Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 08:58 AM   #1  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default thursday

starting....
Old 08-29-2002, 09:00 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jen - I hope you are feeling better and I hope you got some rest. Thanks for the boy advice too...man... it's so confusing.

Laura and KO - thanks for all the advice... I definately think you gave me some wise words... why sweat it? Just have fun.

Stayed OP yesterday and journaled. Okay this morning so far... swam .... but I'm wicked hungry and craving junk. I'll be okay though....

Good morning to all the ladies... check back soon.

Lisa
Old 08-29-2002, 09:25 AM   #3  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Unhappy I ended so off program yesterday ...

Hi all! See ... I'm getting my post in early! While Jeremy is in the tub, I'm writing a quick one.

Last night my eating just went to H-E double hockey stix.
I just lost control ... no exercise either.

Today, what do I plan to do? Journal, for 1 and that means here & in my little notebook, create a new "calendar" for my happy face stickers & stars to mark my OP days for September, set a goal for September & eat veggies galore today.

Hi Lisa, kudos to you for staying OP & journaling.

I posted so late in the evening, that I just started a new "thread" for myself for Wednesday in hopes everyone will get to see it. [craving attention here]

I've got to get us going. Talk to you all soon, from work!
Old 08-29-2002, 09:31 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Oh boy....this is going to be a rough day. I went downstairs for a diet coke and an awful evil (but delicious) apple fritter came back with me. UGH! I was doing so well too.....went 5 miles on the treadmill this AM. I know, I know, one slip-up does not ruin an entire day...it's just that I've found that once I start with the junk food I have a terrible time stopping.

Anyway......

Morning Lisa! Does your gym have a pool? If not, where do you swim? I'm looking to shake-up my work-out routine and love to swim but don't know where to begin looking for a reasonably priced place to go.

Kim - try not to fret too much about your wedding dress size issues until you've had a chance to speak to the seamstress. All your worrying may be for naught.

Hi to all! Hope you all have a chance to check in today....I'm sure I'll be here a lot...I'll need the distraction from food.

Laura
Old 08-29-2002, 09:33 AM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Deb...we must have been posting at the same time today. Good luck with having an OP day...I know you can do it!
Old 08-29-2002, 09:59 AM   #6  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Good morning deb... I like your ideas of marking your OP days with smiley faces... I might have to try that. Sounds fun.

Laura - I love my gym... and while it doesn't have a pool there, we can use the pool at the YWCA for free with our gym's membership card. ALTHOUGH.... treking out to the YWCA isn't always convenient... so i am really lucky because my building at work has an indoor pool. I do realize I am very lucky... the pool just opened in May.

I am SOOOO HUNGRY. 2 hours until lunch... I hope I can last.

Lisa
Old 08-29-2002, 10:04 AM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Wow! A pool at work? And I thought we were lucky because we had a gym at work! And don't starve yourself until lunch....eat something small that's OP to tid you over that way you won't run the risk of going overboard at lunch.

All right girls, I need major distraction here...my mind keeps wandering towards potato chips. So, question of the day (QOD): If you could be a character from a book for a day, who would you be? Personally, I'd be Alice from Alice in Wonderland.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:26 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey girls Just a quickie b/c its a day
and we dont need a pool at work we have one outside oh wait thats a shower! *drip*drip*
As for My alice character
I'd have to be
The Mad Hatter B/c I love him!
and the Queen of Hearts b/c I was her in 3rd grade
I wore my moms crinoline from her prom
Old 08-29-2002, 11:01 AM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... we waited 1 1/2 hours in line to sign up Emma for Swim classes. It was nuts there. I definately prefer Saturday sign ups. They do this every season. So in December we have to do it again for the winter swim session. Isn't that nuts. You can call in, but that is the day after walk in sign ups. So you aren't guaranteed anything. Guess they have to make it fair so everyone has a chance.

Don't know who I would want to be from a book. Have to think on that one.

Not many people at work today and tomorrow, so things may or maynot be stressful. Oh well. I am still way out of it, but I went to bed early and that helped.

Guess I better get back to work.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:30 PM   #10  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Finally the rain has stopped! We have had rain all morning & for the past 1 1/2 hours it's been torrential (?)
Looks as though it's let up, and I did bring my walking stuff with me to work, so I'll try to get a walk in around campus later.

Trying to move on from last night's binge. Not an easy thing to do.

Lisa - A pool @ work? What exactly do you do? Where in NJ are you? From where I live to Hoboken is about 1 hour drive. Hoboken is so much fun!

Laura - Baked doritos last night is what got my binge started! I can sympathize w/ your chip craving. Don't give in - be bigger than the chip! Diet coke, diet coke, diet coke!

My gym has a pool in it, and that's where Jeremy takes his swimming lessons, and a little whirlpool too. I've never been in though.
FUNNY thing ... I just went downstairs into our dining room & the GM from my gym is having lunch here. Odd ... what a coincidence. My job & gym are on different shores of LI and about 45 min away from each other. Weird.

