants to go to breakfast at Cracker Barrel, and I have to pick up a few groceries at Wegman's. While I'm in the area, I want to check out the wireless printers at Best Buys, too.

I'm glad the wedding was lovely, Ruth, and glad the weather held off for it.

Gotta run for now, but will check in again later!
Closed Thread