Old 04-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/237/170

Height: 5'8"

Default So Amazed!!

I just started calorie counting and I am so amazed. I have eaten more today than usual and feel full with no unbearable cravings and I am only at 600. I ate breakfast and had a snack (carrots) ate lunch and then another snack (popcorn). Plus water water water!! I cannot believe it...I feel good and I don't feel like I'm starving (which is how I usually feel at this time).......I used to eat bfast, lunch, feel bad for any snack and drank maybe one cup of tea for the whole work day. Some of you may be laughing at me (I am laughing at myself), but I am just so encouraged and thrilled right now. I am looking forward to finding more recipes to change things up from day to day. I just feel so empowered because I know how many cals I can have in the day and I can divide things up and I know how many I have left.....and I can add in a treat a couple times a week if I want and not feel horrible about it!! yay!!
abreezies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:23 PM   #2  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

I was the same way at first.. it really is a lot of food if you choose the right things. I went through some headache withdraws when I first started, giving up the cokes. But it was worth it! I hate feeling hungry, but if you divide things out right during the day it won't happen. So I'm not laughing at you.. it is exciting!

I did LA weight loss before and just couldn't do it again. This way too I actually know the nutrients I am eating.. I use an online counter.

There is a section on here under CC that has a lot of great recipes. I recommend the cheesy chicken enchiladas!
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:13 PM   #3  
Cute and Chubby

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good for you! It's so nice when it doesn't have to be hard. I love it, too. I never feel deprived and I can go (pretty much) anywhere and eat. Have fun with it and good luck losing.
MikoMarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

I think this is the best thing about being a CC. There are so many things you can eat and you stay full if you make the right choices. Stay encouraged, and you'll see the weight falling off.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #5  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I'm glad it's going so well for you! For me CC was a great way to tackle my weight and it transitions really well into maintenance.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:06 PM   #6  

I am so glad to hear that you all are feeling/have felt this way. It's just exciting because I always seem to be starving on "diets" and if I can keep this up it won't really be like I am always dieting.....I really think that I could live this way....not just do it for a little while and then get sick of it and stop! Thank you for your support!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

I can't agree more, i just started to do this, i was doing LA weight loss i felt hungry would crave things all the time.. But with this i can feel like im eating the right amounts and i get more protein!!! and not so many carbs. I think a person really can do it this way because you can change the foods in your calorie counter to what you have in your home.. and you know what your eating and why..
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:42 PM   #8  
Transforming through God

Good for you!! Yes, calorie counting is awesome!

I treat calories like currency, and discovered that I want to 'spend' my calories on foods that would fill me up (like I can eat a ton of carrots with portioned dip for 150 calories rather than say, a snack bar for the same, but more empty, calories).

I find that I feel very satisfied that way -- congrats to you
MyBestYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 235/235/135

Height: 5'4

I was the same way, with the right food you can eat alot!!!
tl0127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: (HW 247) 241/215/199

Height: 5'- 4 1/2"

I agree, I was just looking over my FitDay for today and I ate ALOT and still stayed way within my calorie budget (1535 for the day). The kids and I played outside all afternoon and when I came in I wasn't starving. I had to work to get over 1500 (I added in almonds and ff/sf jello pudding). I usually try to end up between 1400-1550 cals each day. I've been exercising extra hard this week so I'm aiming for the higher end of my calorie goal.

I love CC, it is totally working and for the first time in my life it's not "hard!" After about a month of trying to lose weight, I'm usually whining to my husband, "this is sooooo hard!"
susieyarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:10 AM   #11  

Thank you everyone for your input, it is so great to have people to talk to that know exactly what I am going through. MyBestYear- I like the idea of thinking about my calories as money!! I only have so much and what do I really want to spend them on....lol.....Great Idea!!