Old 03-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/216/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Vegetarian Meat Restrictions

I'm on the vegetarian meta slim - three meal plan, which is my last one until my goal weight. There are definitely a lot more options on this menu, which is nice, but I'm confused on my 'mock' meat options. I have 3 protein groups and 'group 2' options can only be used a max of twice a wk. In this group there are several nuts, which makes sense to limit, because of the high fat, but it also includes several veggie meatballs, chk'n patties, soy burgers, etc. Protien group 3, which I can eat in unlimited amounts, has veggie deli meat, ground round, and veggie dogs...

Not all veggie dogs and balls are alike. I spent a lot of time finding the healthiest "meats" with the lowest carbs/fats and the highest proteins. Now I see that they are in the more restricted group, even though they might actually be better than a ground round. I wish they would just say that "meat" with carbs/fat over __ grams are in the restricted group and the non-restricted group would ideally have ___ grams of protien/fat/carbs.

Are there any vegetarians going through this plan right now? Have any of you spoken with your center to get clearer guidelines for the ideal gram levels of p/f/c in each item? I'm going to ask my center about it this week, but I figured that I can't be the only one trying to straighten this all out.
diet gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:08 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by diet gal View Post
I'm on the vegetarian meta slim - three meal plan, which is my last one until my goal weight. There are definitely a lot more options on this menu, which is nice, but I'm confused on my 'mock' meat options. Are there any vegetarians going through this plan right now? Have any of you spoken with your center to get clearer guidelines for the ideal gram levels of p/f/c in each item? I'm going to ask my center about it this week, but I figured that I can't be the only one trying to straighten this all out.
Go to the MRC maintainers and look for Namaste (Denise) .... she lost over 100# on the vegetarian plan and always had a lot of great ideas.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote