Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #1  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

Default Is anyone a personal trainer? Or know about the business?

Hey chickies, I am getting closer to my goal...and as I am getting closer I keep hearing a voice: Become a personal trainer, become a personal trainer...Get the picture? Actually, this is a fairly new thought, and I am clueless about the costs and the process. Also does anyone know if your certification is only valid in the state where you obtain it? (because I will be switching states). I think this will be a good means of fulfillment for me, and a reliable / flexible source of income for me while I'm in college (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Can anyone shed a little light on the ins and outs of being and becoming a personal trainer? Thanks ~Sara
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Height: 5'3"

Depends on the association you want to go through to get your certification what the cost will be. It can be between $370 to prob $500 to get the certification and you can do it all from home but they also do have places that have some onsite classes or final exams. If you do it all from home they send you all sorts of books and information and you have to do quizes and a final exam and send it back within 6 months. You also need to get yourself cpr certified. You can look online for places to get your personal training certification online just make sure whatever place you go with is accredited...it will say on the website if it is.
Good Luck with whatever it is that you do.
PlatinumGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Maybe you could ask your question in the Weight and Resistance training section of this forum, there are some gals there who are certified in the States... I'm a PT but in Canada... I have the Can Fit Pro cert, which is extremely basic and I can train people that are basically fairly healthy.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #4  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

Thanks guys, I am going to start looking into it..I think I'd rather do it in a class than online!
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote