Old 03-07-2010, 01:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/135/130

Height: 5'2"

Default We owe ourselves and our children...

Jamie Oliver was awarded the Ted award this year. We need to fuel this revolution for ourselves, our children and their children. It's hard to believe that we aren't teaching our children to cook anymore.

I almost cried when the children in the classroom couldn't identify common vegetables...why is this acceptable!?!

http://blog.ted.com/2010/02/teach_every_chi.php
katwmn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Thank you for posting this katwmn1, a great talk to watch regularly. It really is unacceptable how little our children know about real food.

I hope a lot of moms on the MRC diet are able to use their program as an opportunity to teach their children about the importance of vegetables, whole foods, and low processing.

Last edited by GoalAug2010; 03-07-2010 at 01:45 PM.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #3  

Me too. It's really sad to think there are THREE generations out there that don't know how to cook basic, healthy meals.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #4  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Yes, I will have to chime in. Isn't it just so incredible when we simply eat no processed foods, cut out salt, sugar, carbs, add more protein, and just get back to THE BASICS, how our our bodies respond by getting smaller. I am still just amazed. So glad I found MRC!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #5  

I hear so many women on these boards say that their families won't eat what they are eating for their "diet".

I don't know about you, but I do almost ALL of the grocery shopping for the family, so the family eats what I eat. If they don't like it, they can do their own shopping with their own money. I don't buy any processed foods any more. If hubby wants chips and beer (well, he brews his own) he has to go get them himself. If the son wants something (he is currently unemployed) then he has to get it himself.

We really do hold all the cards when it comes to our families healthy diet - play them!!!