Old 05-13-2010, 01:16 PM   #1  
I'm doing it!

S/C/G: 186/186/135

Height: 5'6''

Unhappy No Motivation

I have the day off work and I had all these grand ideas of taking a long walk. So far today, I've only gotten out of the bed to eat breakfast and lunch. I'm just enjoying being lazy and watching trash daytime tv. I know I should get up and walk. I even got up and put on workout clothes, but then I crawled back in bed. It's such a hot day outside and it feels so nice in my air conditioning. I need some motivation. Anyone have some inspiring word for me?
My Body in Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Sure. Get up and throw yourself out of the house!

You've already identified the issue, now do something about it! And I can guarantee you'll feel a lot better about it then watching trash tv.

Even if you take it slow... don't feel like it's exercise, just go and take a walk and admire nature. That's my ideal meditation time right there.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:42 PM   #3  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by preppingbride View Post

Even if you take it slow... don't feel like it's exercise, just go and take a walk and admire nature. That's my ideal meditation time right there.
I like it. If its so hot outside, why not go walk around the mall, or something indoors and big? You're burning more calories than if you were just laying in bed and you won't be dying of heat exhaustion. Are there public gardens near you? When I don't feel like doing "exercise" I like to go for a hike or the gardens or something. I trick myself into doing work
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:54 PM   #4  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Sure it's better to get up an exercise...but you don't necessarily HAVE to. I have a couple lazy days a week...usually Sunday. I lay around and watch TV. I make sure to eat healthily, but I usually don't exercise at all...and I'm still losing. It won't kill you or your progress unless it becomes a habit.

Lol, that wasn't very motivational, but I just want you to know it is OK to have a lazy day! We all need one every now and then!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #5  
I'm doing it!

Ok, I think I'm going to start getting bed sores if I don't stop lying around watching TV. I'm going for a stroll now.

Thanks for the support everyone. 3FC is just amazing! I wish we all lived in the same neighborhood!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #6  
wanting prepreggo clothes

S/C/G: 161/161/119

Height: 4'11"

This is what I have heard as a good way to help get you moving. Get up and just do 5 mins of something.. even if it is slow. If after 5 mins you still feel lazy and don't want to keep going then by all means quit and go be lazy. Most likely though, if you get started you will keep going. Just my little tid bit.
watkinskris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #7  
I'm doing it!

That's a great idea! Thanks Watkinskris!