Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 12:11 PM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default 300+ And Ready to try again....#220

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 09-29-2002, 12:13 PM   #2  
I'm on my way!

I MOVED OVER LUCKY'S AND MY POST FROM THE LAST THREAD!

Sara How do you prepare your salmon? I love it but only know how to make patties!!!

I eat a lot of chicken and saw you had that as a dinner also. I have posted this before but thought I would again for you. I take breasts, coat them with taco seasoning, put them in a crock-pot, and cover them with salsa. When it’s done I divide the batch up into containers and freeze them for quick meals. I love it because you can make it mild or spicy depending on the salsa you use.

Kat: I fell off the wagon journaling and now you bring up EXERSIZE!!! Are you trying to ruin my Sunday? I suppose I should be thanking you????? I have to start this week out journaling again and starting to seriously exercise. I keep blaming it on time but I also know if it’s something I like to do I DO find the time. I have to if I want to . AND if I want to take this body out for a spin! (refer to last post on that comment).

How many posts is it again before we start a new thread?????

Old 09-29-2002, 12:15 PM   #3  
I'm on my way!

Lucky I like Dr. Phil...he is so funny sometimes! And he really just says these things off the top of his head! He doesn't realize how funny he is! I had a new body..well semi new before I got pregnant....I just want that body back for now then work on the new new body!

Kat....you are right about the exercise! It does work and while I was out there pounding the pavement I was saying I don't remember being this tired so early in the walk! I had walked almost every day since I had started WW back then. The lbs were melting off of me. I lost the 97 lbs in 10 months. Just think...by next we could all have that kind of weight off of us for the summber!! Anyways....I built up my stamina and kept adding more streets every couple of weeks and it felt so good. I can't wait to add the next street....it gives me something to work toward! Little goals! LOL Geeeesh...isn't that the whole idea of weight loss....little baby steps!! It kinda just clicked as I was typing that! LOL

Well I took Andrew to the store with me so he wouldn't be in the way of his dad putting the shingles on the shed. We got his Bumble Bee costume for $7.99. I almost bought the exact same costume in the grocery store a couple of weeks ago for $14.99 but decided to wait to see if I found something else I like better! He doesn't have a say in what he wants to be for Halloween yet...being that he isn't talking yet and doesn't understand the whole concept....so I get the fun of picking out the costume...I think next year I will probably have to let him decide for himself!
Anyways....while I was in Big Lots getting the costume of course I had to shop around...well let me tell you...I am going to start doing my grocery shopping in there for canned goods and dry goods. Those prices are sooooo low! Spices for .48, black olives for .79, hormel kids microwave cups .79. I could go on and on. BUT the most valuable thing I found in there was a LOW CARB PASTA....yup! .79 lb. Its made in Italy and it is only 160 calories for 2 oz dry AND 7 grams of FIBER and 1.5 grams of fat! That makes it only 2 points per serving instead of 4 points like regular pasta!! So if you have a big lots store near you! Do I sound like a commercial? I am going back to get more on friday if I like it enough....I'll let you know. Maybe I will cook some up tonight with dinner! I got a really really good deal on Healthy Choice dinners for 40-50% off plus I had coupons! I got them for around $1.00 each or $1.25 each. I usually will have one of those for dinner when John works late or I forget to take something out of the freezer! Sometimes I have one for lunch too with a piece of fruit!

Ok enough of me for now! I have to get this room cleaned up and then the rest of the house. THe cable guy is coming over to install the internet stuff for me tomorrow afternoon. I have to clean off this desk! When I get my new email address I will let you all know that too....though I will still have msn until November since its still free. My year is up sometime in November!

OK....I need more of you to come out here now!

TTFN Michelle
Old 09-29-2002, 02:22 PM   #4  

Default Hi all!

Postings CAN be scarce on the weekends, eh? For me, I'm home most weekdays and until my piano students come, I'm on here ALL the time! The weekends are busier; my hubby is home and there are errands and friends... busy, busy, busy.

All is well on the diet front! I've been holding steady at 73 pounds lost for the last few days and probably will be for the next week or so as TOM is lurking RIGHT around the corner.

LUCKY... Mmmm.... SALMON! I usually buy two fresh fillets or steaks (occasionally frozen fillets). I put about 2 tbls of lite becel margarine in the microwave, melt it, add an equal part of lemon in to the dish. I also add spices to the mixture: oregano, basil, garlic, pepper, salt, etc. and pour it over the salmon. I bake the salmon at 390 in a shallow pan (lined with aluminum foil) for a 1/2 hour making sure to coat the bottom of the salmon with the mixture too so that it doesn't stick. (Partially frozen fish, I would cook for at least 45 minutes). It's YUMMY! I've also grilled salmon steaks (coated in the same mixture) with my George Foreman Clone Grill! That's good too! I think that it was BAYLEE that once suggested a sauce of lite/fat free sour cream, horseradish sauce, and pepper, and, once and a while, we use a little of that for a change (usually with the frozen fish).

MICHELLE... No, I haven't received that package yet but am REALLY looking forward to it some day early this week! Yah! You're so great! Your little tyke will look adorable in his bumblebee costume, I'm sure! Yikes... I just thought about Halloween candy! I dunno... I might "pretend I'm not home" this halloween! I TOTALLY love passing out candy to the kids; I usually get dressed up too and play scary music out of our window BUT... I dunno if I can resist all that candy in our house. I CONSIDERED buying it right before we need it and keeping it in the trunk of the car until the last minute and then putting it back right after and letting my hubby take it work and let his co-workers go wild.... we'll see!

SHELLS... You still there? I think that you are usually home during weekdays too. Do you get busy on the weekends too? I just don't want to lose you! You have to stick with us and we'll definitely help you see results!

KAT... Good for you on the exercise! I think you're doing awesome! You're right... steady exercise is a HUGE part of losing and maintaining your weight. I've been taking a break from jogging for the last couple of days (on purpose) but will probably get back out there tonight or tomorrow! I HAVE been doing a lot of sit ups and weight training on my arms in the last few days to combat...yikes... saggy skin! I'm gonna go do that shortly!

I'm gonna take off for a bit but will be back shortly!

Sara
Old 09-29-2002, 04:20 PM   #5  
a work in progress...

Default I'm procrastinating!

I don't want to cut the grass!! Please don't make me do it!

I did get everyone else to pick up the dog poop, rake and pick up the sticks, so I could just zip out there and mow...BUT I DON'T WANT TO!

Fresh air, exercise, beautiful day, neighbor's lawn looks nicer...I'm psyching myself up...

okay...here i go...
Old 09-29-2002, 06:20 PM   #6  
a work in progress...

Done!

Well...the front yard is anyway.
Old 09-29-2002, 06:34 PM   #7  

Question Hi all!

I'm just posting to say...

WHERE ARE ALL YOU LOVELY CREATURES?! Kat, Michelle and I can't do this on our own! This must be how Michelle felt yesterday!

Okay, well, I'm going to pick up a few groceries and when I come back, there had better be some more posts here... or else! Mary, Malia, Steph, J-Ann, 2Cute, Lucky, Duckie, Thin, Shell, Mel, Tina, and everybody else... come on out and play!

Sara
Old 09-29-2002, 06:53 PM   #8  

I posted twice today, thank you very much!!! I know how you feel because when I come in and no one has been here I feel sad ....

I dragged out some of my stamping stuff and was looking through it. We brought Dad out for the afternoon, until 5PM. I then did dishes, got ready for tomorrow and checking in on my favorite chicks! :

The Vikings play tonight at 7PM so I will be absent from here after that. For those of you NOT from Minnesota that is our football team. They are note doing as good as the Twins (our baseball team) but one can always hope!

It is suppose to be 80 here tomorrow...I could feel it warming up while I was outside with Dad. I will get those Tulips in yet!!!

I am stepping out on a limb here...this week I vow to journal and exercise. What do you think, can I do it? Pray for me!

Thin... I need your sympathy...when I washed clothes today one of my favorite bra's got all tangled up on the "turner" thing....I wanted to . A good bra is hard to come by!!!

So, my food is planned, my clothes are ready....Monday here I come!!!!
Old 09-29-2002, 07:10 PM   #9  
I'm on my way!

Wow...I didn't get depressed...I love to see posts here each time I come back!

I cleaned off this desk so now its a joy to sit here again! I can start doing my homework here! I just need to clean off Andrew's dresser from the clothes I piled up there! THen pick up a few toys and his room will be presentable for the cable guy tomorrow!
I also cleaned up the kitchen. I will clean the toys up in the living room tomorrow when we get home...it would be a lost cause to do it now! I even did a couple loads of laundry today and clipped my coupons and cleaned out my organizer!! I'm exhausted! I just need to give the boy a bath and get in the shower and get our clothes ready for the morning then I can go to bed!

OK TINA where are you? I have another little food idea/recipe thingy! I got a roll of those pillsbury croissants...the reduced fat ones...and I sliced up little pieces of apple thinly and put them on the croissant and drizzled just a speck of honey and sprinkled it with cinnamon and rolled them up and baked them like the package says as if you were just making the croissant. THey come out soooo good! And...only 2 pts each! 2 or 3 of those with a cup of tea or coffee makes a nifty quick breakfast! I am taking two to work with me to have with my coffee in the morning. I had to put them away now so John wouldn't eat them all...I saved one for Andrew and he ate the rest! Thats how good they were and very low fat. I think a tablespoon of honey for the whole package of 8 was all I used. So one point divided into 8 equals 0 in my eyes. I think I used about 1/8 of an apple total and the cinnamon is zero too! Its just for the croissant and the reduced fat ones are only 2 pts each!!

Ok I am outta here for now! I will be back either in the morning early or after work tomorrow! So.....the rest of you chicks better get your hiney's out here and POST!!

TTFN Michelle
Old 09-29-2002, 07:12 PM   #10  
I'm on my way!

Oh one more thing! I bought a package of those little babybel cheeses from Laughing Cow. They have the light ones that are only 1 pt each! Yes...1 point! And they are a decent size for the 1 point! I had a 2 pt hummus sandwich, 2 of those cheeses and 2 glasses of water for a 4 point lunch today! I was full!

Ok now I'm outta here...just had to share those ideas! See this changing our eating is getting pretty easy!

TTFN Michelle
Old 09-29-2002, 07:17 PM   #11  
I'm on my way!

I know I know...I'm that bad penny! After this I will be gone!! LOL

Salmon...we had salmon fillets tonight for dinner...I love salmon! Anyways....our store sells salmon portions that are like 5 or 6 oz each. I got two of them and put them in a shallow baking dish and drizzled them with lemon juice from the bottle, then sprinkled dry dill weed over the top and then put some margerine on them and baked them in the oven at 425* for 15 minutes. They were sooo good!

TT
Old 09-29-2002, 08:14 PM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

I'm here
Old 09-30-2002, 12:31 AM   #13  
Dancing those pounds away

HI guys.... I made it home again.

We had a nice weekend. My parents celebrated their 62 wedding anniversary. The whole family got together. It went pretty well ... except .... My sister made a scrap book of all of our family reunions over the past 20 years. I had to look at pages after pages of FAT photos of me. It was NOT a pretty sight. LOL

Well... it did do one good thing for me. It made me come home and throw away all junk food, ice cream, pop, you name it... it is GONE !!!! I will have no choice but to start anew tomorrow. There is nothing left in this house bad to eat.
I even got rid of the diet pop. I will have no choice but to drink WATER.

Then I come back here and read about all this exercising going on... so that means... I have to exercise now too.

I have tons of laundry to do so I can not stay. Just wanted to peek in and tell you I am back not only from Missouri... but also back on program.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:01 AM   #14  

Angry Hello my lovelies!

Well... I guess I'll refrain from busting any chops; people posted! All that talk about salmon today FORCED me to go out and buy a fresh fillet for my supper. Mmmm... yummy. I could eat salmon for half my meals and be perfectly happy!

2Cute... Yah! No more fatty, junky, unhealthy food in your house! That's sometimes what it takes; get those foods outta sight AND reach. Hey! I think you were outta town when this was discussed so I thought I'd do a quick synopsis for you... WE'RE HAVING A CHRISTMAS CARD EXCHANGE! Anyone who wants to be involved is to PM me with their mailing address. In November, I'll PM everybody on the list with each other's addresses so we can have a holly, jolly time receiving cards this year! There's 7 names on the list so far!

Lucky... You DID post twice yesterday--my bad! I KNEW you had posted because you asked me about salmon and I replied to you but that slipped my doo-doo mind! It's awesome that you're gonna journal and exercise this week! Your persistence WILL pay off!

Baylee... That's not a bad idea giving out little toys for halloween instead of candy. I'm gonna keep my eyes open for anything that would be appropriate! I checked out your journal; it's awesome! Good for you for being so diligent! Are the journals a new standard feature here? I'm asking because the "sticky" that Suzanne posted said something about a month long availability. Does anyone know what that means?

Mary... Hee, hee. Thanks for posting! Did I scare you into it by saying that somebody better post... OR ELSE?

Michelle... It was your continued chatter about salmon that did me in and I HAD to have some for supper! You also mentioned hummus and now I'm craving that! Maybe if you mentioned celery and cucumbers I'd only want to eat them! Do me a favor and give it a try!

Okay all... I should probably CONSIDER going to bed! See ya'll here tomorrow (er... later today!).

TTFN
Sara
Old 09-30-2002, 01:29 AM   #15  

Default Hi Baylee!

Umm... I just checked out the "sticky" again. I think the dates after the title "Journals now available" threw me off. I THINK from what I understand now, it's a new permanent feature! Sorry... didn't mean to spook you... I was just looking for a bit of clarification! Don't abandon your journal... IT'S WONDERFUL!

Sara
Closed Thread