South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #1  
Bridesmaid to be!!

S/C/G: 10st3/10st/9st

Height: 5ft 4in

Unhappy after all that!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didnt even like the ricotta muffins!! I made some plain with splenda and some with cinamon, used cottage cheese as cant find low fat ricotta anywhere and they were not very nice!! Think as they are called muffins i was expecting some kind of cup cake! Rather dissapointed! Not sure if maybe they would be nicer savoury, with no splenda and low fat grated cheese??

On a good note i just did the southbeach dvd and did both the cardio and full body workout, so feel good about that!!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Good job on the workout!

Sorry you didn't like the muffins. Ricotta muffins don't sound all that good to me, but you never know until you try! I never would have thought I'd like those ricotta desserts and they turned out to be one of my favorite treats! Maybe the cottage cheese has too much flavor to make the cinnamon and splenda work?
Old 02-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #3  
Bridesmaid to be!!

S/C/G: 10st3/10st/9st

Height: 5ft 4in

Default maybe...

Peanut butter cookies are my fave at the mo!! May try and adjust the recipe to make muffin type things!! I used to like the ricotta creme too but stopped having them because cant find low fat ricotta anywhere and thought they would be too fatty with normal??
Old 02-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I guess regular fat ricotta would probably be something you'd have to reserve for once in a while. And I am not too sure that dessert is worth being THAT special of a treat....there are so many other recipes I have seen that look more interesting. That's too bad you can't find low fat ricotta over there! Have you tried asking your local grocery store if they'd consider carrying it?
Old 02-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Regular ricotta would be too much saturated fat to have on a regular basis. Sorry
Closed Thread