Old 08-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/214/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Day 1, Trying to Be Proud

So I started Weight Watchers on my own at home today.

I've tried it before and have failed several times, but I want this time to be different. I am the kind of person who is always beating myself up for everything but that needs to change too.

I did well all day with my points and vowed to go to the gym after work. I really didn't want to go. I always give myself an out because I tell myself "what will one 45 minute workout actually do for me?" and then it's easy not to go. But I know that if I just stopped saying that to myself and went and did the work instead, I would undoubtedly start seeing results. So, I picked myself up and off I went. And the gym was closed (it was a civic holiday, so I guess it was closed early today or maybe completely). Anyway, I didn't used it as an excuse not to work out. I just went for a walk intsead. It was only 20 minutes, but it gave me one activity point and I'm trying to be proud of that.

It's difficult, but these small changes, even in the way I talk to myself, will ultimately take me where I need to go. So yay for one activity point! There are plenty more where that came from!!!
lynncharlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

Well, we have two things in common! We're both CANADIAN, and also doing WW at home.
And also I have tried and failed previously which is why I'm here. So far I have not worked out at all but hope to start soon...MOTIVATION NEEDED HERE!!!
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Started at 380lbs.

Height: 6'4"

I believe in both of you!

I am not in a place to exercise right now. I just make small changes to everything I do. When I go anywhere, I park in the spot farthest away now. I also try to always use stairs now and never an elevator. I know it's not much, but it does add up.
ewimsatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:59 AM   #4  

Yay to Canadians!! lol

When did you start your program, JJ? How's it going this time around?

Thanks, Ewimsatt! May I ask why you say you're not in a place to exercise? Are you on any kind of food program? How are things going for you?
Old 08-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Started at 380lbs.

Height: 6'4"

I am a single father to a 2 year old autistic son and 1 year old daughter. I just don't have the time right now. My food program is I eat whatever I want, but stop when I get to 1200-1600 calories.
ewimsatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #6  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

lynncharlene - I'm exceedingly proud of you!! A 20 minute walk AND an activity point earned are both reasons to lay your head down on the pillow tonight and feel good!

BTW - one 45 minute workout releases endorphins into your brain and makes you feel happy! So THAT'S what good it will do you.

Andrea
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #7  

well, ewimsatt, keep up the good work! It looks and sounds as though you're doing great so far!

Aww, thanks Mortonpixie! Your post totally made me smile! Thanks so much for the encouragement. Much needed and appreciated! I'll get over to the gym tonight after work. I have plans to meet people for dinner twice this week so I'll really have to plan ahead to make that work into my program. I really want to do it this time!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/188/150

Height: 5"10

Congrats on pushing yourself to exercise. I'm just starting too, and also Canadian, maybe we can "start" together. There seems to be many people here already months into their diet. Somehow I feel left behind before I've even started! haha. I suppose that's a bit of that negative thinking you mentioned right there... whoops.
Lauren and Lillienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:11 AM   #9  

LYNNCHARLENE...I started my program about a month ago and have lost about 9 lbs. I still haven't exercised at all but plan to start today. I have anm elliptical machine here at home and I plan to use it as much as possible. I'd like to get up to 30 mins on there a day but we'll see. So far I am happy with how it is going for me. the only problem I have is the weekends. It seems it takes me almost a week to get back on track and where I was before the weekend started

EWIMSATT...thanks for belief you put in me. I think you have more than me.HAHA.

MORTONPIXIE...I need those endorphins about right NOW..TOM is coming and I feel like BLECH!

LAURENANDLILLIENNE...lets get exercising. I've checked out many of the goal stories and wonder how some of these people keep up the positive thinking long enough to lose well over 100 lbs. I feel I lose the motivation and get discouraged and I only want to lose about 60 lbs.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

I'm not Canadian, but I love Canada! Been twice (East and West) and loved both times -- y'all are sooo nice!

Exercising is the hardest part for me too. You should be pleased with yourself for walking even though the gym was closed -- I'm impressed! I just started (again) to control what I eat a couple of weeks ago. Exercise is my next step...

Last edited by Jen516; 08-06-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #11  

jen...I hate thexercise thing too. I'm embarassed to say that I just got on my elliptical for all of two minutes and my legs were jelly. I think it had something the glass of wine I had with my dinner!!HAHA. It seems to make my muscles go to mush!!
Old 08-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Just so you know, this little discussion about exercise got me out of the house for a 30 minute walk last night. Thanks!
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:47 AM   #13  

Good for you Jen...now if only it would do the same for me...
Old 08-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #14  

oh Jen, I'm so happy to hear that this conversation got you out and walking!! That's fabulous and exactly what all this is about, right?

How have you been doing since?