Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-02-2009, 10:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/250/190

Height: 5'4

Smile Need a Butt Kickin'

I want to lose weight,need to lose the weight,I know what I have to do to lose weight. I just need to kick myself into gear again. I have actually lost 70lbs in the past and have lose skin hanging from it and know it's time to lose the rest and get in better shape. What do you do to make yourself get moving? you know when you've come to that place that says Okay, It's time to get moving ?
JennelleV86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

For me, it took a long time and some back and forth gain/loss/gain. Since I've been more focused, I have found that I just can't take a day off from exercise. If I do, it seems easier for me to rationalize a poor choice of snack here or there. I've been doing some type of exercise daily for the last few weeks and haven't slipped up on my eating once. Best of luck finding your "thing" to keep you going.

Last edited by stargzr; 12-02-2009 at 10:23 AM.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

I agree the more on plan I am, the better I behave. Don't let yourself feel deprived. Write your goals, visualize yourself thin. Always do at least light weight resistance while you are losing weight! Drink plenty of water, take a multivitamin. A really good one. Your skin, hair, nails will thank you for it. To tighten up that skin, you will have to build muscle underneath it.

Congrats on losing 70 lbs! That is a major accomplishment!

Now decide if you want it bad enough. Focus on the REASON. My reason is the older you get the harder it is to lose weight and the harder it is to get your skin to bounce back from significant weight loss. Plus I see 40 year olds in better shape than me. That's motivation.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

For me, it's a combination of visualization and planning. I plan out my food in advance as well as my exercise. Nothing stands in my way. I have chronic daily migraines and I still workout, so if I can do it, anyone can. I also agree that weight training has to be incorporated somehow, along with moving every day. Finally, the more I visit 3fatchicks, the more focused I am. Oh, I forgot: don't look at any long term goals. I just focus on 10 lbs. at a time.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote