Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #1  
Motivated 1/13/2010

S/C/G: 169/ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Positive Changes

Hello!

I was reading 3fc blogs and a few posts today and though some of us could use some positive energy.

Please, I would love to know what you did right today? What was your success? I know we want to do it all at once, but sometimes small changes lead to a bigger change!

I will start...I ate a healthy breakfast and lunch.
Teresa2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:26 PM   #2  
westernsoutherngirl

S/C/G: 170/164/145

Height: 5'6'

I ate a healthy breakfast and snack - not lunch time here yet in mountain time zone! AND I started cleaning out my closet (which looks like I should be on that tv show "Clean House." And getting ready to take dog for a nice long walk!
westernsoutherngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I've caught flu... so... I'm just drinking lots of water (and losing lots of weight? haha)

Today, I weighed in sooo close to 199lbs that I've been so pleased all day.
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Here's what I did right...LOL.....

I've eaten on plan all weekend long, which isn't always the case, but I'm proud of myself.

I went to the grocery store this morning and stocked up on healthy snacks. I also planned and bought ingredients for 5 healthy meals I will cook this week for dinnners.

I went to lunch with my family, but made healthy choices instead of caving in to temptations.

I plan on exercizing later.

I am reading 3FC for inspiration and motivation.
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/135.4/132

Height: 5' 4.5

Last night I went off plan with a rare dinner out to celebrate a relative's birthday. Definitely did not pick the healthiest thing on the menu. But the thing I did right today was put last night behind me and got right back on track with healthy eating instead of letting a splurge totally derail me for days as it has done in the past. That's really progress for me.
lovingsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #6  
Oh buddy, it's on!

This may be TMI but my monthly bill came today and I haven't gone off plan once! In the past, I'd run to the nearest chocolate and devour it. Rinse. Wash. Repeat. Ughhh.

And even though I feel like going home and curling up in a ball, I'm going to the gym after work to sweat through it.

No case of the Mondays for me!
Katy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 205.0/188.6/130.0

Height: 5'8"

Smile

I started off my day with a healthy breakfast. Then I headed off to the gym and got a great workout in. After I got home, I made sure to drink enough water. When lunch-time rolled around I had a healthy lunch, and I have prepared a healthy dinner.

Today was kind of a blah day for me starting in the afternoon. However, I saw a discussion thread about these kind of days where I found words of encouragement: "I have learned not to rely on momentum or excitement or motivation. They will all fail you when you need them most. Try to concentrate on the idea that this is how you live now, that you are committed to it even when it's the last thing you want to do. You know what feels great? The day AFTER a blah day when you realize you stayed in control even though you were scared or tired or feeling blue or wanting to eat a large pizza. And that's the cool part, those feelings are fleeting. They don't linger forever. So don't give in and your next day will be a little brighter for knowing you are calling the shots in your body. And never forget, EVERYONE has those kinds of days! You aren't alone."

Now I am feeling a renewed commitment to this lifestyle change.

one carrot for each pound lost in the new year (so far):
PROGRESS!!!
livingoodinthe707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #8  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Well, this wasn't just today, but over the weekend, my kids and hubby and I went to an amusement park. We had to go out of town and stay in a hotel. I stayed on track the entire time! At the amusement park, I was nervous about not finding something, but I ended up finding Rotisserie chicken and ate it with fresh tomatoes and onions. Everyone around me was devouring mashed potatoes, gravy, coleslaw, Chinese food (low mein, beef and broccoli, etc.). Yes, my food was boring, but I didn't gain an ounce!

Today, I had a very healthy breakfast and workout out intensely afterwards. I'm hoping to see the scale drop very soon!

I also managed to stop by the grocery store and pick up some low cal items like Dannon 60 calorie yogurt cups, which I mix with half a cup of Kashi high fiber cereal (70 cals for 1/2 cup) and that is a great, high fiber treat!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #9  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 288/234/199

Height: 5'5''

I had a big chunk of protein and a clementine for dinner with water and even better my friend at work is convinced that she IS worth becoming healthier! I intoduced her to 3 fat chicks
srr728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:56 PM   #10  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I got back on plan today, after a week's rebellion. I feel good about being back on plan. I feel in control. I feel positive. I feel like I can do this. Go, Me!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:37 AM   #11  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Before I say what I did that was good today - GREAT idea for a thread, everyone needs a pat on the back from themselves . . . I think too many people forget that.

Anywho . . . after a long stretch on the elliptical and realizing I had to go buy milk for my little guy, I got hit with munchies in the store - of course - but I walked away from the crunchy chips I wanted, went home and had some celery and peanut butter.
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:16 AM   #12  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

today i didnt devour the many cupcakes that i encountered at work. instead i came home, ate a salad for dinner, and rode the stationary bike for awhile.
i also worked through some issues that ive been having with a friend, which took a lot of stress away, and made me feel tons better, and able to have a fantastic day
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:10 AM   #13  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Today, I got up and felt good about myself and my forthcoming day. I told myself this morning that I am a good person and worthy of respect and love from those around me. The best thing you can do for yourself is positive self-talk.

I went to the gym and did a hard slog through the weights (just increased the weight, so it's a bit tougher) and ran 10 minutes at 9k/h instead of my usual 8.5k/h.

I did manage a booboo today (the small brownie), but that won't throw me off plan too much and I will pick myself up tomorrow and do better than I did today.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #14  
It's My Time

S/C/G: 179.8/178.2/130

Height: 5'1

I did 30 minutes on the elliptical yesterday and I have a personal training session with my trainer today at 5:30. I have also started on dinner. Red beans and brown rice, grilled chicken, and cornbread (I promise to only eat one slice)
beautiful9800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #15  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I baked a turkey and then I cut it up into pieces that are all separated into tupperware, ready to be sprinkled over salad for a healthy dinner for the rest of the week!

I also kicked my own butt at the gym, even though I really didn't wanna go. I find that if I tell myself that today, I'll take it easy, once I get started, after a few minutes, I manage to get it to a really challenging level.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote