Old 08-09-2010, 06:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/174

Height: 5'4"

Default Walk away the pounds ?'s

I have a very old walk away the pounds, probably the first one put out. I want to get a different one. There are so many out there, I looked on her website, and was kind of over whelmed.

My questions are which ones do you like best, and why. I have a rare heart condition, and can do these work outs, but need to be mindful of keeping my heart rate below 120, or my defribulator goes off, yes since the age of 42, I have been a bionic woman, and my DR. wants me to lose weight, and exercise, so he has OK'd me doing these.

Wilma
slim n up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:42 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Here's a list of her DVDs from her site

http://www.walkathome.com/store/cat-walkingworkouts.php

I use the 5 Miles and the walk and jog DVDs but I don't want to recommend those for someone that may not be able to handle them. There are other options there though so I say browse through them and see if any catch your eye
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'1"

I like, and have, most all of her DVDs. I like the Fast and Firm 4 Really big miles the best. I don't think I could keep my heart rate below 120 doing these though, so I'm not sure how that's gonna work out. Maybe look for some of the gentler walks?
Ursula745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #4  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Really, you can't go wrong with any of her DVDs. I would recommend staying away from the ones that are boosted walking. If you look up reviews on Amazon they will tell you in detail about the DVDs.
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

I love, love, love the 3 Mile Boot Camp. If does have bursts of "boosted walking" (light jogging), so either approve that with your doc or just stick with walking during those times. This DVD comes with resistance bands and it is a great workout!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Wilma - I like almost all of Leslie's workouts - especially the new ones. But I think almost all of them get my heartrate up above 120. I would think that any of Leslie's dvds that you get you can adjust in that you could simply walk in place if the kneelifts got your heartrate too high, or just lower your hands instead of doing the hand movements above your head - that sort of thing. you can watch clips of her workouts at collagevideo.com

I think one dvd that might work well for you without much adjustment is called "Walk This Way". actually you can do the whole workout at youtube.com there are 2 parts

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVjwkaLGDk
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8b4P...eature=channel

take care,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #7  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Wilma, the ones that come to mind that might work for you are: The Walk Diet (one mile), Walk Away the Pounds Express (also one mile) and the Muscle Mile One Dvd. The Power Mile DVD may work as well. Both the Muscle Mile and the Power Mile use small 2lb hand weights, but you don't have to use them.

One I would stay away from is the "Three Mile Weight Loss Walk."

The DVD's I've mentioned are probably very old; I've gotten them at Walmart in the clearance section so there may be much better ones out there. You might want to try your local library to see if they have any you could borrow.

Best of luck to you and I wish you good health!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

Yeah I would have to say the same thing, all of my favorites of hers are definitely ones that get my heart rate up there. Tai had some good ideas. There's also a Walk Strong one you could try, just be careful. It doesn't really get my heartrate up too much but then I've been exercising awhile, and I don't know what it would do for you. I suppose not using the weights would help.
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #9  
In it 4 the long haul

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I agree with Cathy on the Walk this Way.
I too had seen it on you tube and done it a few times before getting a couple of dvd's at Walmart. It was much easier on me that the ones I bought.

Do you have something that you can wear that tells you what your pulse is at all times so that you could watch you heart rate going up and could back off some.

Good Luck with this and let us know how your doing.

Leann
want2bfit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/210/174

WOW, everyone Thanks so much for all of this info. I will be checking out some of these. Everyone here seems so helpful, and friendly. I know I can do it, it will just take me longer.

Have a great evening everyone.

Wilma
slim n up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Wilma - let us know how you do.

and if you'd like, we'd love for your to join us on the monthly thread where we post our walking.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitn...ily-check.html

take care,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote