Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-04-2009, 08:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Wink What Do YOU Use as a Motivator???

Good Morning to ALL my "friends" I'm so addicted to 3fc it's not even funny I wake up first thing I do is jump on here LOLOL I thought facebook was bad...hehe

You know all my life for pleasure or reward I would go out to eat or eat or eat....

So this time I am motivating myself like this....

1st 10lbs (YEAH JUST MET) 1 month of tanning
2cnd 10lbs 1/2 massage once a week for a month (they have a massage therapist at my gym for $25)
3rd 10lbs 2 new outfits
4th 10lbs New Family Pictures
5th 10lbs Closet renewel (out with all the old in with the new)
6th 10 lbs new ring and necklack
7th 10lbs an overnight trip to the mountains (ONE OF MY HUGE LOVES)

SO curious if anyone else has done this....

Or do you use visuals?

what are some of your tactics?

readytobeme2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

3FC absolutely! I come here several times most days.

I need to keep slender fitness and the plan to get there forefront in my mind. What do they say here "ever mindful"?

I've got dumbells on the coffee table, oxygen magazines laying about, the elliptical where I trip over it ... And I come to 3FC very often!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #3  

Awe Susan that's great...i forgot to mention yesterday I bought 1 and 3lb wrist weights and the resistant band for the days I can't get to the gym I can walk/jog (ugh i hate it but i'll do it) and then do some toning. I go to the gym with my mom and it's been such a blessing. She is struggling with Lymes and has for years...but she's wonderful to be with and she motivates me just with her presence ya know?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Ya know what? I think there's a sticky in the resistance exercises threads that's all about using bands. Have you seen it? I'll see if I can find the link.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...workout.htmlto add a link

Last edited by srmb60; 11-04-2009 at 08:42 AM.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #5  

I'll have to look for it
Old 11-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

I just bought a sexy little number to wear on dh's birthday (February). I'll have to lose about 30lbs to fit into it.
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

The past two times that I lost weight after babies 3 and 4 I had specific events that I had coming up, sister's wedding and 10 yr class reunion. This go 'round after baby #5 there's no specific event. Well, my sister is getting remarried in Feb. 2011 but that's quite a ways away. Honestly, my motivator this time is that I'm tired of being the chunky mom, friend, sister, etc. I just keep picturing myself at goal, looking wonderfully put together in my new wardrobe, etc.
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Readytobeme-I think it is very neat that you have thought out such concrete rewards for yourself. I have never done that even though I have lost large amounts of weight before (only to gain them back). I do have something in mind for when I reach goal. I have always wanted a pair of diamond earrings so I plan to get myself a pair when I get there. Buying new clothes has more been a matter of necessity when I lost weight than a reward-it kind of turned out to be both but as a result I now have clothing in all kinds of sizes. I recently brought some of my "skinny clothes" in from the shed as motivation for myself. I may have to think about this idea a little more cause I think it's a good one. The first goal I have set for myself is to lose enough weight to get off my high blood pressure medication-a worthwhile and health related goal but certainly nothing that gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Once I was down about 40 pounds I began shopping! I really found it motivating to try new looks, new make up and accessories. Of course, financially you have to keep it in check though. Before then, I was so truly motivated by how I was feeling. I felt so much more in control and just better in general than I had before--as if the clouds had rolled back. One thing I NEVER use is "rewarding" myself with foods of limited nutritional value. I do however, use healthy foods as motivators. This week I paid $3.50 for a pint of raspberries for just ME! It seems high but when I think about all the chips and cookies I bought over the years that cost me that--well, it puts it into perspective.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #10  

Your awesome Thighs Be Gone LOL
but Rasberries lolol gotta love ya.....you make me smile for sure

Just a loozer- yep I'm hoping February I can do the same no let me rephrase that by February I WILL be able to do the same and SO WILL YOU chickadee

Amy-I have some stuff coming up to 20yr hs reunion Nov 28th a couple weddings etc....but I can't loose "for" them i've done that before and IT ALL came back later *errrrg** I don't think about my events coming up anymore...I will be happy RIGHT where I am at on those special occassions
at least that is how it is for me

HUGS to you guys...I'm off to join the tanning salon today
Old 11-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

First thing in the morning I open up two windows on my computer. One for facebook and the other for 3FC. but I have no idea what you're talking about. ;-)

My rewards are 10 lbs apart. with the first 2, I rewarded myself with a mani/padi. the next ones that are closer to my goal, I want a new dress for my goal weight. Since its 5 lbs from my goal. when I hit my goal, I want to take a picture wearing that dress.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #12  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

I love to buy music, and I want a way to tie each and every good choice to some kind of reward. So I came up with a little points system for myself, where I give myself points for things like "not having the broccoli cheddar soup at lunch" or "having an apple instead of a donut at that meeting" or "going to the gym". Then every week or two I redeem those points and allow myself to buy a few songs or an album. I also toss in an extra album for every five pounds lost.

At first I tried to meticulous about calibrating the points system so it worked out to a reasonable amount of music (don't want to go broke after all!) in exchange for a reasonable amount of weight-loss effort. But I have found that it's not really necessary for me to do that - just thinking to myself "would you rather have that donut, or have a song?" is enough to make me more mindful of my food choices and do a better job at it.

And it also allows for the possibility that some days, I would rather have a donut than a song. I am not in this to never touch an indulgent morsel of food ever again - I'm in it for long-term sustainable change and an enjoyable life.

Last edited by carter; 11-04-2009 at 10:57 AM.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #13  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

My biggest motivator right now is that my boyfriend's youngest son is getting married next summer. I'm invited to the wedding and it will be the first time I meet the ex-wife. It might be a bit petty, but I want to look fabulous when I meet her and Joe's other family members that I've never met. I want to make my boyfriend proud to have me on his arm. Not that he isn't already, but you know what I mean?
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:51 PM   #14  

Height: 5'11

I have quite a few motivators. I have a picture of me hanging on the fridge of me at my highest weight and it really helps me realize how amazing I have done so far and the fact that I dont ever want to get there again.

Another big motivator for me is the fact that I want to be the most beautiful bride ever (not that every woman doesn't want that) but in my previous relationship I told my bf at the time I wouldn't marry him until I knew I would love the pictures. Things didn't really work out with him but I still stand with my thoughts of Im not getting married until I am completely happy with myself and Im getting pretty close!!!

Another motivator would have to be that me and my current bf celebrate our two year anniversary on New years and I would love to look AMAZING and since I dont get to see him every day its nice to see how he reacts from the last time he has seen me.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #15  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I have a closet full of "motivators." There are a bunch of clothes I am dreaming of wearing. I would love to buy a really amazing designer handbag. I know that I can buy a handbag at any size, but I don't want to buy the bag until I love who I have become because at this point, I really don't see the point of spending all that extra money on something like this unless it's really earned.

The truth is that when I want to binge on food, no amount of external motivators really stop me from doing it....I just have to remind myself that I want desperately to reach my goal. Sorry to be a downer! This is a fun topic, but I've found that having rewards are great for celebrating, but they are just rewards and they really don't change my behavior. I wish they would but the lure of food is just too powerful.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote