Old 11-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/171/135

Height: 5'7

Unhappy hit a rut :(

I've sort of hit a rut in regards to my weight loss. I just simply have no energy whatsoever to exercise, and it's been like this for probably 3 weeks straight. I find it depressing. I'll even try the, "just get on the treadmill and hope your legs do the talking" but even that doesn't work for me. I feel like quitting as soon as I start. Does anybody have any advice or kind words? The total lack of energy makes it so hard for me to keep losing weight.
petfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Do you bring music with you? Any form of entertainment? I find the treadmill dreadfully boring unless I bring music or watch TV while I run.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/171/135

Height: 5'7

Yeah, I always bring music with me... tv isn't really an option tho
petfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Whats your nutrition like? I find that since I am restricting my diet somewhat, I have to make what i eat count- make sure I am getting enough protein, make sure I am eating low GI to get the energy I need from what I eat. What kind of eating plan are you following? If you are calorie counting (like me) this is definately something to look into. Are you drinking enough water? Are you getting enough sleep? Are you stressed about something at the moment? Are you just bored with your work out routine?
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

The treadmill is really boring for me. Do you have the option of jogging or walking outside? How about dancing? Dancing really gets me moving even when I don't feel like I want to do it to start, I usually get into it right away and don't want to quit.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:25 AM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 222/136/?

Height: 5'10

Change up your routine. Exercise at a different time of the day, change the order of your workout circuit, try a new exercise. If you never use the stationary bike try that. Try jump rope, even better for your heart and weight loss than running.

Good Luck
benchmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:06 AM   #7  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 165/153/135

Height: 5"6

I've had that happen to me a bunch of times, maybe about once a week actually. I find that if you schedule in your exercise like an appointment it gets your mind set to doing it. Instead of thinking, "maybe I'll work out tonight" you can see on your planner that you have an hour scheduled for later that afternoon. I'm currently doing the C25K program and we have cool down periods and I use those to text my friends sometimes.. (not the smartest move on the treadmill) but it makes me forget that I have to run again and it's pretty much the only time I can connect with friends once my busy night schedule hits... I even keep a friend on standby and she knows when I text her to start encouraging me to get moving and some nights it's the only reason I do.
ChristineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I can get on the treadmill ONCE and feel that way. Maybe it's just time to switch up your routine? If you like running...maybe go outdoors. Or try a new machine like an elliptical trainer, or throw in a workout video a couple of days a week to break up the monotony. Doing the same thing all the time can get boring quickly for a lot of people...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/200.5/185

Height: 5'3

I have those days too! I change it up with a work out video. I just got the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred at Target for 15 bucks! I love it! It is HARD, but it's nice to try something new!
mamabekki06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #10  
Fit by Spring Break!

S/C/G: 235/211/150

Height: 5'7"

I know that whenever I am feeling sluggish/lethargic for long periods of time it's due to either not getting enough sleep or eating my eating habits (stuff that's bad for me or not eating enough).

The best thing to do is maybe up your protein intake a couple hours before working out...that usually helps me - I just grab a handful of nuts and chomp on them!

Good luck!
MathGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

Just to second some of the opinions on here... I hate treadmills. I'd rather run outside for an hour than run on the treadmill for 15 minutes.
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote