Old 04-01-2010, 01:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/160

Height: 5'4"

Smile Back Again

Hi all - I am back again after a couple year absense - I reregistered because I have no idea where my original went to! I originally lost over 100 lbs on Atkins - and then with a stressful couple years, went off the program. I knew better and thanks to a sedentary bout, I gained back quite a bit of weight. The doctor warned me a week ago I have got to lose weight or face bigger issues - I have a slightly elevated glucose level.
Soooo the advice was to go back on Atkins and stay there. Not something I didn't know but my husband was there and he took what the doctor said to heart - he's behind me 100% this time (last time he worried I wasn't eating enough or something).
Anyway it's now been a full first week of induction -- and.... drumroll please ... I have lost 11 pounds already!!!!!
I have to say thanks to all of you because I came here the first night and I have been avidly reading since - thanks for the general advice and all the hints - it's working again!!!!
BJDC
BJDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:20 AM   #2  
Re-newbie

S/C/G: 161/139/128

Congratulations! 11 pounds is amazing! It took me almost two months to lose that much, but I was still happy it came off. It must feel amazing to see big results quickly like that. And there is so much more to look forward to.
firefly68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Great job!
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:41 PM   #4  

Thanks - the first couple days were a little rough to get in the hang of carb counting again - but I've got it now - and I already made some of the great recipes suggested by everyone - have to say I love those tuna muffins - and so did my hubby!
Old 04-03-2010, 06:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5'7"

Congrats! That is awesome! Keep up the goodwork!
fatBgone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #6  

Default Thanks

Thanks - I am still working on the menus. I am definately happy I like chicken because that seems to be my main stay at the moment! Tonight I also had lightly sauteed mushrooms and onion. My biggest problem is still trying to find enough calories to eat in all this! With what I have been eating I have found myself full - and one of my downfalls is learning to eat only when hungry. SO now I have the opposite problem - I am forcing myself to eat even if I am not hungry in order to find calories!
Old 04-08-2010, 02:49 AM   #7  

Okay I weighed in at 15 lbs. loss today! Down from 240 to 225 -- I even made the rest of the family weigh themselves to be sure I was right! LOL! I wasn't sure it was even noticeable yet but the measurements are showing about 1 inch less in each area! I downloaded FitDay and am being religious about the food journal and carb counts. And I have started exercising - slowly and building up some each day! Overall I am am still working at not eating too few calories -- and I think I am going to cut back on the cheese amounts - I have not gone over 3 ozs. but suspect I could easily if I do not pay attention. Best part is just how supportive my hubby is being. Now if I could just convince him to also try it!