Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 07:14 AM   #1  

Default Thursday!

I guess I am the first one in this morning!

I start vacation tomorrow....WOOHOO!

I left an experiment running overnight and the instrument failed. It was a 12 hour run! So...now I can not decided if I want to start it now and be here for 12 more hours or show someone else how to do it, so they can run it overnight tonight. I can call in tomorrow and find out the results. This experiment HAS to be done before I can start a big project that is scheduled for the day I get back from vacation. Why do things always go wrong on the day you want to wrap things up and get out????

I usually weigh in on Saturday mornings, but I am going in tomorrow on my way out of town to visit my parents/10 year high school reunion. I have never been to a Friday meeting and I know the leader is different than the Saturday one. I am anxious to see how I like her. I bet it is a smaller group than my Saturday bunch...there must be 30 or so of us in the first Saturday morning session. There is another session an hour or so after ours.

Have a great on plan day all! Drink that water and watch those points!
Old 09-19-2002, 08:08 AM   #2  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Good morning!
It's good to post here. I've been so hectic @ work that I've had no time to respond, but I've been skimming through the treads these past few days.

Friday I am outta here, too! Nothing drastic, but a camping trip that was canceled & rescheduled. It will be chilly, but so worth it to relax.

Enjoy your vacation Marcie! I know just what you mean about luck, or the lack thereof, my life usual works in the same manner. Whatever can go wrong will go wrong no matter how hard I try and I've just come to accept it.

Not doing SOOOOO great OP, but I'm hanging in there. I am going to a WW meeting tomorrow AM before I head out of town.

I've been getting walks in during the day - today I'm going to try to get a good 8 miles in.

The 3Day is only 3 weeks away now!

I've decided to join the GLIRC - which is a running club on LI to help motivate me to run again. Maybe I can find someone to run w/ local in the mornings or after work or something.

I've got to get us out of the door.

Hello to ALL!!!

Talk to you later!
Old 09-19-2002, 08:43 AM   #3  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Good morning Marcie... sorry about the test. What do you do? Fun, your 10 year high school reunion... are you looking forward to it?

Deb - hiya! I guess everyone's leaving me tomorrow! I know you deserve it! Way to go on joining the running club. That sounds great.

As for me... I'm feeling good. I've been OP for 4 days straight, which is my longest run in a couple months. I feel good also because I'm back down to 136.0 after retaining all that water from starting the pill.

I just emptied out my entire closet... no lie. Last night I went through and pulled out all my Lane Bryant clothes... I'm going to sell them because I need money to buy new clothes. It really was actually very sad. I loved most of these clothes... they were so cute....I guess I'm just sad getting rid of them.

Then I think... what if I need them again? I had all these cute clothes and got rid of them. But then I think that keeping them around just means I am expecting to fail and gain the weight back. Like having size 12's and 14's in the closet will make it easier to not realize I'm gaining weight... I can just pull out the next size up. So i think I've decided to get rid of them... but really for some reason, I'm really sad about it.

Lisa
Old 09-19-2002, 08:50 AM   #4  

Hi everyone-just a quick post-I have been lurking-I go to my new meeting today...I just want to say-
Jen-L-CONGRATULATIONS! I was laughing as I read your post yesterday about not being able to hear the baby until october...you usually can't hear it until about ten weeks(sometimes nine of you're like a size zero!) but one of my partners is pregnant and we have been listening to her baby every day just for fun! (And we started trying at about nine weeks!) the perks of the job-she even took a doppler home with her to listen over the weekend-I know I'll be like that too!)

Lisa-I did the same thing-cleaned out my closet-but I kept one pari of jeans from my biggest stage as a reminder..and I left some "fat" clothes at my moms to save for pregnancy-but I got them out of my closet so i wouldn't be reminded-it was hard, but buying the new stuff was more fun!
hi to everyone else!
Belle-welcome back-your trip sounds awesome!
Lori
Old 09-19-2002, 09:09 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI all... Cold and dreary here in Wisconsin. Yuck. Not much new with me tho, still tired and hanging in there.

