UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #1  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Default Well the last 2 and a half years have been kind...

...because I only gained back 80% of the weight I lost, so that's progress, right? I mean, a 25lb per year weight gain for 2.5 consecutive years isn't soooooooo bad, is it? ****, it's not even half a pound a week... I should feel pretty damn proud of myself!

You see, I thought I didn't need sites like this, and all their support. I thought I'd cracked it for good, and could do it all by myself, Superwoman style! I thought having lost 80lbs with only 20lbs to go I'd got past the hardest bit, and it would all be plain sailing...

...but I guess I thought wrong!

And I'm woman enough to admit it, and to come crawling back for help and encouragement!

It's depressing to be embarking again on the same journey to lose the same 63 lbs that I've lost and regained about 10 times during the course of my 44 years (having never, not once, made it all the way to the finish line), but I'm trying hard to look on the bright side. I'm a glass-half-full kinda gal, and I like to always look for the positives.

The biggest one, for me is that this time I haven't regained ALL of my weight back, and then an extra couple of stones for good measure, which is what I've usually done in the past. Nope, not this time! This time I've stopped the slide before I've hit rock bottom, and I've picked myself up and dusted myself off, and got ready to step back into the fray even though I've been much heavier than this in the past! ****, I'm still over three stones lighter than my highest ever weight! So I'm definitely seeing that as a positive thing to celebrate.

A second positive thing is that I'm waaaaayyyy more unfit and unsupple and out of shape than I was the last time I got properly on the fitness bandwagon, which means I've got tons of potential to improve! Through carelessness I've somehow damaged my back big-time, and consequently I'm so stiff and unbendy that even simple things like cutting my toenails and scratching my shoulderblades takes a ton of effort. So I figure that I'm starting out in such a bad state that things can only get better!

And a third positive thing is that even though I sloped away two and a half years ago and fell spectacularly off the wagon, this site is still here to come back to, populated with a new generation of UK fat chicks ready to inspire and motivate me! Coming back to the site feels like returning back to my folks after a long absence...and it's good to be home!

I guess it's time to stop writing and get started...
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #2  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Dippy Chip! Well I never. I thought of you the other day and here you are!

Very nice to see you and welcome back.

Job any better?
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/150/145

Height: 5'7"

Hello and welcome from another serial gainer (I refuse to call myself a 'yoyo dieter', I've never eaten a single yoyo).

There's another big fat positive; you already know how to do this and you've actually done it before, so that makes you an expert.
Trudiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:48 AM   #4  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Welcome back! And congrats for admitting all of the above, taking a deep breath and deciding to start again.
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 196.6/see ticker/125

Height: 5'5 1/2

Welcome back and good luck on your weightloss Dippy Chip! Great job that you've realised to come back here before you gained all the weight back (took me losing 35lb then gaining 68lb to clock that I can't do this on my own).
Sanna Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 286/157 (briefly) 170-180ish

Height: 5"9

Welcome back.
I have more or less the same story as you when it comes to gaining and losing in the past.
Hope it makes you feel a litle bit better, that for the first time, I am very nearly there at goal, and determined to make it - IT CAN BE DONE
Ellie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

Hello and welcome back Well done on not gaining all the weight back I always used to get down as far as 17 stones and then gain back weight and more besides. I've not been completely on plan but have still been losing weight just more slowly but your post is a reminder of the importance that stickign with this is for life, not just until down to a weight we're comfortable with. I'm 13 stones 4lb now which is a weight I haven't been for about 11 or 12 years so don't have the same motivation I did when I was 18 stones! Most be motivated again as so near to being overweight now and putting weight back on would be a disaster!

All the best with your weight loss journey.
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 279.5/251/150

Height: 5'6

Dippy Chip - good luck on your weight loss journey. I LOVE your attitude and I know you will get all the way this time with the right support.

I was having this discussion at WW last week - after losing nearly 2 stone I'm now more or less at the weight I started at on my last successful attempt in 2001! A couple more and I'll be at the weight I was when I started in 1995. I could let it get me down, but no, it just makes me all the more determined that this time I'm actually going to stick with it. Ellie is an inspiration because I know this time she's in a place where she's had maintenance in mind all along and I totally believe in her and her ability to stay at goal - go Ellie!

Rainbow; you hit the nail on the head. Even at 14.5 stone I felt fantastic and the compliments were rolling in - the urgency just wasn't there any more even though I was still far from being a healthy weight. I really need to remind myself of all the times I've let it slide and more next time I'm feeling too good about myself!
Bakewell is offline   Reply With Quote