Old 06-23-2010, 06:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 239/139/125

Height: 5'3"

Default What to do? (or how to live?)

So after losing 100 pounds, I'm in maintenance. I've done well, but I've gained about 5 pounds since then. I'm freaking out, because I don't want to regain all the weight I've lost. Part of me wants to go back on Medifast because it worked for me, but the other half is saying not to freak out every time the scale goes up.
So my question is what should I do? Just keep maintaining? Or go back on my plan? How do I just live? How do I just stop worrying about food and weight?
*sigh*
mjhart23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:02 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Go back on plan.

I think a little fear when it comes to regaining is healthy, actually. Unfortunately, it's not always enough to keep you in check, so I think going back on plan and reigning things in is a great way to thwart a regain

Also, I don't know how long it's been since you've been maintaining, but maybe your body is just trying to find a happy place to settle at? I shot for 130, then settled at 135, but my "happy" place is 138-143. It may take some time to figure that stuff out, too.

Congrats on reaching your goal!

Last edited by junebug41; 06-23-2010 at 07:03 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:05 PM   #3  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

No advice, but congrats on reaching goal! I am sure it will just take some time for things to settle and work themselves out like Jen mentioned.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 239/139/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
Go back on plan.

I think a little fear when it comes to regaining is healthy, actually. Unfortunately, it's not always enough to keep you in check, so I think going back on plan and reigning things in is a great way to thwart a regain

Also, I don't know how long it's been since you've been maintaining, but maybe your body is just trying to find a happy place to settle at? I shot for 130, then settled at 135, but my "happy" place is 138-143. It may take some time to figure that stuff out, too.

Congrats on reaching your goal!
I think that may be it. My goal weight as set my the BMI charts was 140, but I actually hit 130. Now I'm closer to 140 again. But I think 130 may have been too low because...um...my monthly visitor hasn't visited (and there's no way I'm pregnant) so I'm thinking maybe my weight was too low, oddly enough.

I do plan to go back on plan though
mjhart23 is offline   Reply With Quote