Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2002, 05:14 PM   #1  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default Thoughts, Prayers, Wisdom

Hey guys -
if you could just send a little thought, prayer, whatever you are comfortable with for me and Greg-

we found the dog of our dreams today! I can't find my landlord though to get his approval.. and its been a month since we asked him if we COULD get a new dog. The interesting thing though is that my mom leaves on Wednesday for Philly, and we need to figure out what to do with Oreo if we do get this new dog.

A little about her, her name is Ruby, she's a small rottweiler mix. She actually may be purebred, but she is GORGEOUS and just the SWEETEST thing you ever did meet. She is eager to learn, and she actually knows how to play soccer if you can believe that! She is just amazing and we love her to pieces. I knew we shouldn't go to the shelter today, but maybe we did the right thing.

Hopefully we can get our landlord to call back tonight. I haven't talked to him in weeks, I just hope this isn't going to make him rush a decision, and say no., and I'm afraid he will be anti-rotty. But she is such the perfect dog... *sigh*
Old 08-24-2002, 05:44 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

good luck vibes coming your way... it's hard to be without a dog.
Old 08-24-2002, 08:52 PM   #3  

Good luck! I'm sure everything will work out for you! I think that Rotty mixes are just the sweetest things (we have a 3 year old rotty mix and she is just the greatest dog we could have asked for).
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers today.
Old 08-24-2002, 09:53 PM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Good Luck Beth - Anne

Dogs are so much easier AND cheaper then kids
Old 08-25-2002, 11:11 AM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Rotts have an unfairly earned bad reputation....people just don't understand it's all about how you train the dog. Rotts are lovable dogs if you don't train them to be vicious. Good luck!
Old 08-26-2002, 12:33 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Oh, how sweet it is! I work with a rescue myself and I know how wonderful it is when the "perfect" dog comes your way. I hope your landlord agrees.

May I suggest that if he seems hesitant, give him the name of someone to speak with from a local Rottie Rescue. Many times, the landlord is more than willing to talk with someone knowlegable and the Rottie Rescue can tell him all the wonderful things about your breed. My landlord was hesitant about us participating in the fostering program with our rescue but then he met the dog we would be fostering and our "social worker" and he thought it was a great idea.
Old 08-26-2002, 02:06 PM   #7  
Losin It For GOOD!

Thanks for the great suggestion! I am pretty sure my landlord WON't Have a problem with it, because he himself has a very large german shepard, and he also knows we are quite honest about tempermant, etc... and are pretty knowledgeable when it comes to dogs.

I don't know what's going to happen with this, because when we sat down to do some math, we realized we don't quite have the adoption fee at this very moment in time, and still haven't managed to get a hold of our landlord *grrr*. Although I think my parents might give us the money in return for us housesitting for them and the other 2 dogs for 10 days... but we'll see.

I know if this is meant to be, it WILL work out.
Old 08-26-2002, 03:46 PM   #8  

Oh, good luck, Beth Anne!! I hope this works out for you! You're right - if it's meant to be it will. I'll say an extra prayer today! She definitely sounds like a keeper!
Old 08-26-2002, 07:58 PM   #9  
gbo

You Know I will say massive prayers for this worthy cause. Children of the fur bring such a wonderful richness to our lives.
God Bless.
Pam
Old 08-26-2002, 09:09 PM   #10  
Old Cackler

ok. here's my question.. how do you get a rottie's attention? we've always had german shepherds, but we have adopted this rottie from the shelter. magnolia louise is her name.

and she's a sweetie, but not terribly well trained. shepherds were so much different... and i KNOW i can do this, but she won't even look at me when i call her name!!! i can't figure out how to train a dog when i can't even get her to look me in the eye when i call her name!!!

any thoughts???

oh, and don't worry. she's not going back to the pound or anything like that. i just want her to be more responsive and obedient...
Old 08-26-2002, 09:21 PM   #11  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Default Prayers of the Human Kind...

Dear all....A student of mine lost his mom last night. She had cancer, and had been hospitalized since July. This little boy is 10 years old, and in the space of less than six months has not only lost his mom, he also lost his brother and sister in a car accident. Say a prayer for him, or send a good thought. His name is Howard.

Thank you
Old 08-27-2002, 08:51 AM   #12  
Losin It For GOOD!

Oh Jennelle - that is sooo sad! I will definately be praying for Howard.

Thanks for all your kind wishes... the plan right now is that we are still trying to get ahold of our landlord! Ridiculous! If we do get ahold of him and he says yes, we'll get the letter signed and notarized, and go get Ruby... then have a crazy week of 3 dogs and shuttling them around so my parents house can be shown! should be fun!
Old 08-27-2002, 04:53 PM   #13  
Old Cackler

oh jennelle... how sad!!!! of course little howard has my prayers and warm thoughts. now, all he needs is a good therapist!!!
Closed Thread