Old 03-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #1  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Default OY- Boy question!

*Great big, heaving sigh* Okay... so this is about a boy. Usually, I am pretty confident around them but this boy has me a bit stymied. We'll call him David. Because that's his name.
I met Dave about a month ago and he's wicked nice and really smart and also, not that it matters... crazy hot, lol. He's my type: Tall, thin and dorky. We seem to hit it off right away, we hung out a few times and did little stuff like go to the mall or walk around a store and that was cool. Conversation is easy and fun and we have a lot in common.
Sounds great right? Here's the thing... It's always (and I mean ALWAYS) me that that initiates the hang-outs. I'm always the one to say "So what are you doing Friday?" or "You busy after work?" Even if I try and wait it out, we talk at work and then he never plans anything. Am I being a crazy stalker and should realize he's not into me? Or is this a cue that he's WAY too passive for me and expects me to plan everything? Should I just stop planning things and see if he steps up? Maybe he's on the friend track and I'm too dense? No idea, ladies (and gents,) so any help you have would be great!

Last edited by Thousandsunny; 03-06-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/132/110

Height: 5'3

I would stop contacting him so much and see what happens. That's the only way you'll be able to know for sure.
SeventeenTheStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

There's obviously some interest on his part. If he didn't like you, he wouldn't be hanging out with you. Maybe ease up on the planning a bit and see what happens. But I can say that after 3.5 years I do 75% of the contacting and planning in my relationship. It gets a little frustrating, but that's just the way it is. It just doesn't occur to my bf to see what's happening or to give me a call and see how my day was. He's a little socially inept on that part. But when we do get together we have fun. So your boy might kinda be like my guy in that regards.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #4  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

I would wait it out and see what happens. If he initiates, then you know he's into you. If not, he may just see you as friends. Though he may be shy. This is tricky. I'd ask a mutual friend their opinion because this can really vary on a case by case basis, given certain boys' personalities.
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/242/120

Height: 5'3"

Well, you could do something really wild and ask him. Say, "I like you and I like spending time with you, but I'm starting to feel like a crazy stalker."

It's hard to say, but isn't it better to know for sure?
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #6  
Sailing the Grand Line!

Thanks for the advice! Actually, I have said "Haha, I feel like I crazy stalker asking you so much" etc, and he just laughs. I think I'll just wait it out and see if he takes up the torch. If not, he may be too passive for someone like me, lol. Thanks guys!
Old 03-06-2010, 01:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/153/130

Height: 5'4"

It could be either reason. I agree that you should stop contacting him for a little while and see what he does. If he doesn't try to contact you, then maybe he's not a guy you want for your bf!
canadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #8  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Maybe try saying you want to hand out but dont know what to do, ask if there is anything he wants to do? Then the ball is in his court. He could just be someone who is too shy at first to try and suggest things when he is just getting to know you, so i say give him some time and a few opportunities and see what happens
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/205/150

Height: 5'6

When you try to make plans, does he usually say yes? If so, he's probably interested. If he claims he has other things to do, then he may not be. Guys are just as weird as us girls. There are a lot of passive guys out there. I think they are a good catch
lizzybeth81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:21 PM   #10  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

I'd just ask straight up what I wanted to know!

"I've noticed I always seem to be the one to plan things...do you feel like it is overbearing or are you more comfortable when others do the planning?

And how do you feel about me? Am I only a friend or friend right now but maybe more than friends later?"

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-06-2010 at 10:25 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #11  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

The other unfortunate possibility is that he says yes to all of the plans you try to make because he likes you platonically.

I had this situation with a close guy friend for aaages. I would ask him to hang out lots, he would ask me to hang out... and anytime I backed off to gauge his level of interest... he thought I was mad at him.
As much as I was crushing on that guy, we would never be anything more than friends... he just wasn't interested in me in that way. And now that I've moved on and have dated other people, we truly are nothing more than friends, and my crush is all gone.

I hope that's not the case for you, but many women subscribe to the "He's just not that into you" mentality that if he's interested in dating you... he's gonna make it happen some way or the other.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

The only way there would be NO question as to whether his intentions are for a relationship maybe or a platonic friendship is to ask, plain and simple. You can wait for him to make a call...but would him initiating a hang-out session at the mall let you KNOW he's into you? No...you still might just be friends.

No way to know other than asking. If he's into you in THAT way, great! If not, it'll stink to hear, but at least you won't be questioning it anymore.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

I agree with everyone else. Wait a little while and don't plan anything. Hopefully he will notice the loss and contact you for a date. He sounds cute, my BF is tall, thin, handsome, smart and dorky as well!
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:01 AM   #14  
Sailing the Grand Line!

Thanks guys. I'll probably mix all your advice together and wait a bit to see what happens and then, if all else fails, ask point blank. My only fear with that is if he's spooked out of friendship by the force. Ah well, I'll and see!