Now I forget where I've left off ...

Alice in Wonderland question ... hmm ... probably that character that was always late (the rabbitt??) - because I'm always late!
That question reminds me of the Tom Petty video "don't come around here no more". Good one, Laura!

Come out & post! I've decided to do no work today!
Old 08-29-2002, 01:29 PM   #11  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Deb, I'm from Boston.... I wonder, you must have read someone elses post about NJ and Hoboken????? Funny. I'm an engineer at EMC COrporation in MA.... we moved into our new building in January and they opened the pool in May... I love it.

Mmmm.... from a book??? I don't know... when I was little I used to pretend to be Ramona the Terrible from the Judy Blume books. But now, if I got to chose... I'm not sure... what a good question. Are there any books about skinny rich girls doing what they love and finding the man of their dreams, starting a family while not interfering with their career?
Old 08-29-2002, 01:35 PM   #12  

Hi Girls!

This is going to be quick, I have to teach a class in 25 min. I have been terrible with my eating and exercise this last week, I am going to get it together soon, I promise!!

I am leaving work after my class, which officially starts my mini vacation, until Tuesday. I am looking forward to a few days with my family.

I don't have my computer hooked up at home, so I won't be checking in until Tuesday. I hope you all have great Labor Day weekends, and will miss you!

As far as a woman in a book.....it would have to be a heroine from a Danielle Steele book, they are always beautiful, rich, and have hunky guys hanging all over them......

Later Gaters....
Old 08-29-2002, 01:38 PM   #13  

As far as my book response....I was limited on who to choose from since the only books I have read in the last 7 years are:

The Foot Book and Where the Wild Things Are....and many others like that....if I were to choose from those, I would choose.....Jane (from Tarzan), since he is practically naked all the time....sick, I know....
Old 08-29-2002, 01:53 PM   #14  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello!

It's hard for me to believe that it's only Thursday. It feels like it should be Friday and I sure wish it was.

Wow, yesterday's thread was super-busy! I haven't read through all of it yet, but I'll try to get around to it.

WI is tonight, gulp. This week has been OK. It doesn't qualify as "bad" but it wasn't a perfect week. I really need to get my butt 100% back on board instead of this 80% back on the wagon BS I've been doing lately. If I don't, this last 18 lbs is NEVER going to come off and I'll be paying for WW for the rest of my life.

I'm taking a scrapbooking class tonight on creative lettering. That should be fun. I'm also taking a mini-vacation next weekend to Kansas City with a friend. Luckily, she's very weight-conscious so hopefully we'll be able to help each other.

What's everyone's plans for this weekend? I'm going to dinner at a nice restraunt tomorrow with BF, then I think he's going to come watch a video at my house, then he's going to stay the night. I can't wait... Saturday, I think I'm going to visit my friend Stephanie and her little boy. I haven't seen either of them in awhile, so that should be lots of fun.

Lisa--I'm SO jealous of your pool at work! I'm also jealous that you can swim at the Y with your gym membership. I wish that my gym would work something like that out with the Y here. They just built the place and it's HUGE! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to do my laps in my bathtub... Also, I didn't get to put in my 2 cents yesterday on your boy dilemma. I agree completely with everyone who says not to worry about where you and Brian are going. Just have fun. If you're worrying about what's going on, you won't be able to have as much fun!!

Deb--Darnit! I'm sorry to hear that last night went to pot for you. Just remember the beauty of WW--just because yesterday wasn't wonderful, today is a whole new day! Turn the journal page and forget about yesterday. And it's nice to hear that you're always late--I have the same problem and punctual people drive me nuts!

Laura--Darnit! I'm sorry to hear about that sneaky apple fritter making itself at home in your hand and riding back upstairs with you. Those things really are sneaky. In answer to your question about who I would be from a book... I think I might be Bridget Jones. Even though she has it rough sometimes, she has a cool job and a cool accent. Plus, she smokes. Or maybe I'd be Clair from the Outlander series--she goes back in time and meets Jamie Fraser who is a super studly hunk. Additional added bonus: she's a doctor and sometimes they have some steamy sex. I hope this has distracted you away from junk food.

Kier--Hello!! I think anything that's "mad" is perfect for you--sometimes I wonder if you're mad because your posts are the silliest things and I just love reading them!!

Jen--Yikes! Sounds like signing Emma up for swim lessons is a bear! I'm glad it's all taken care of, though. Hope you're feeling a little more with it soon! :hypno2:

So, that's my thoughts... Where's Jayne and Tonya and Belle and JenK today?

OK, back to work for me...
Old 08-29-2002, 02:08 PM   #15  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Oooppss ... my bad, Laura! But I'm up North a bit too! Actually, we (my friends & I) have tix to see Blue Men in Boston on 9/14. My friend lives in CT, and we'll drive up there & make a day of it.

I guess my NJ question/statement was directed to Kier ... it says under her avatar-pix-thingy that she's from NJ.

Silly me ...
Closed Thread