Lori, I know they can't hear the heartbeat until about 10 weeks, I just can't wait to hear it. It's a reassurance that everything is OK. I was the same way when PG with Emma. OK, maybe more so since she was my first.

Marcie and Deb.... have fun on vacation. Since I just got back, I have lots to do around home. And the house is so messy with construction guys walking in and out. But now they won't be done till Monday, so it will be messy for a little longer. Then we have to have carpet installed... so messy even longer.

I suppose I should find some work to do, even if I don't want to!!!
Old 09-19-2002, 09:13 AM   #6  

Lisa-
I am a biochemist...I make drugs! I am really looking forward to my reunion. I have not kept in touch with many friends from high school so it will be good to see them.

I have gotten rid of the clothes that are too big as I have dropped sizes. So far I have gone from a 26 to a 20. I bagged up two garbage bags of clothes (size 22s and a few 24s) last weekend to take to the clothes pantry at my grandmothers church this weekend. My mom will go through them first to see if she wants anything. She is losing also...but about a size behind me, so it works out nice.

I have never had so few clothes as I do right now, but I dont want to spend a lot of money on clothes I will only wear for a few months. I have also tried to hit good sales to get the things I have now...like the $18 black dress I got at Famous Barr for my reunion.

Lisa---hopefully you will never need them...so get rid of them!! It will be motivation to stay on plan and at goal. Noone ever wants to buy a size bigger!
Old 09-19-2002, 09:27 AM   #7  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, everyone!

OK, I'm not sure what my problem is lately. I just cannot say no to food. Yeah, I'm getting close to TOM, but that's usually cravings for specific things. This is different than that, but maybe it'll get better after TOM. Man, I sure hope it does!

I think another big part of my problem is that I'm starting to get bored with what I'm eating. If you guys have any suggestions for things to liven up my cuisine (think simple and for one or two people). Maybe I need to do a little recipe browsing today. I should probably be getting some work done, but this is more important than staying employed.

Marcie--What a pain in the behind about that test! If I were you, I'd definitely delegate and assign it to someone else. Of course, I shouldn't say that because I hate giving my work to other people because I'm really persnickety (isn't that a fun word?) about how my documents look like and even though I don't doubt other people's competency, I just worry that it's not going to be right. But, we're talking about vacation here! Good luck at WI! I'm sure it will be wonderful! And have a spectacular vacation!

Deb--That's really great that you joined the GLIRC, especially if you think it will help you to get back into running. Have a good time camping (I'm absolutely green with envy--I haven't camped a single time this summer). You'll have to come back and fill me in on the details, since I wanted to do it but got scared.

Lisa--I'm going to do the same thing you did (if I ever get it back together and make goal). Under NO conditions should you think that you're making a mistake by not keeping your "fat" clothes. It gives you an excuse to gain the weight back and think "Well, at least I'll still have stuff to wear." I know the clothes are cute, but just think of how cute the skinny clothes are--the hooker shirt, other little clothes that you didn't feel comfortable in when you were heavier. Don't be sad at all, you've accomplished SO much! I know when I reach goal I'm going to get rid of everything. I don't want to remember being heavy and run the risk of getting heavy again. Get rid of them and think how far you've come!!!! Whoopee!!

Lori--Howdy! Glad to see you!

OK, I'm going to go browse recipes--wait, I mean, I'm going to go work.
Old 09-19-2002, 09:29 AM   #8  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Hi Jen! We must have been posting at the same time! Hang in there, you can clean before you know it!
Old 09-19-2002, 09:50 AM   #9  

Hi guys!

I am here, just lurking lately though, not much to say.

Jen ~ CONGRATS!! I am so happy for you!

A big hi to everyone else, I will try to get back this afternoon to post properly.

I have got to go price some appliances online, anyone know if I can find out consumer reports info online?

Later Gators....
Old 09-19-2002, 09:58 AM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Tonya, my hubby belongs to consumer reports on-line. I am not sure if it is free or not. I think it might be tho since he doesn't get the magazine. Check it out.

Jess, what kind of foods do you like. Any meats you prefer more than others. I can search recipes for you too! I know you like the crockpot. Check out some of those recipes. You can always freeze individual portion sizes too for later. I am starting to do that for lunches. I have a food saver tho, so it makes freezing easy.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:13 AM   #11  

Jen-where are the crock pot recipes again? I just got one and want to start using it...
Old 09-19-2002, 10:25 AM   #12  
Cockeyed Optimist

Default True Confessions of a Diet Coke Junkie

Alright ladies - this is going to sound so stupid if I "say" it outloud. I'm pretty much a diet coke addict. I can drink the stuff all day long. But, I've been trying to restrict my intake to 1 a day (unless it is to avoid booze in the bars) so that I think of it as a treat (rather than skinny cows) that I get to have each evening (drink H2O all day at work). Today though, I'm jonesing for a diet coke. I REALLY want one, yet here I sit grumping to myself about having to drink water. I mean come on, it's a caffiene free diet coke - having one in the middle of the work day is not the end of the world - and yet I've got it in my mind that it is "against the rules". So, do any of you have stupid food rules that you make your self stick to or am I just psychotic?

Marcie - sorry about your experiment. That sucks.

Deb - have fun camping.

Lisa - GET RID OF THE CLOTHES! I've made the mistake of keeping bigger sizes before - too easy to grow back into them - this time I get rid of everything. Are you really sad because they're cute? Cuz you can buy cute clothes. Or are you sad because you had a lot of fun whenever you were out and about wearing those clothes? Remember, you keep the memories even if you get rid of the clothes.

JenL - I'll trade you weather. It's sunny and 80 degrees here in Indy. I'm from the U.P. and keep thinking that in September it's supposed to start getting cold and dreary and I miss that.

Jess - I've been getting bored too with my food. Have you tried rearranging when you eat items. Have breakfast for supper? Or maybe go to the store and get a really expensive fruit that you've never tried? I've also browsed at DWLZ to get food ideas - tried Baker's Breakfast Cookies - really good and filling for a 4pt b-fast.

Gotta work.

Laura
Old 09-19-2002, 10:36 AM   #13  

We made a recipe off of DWLZ a couple weeks ago that was really good. It was for "fried chicken". It is really chicken breasts breaded in crushed corn flakes and baked. It had a few other ingredients like milk, spices and such. It was REALLY good. Crispy even. I will see if I can find it and post it. Maybe we should start a new recipe thread! I would love to have a few non crockpot recipes.
Old 09-19-2002, 11:23 AM   #14  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone - I'm tired today because I didn't sleep last night so hopefully I will have some work to do today to keep me busy.
I have a small clothing victory to share. I went shopping the day after I left BF with some friends at Costco (big warehouse store with everything in mass quantities) and bought a DVD player but I wanted to spend $200 on me so I found a pair of pants that were really nice - Dockers - I dug through the pile of clothes looking for a 16 - they had everything but - 18s - 14s - 6s... so I bought the 14 and figured I can use them as "goal" pants and took them home and tried them on - THEY FIT!! General point of the story - I am getting rid of my 18s because I do not want to be tempted back into them. It sounds so nice to be a 14 and not a 22 anymore.

Marcie - Sucks about the expirement - did you start it again/

deb - have a nice camping trip

Lisa - when I visited my sister in VA she took me to Lane Bryant, I loved the clothes! But you can find clothes just as cute that you'll love just as much. And you can probably get some good money for some of those outfits.

Lori - When can you hear the heartbeat with a plain old stethoscope? My friend is dying to hear her 8 week gestation baby and her midwife told her not until 13 weeks.

Hi Jen, jess, Tonya, Laura - time to get back to work so I can't keep posting - maybe I'll have a minute later.

KT
Old 09-19-2002, 11:26 AM   #15  
Bono Fanatic!

Laura - I didn't know you were from the UP. Where? One of my best friends is from Marenesco (?). I am with you, though - it should be starting to get cooler by now. The high is 83 here today and it is really muggy. I am so ready for this weather to leave!

Hi to everyone else! Off to a meeting; will try to post more later.
Closed Thread