Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 06:55 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Thumbs down #164.. Enjoy the foods of the summer!

Welcome to the 100lb club! Glad you have joined us Post often.. Read even more

As the title states.... get out there and enjoy the wonderful fresh foods of the summer! Not only do they taste great.. they are priced great! Get some exercise in while walking through a farmers market.

Sunday is grocery shopping day for us. Cantaloupe was 48 cents!! A whole seedless watermelon $2 - - guess what I'm eating this week?

Here is a great web site all about produce - it's excellent! Did you know that in one serving of cantaloupe you get a full days supply of vitamin A? WOW!

http://www.aboutproduce.com/

Dana
Old 07-21-2002, 09:07 PM   #2  

Thumbs down

I love those summer foods, too.

Yesterday was grocery day for me -- I stocked up on apples, oranges, bananas, nectarines, apricots, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew and an assortment of fresh veggies --

It's too hot right now to concentrate on eating anything that doesn't cool me off -- so I love to eat "cool" foods in the summer -- the difference for me yesterday was that I actually passed up the ice cream aisle -- a real accomplishment for me.

Hoping everyone will have a good week.

Crystal
Old 07-21-2002, 09:12 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Great job crystal on passing th ei cecream isle. I did not fair so well as i was camping and that is trditionally a high food time so that was totally off plan so back on monday it is time for me to goet going. I am ready and set to go!!
Old 07-21-2002, 09:42 PM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Hi All!

I hope you don't mind me starting a new thread. It's been a quiet lazy weekend around here. Stayed OP I have 5 points left and do I ever want to use them! Sara is sick tonight.. poor thing has a fever. I had booked an appt with her new dr (since we moved here) tomorrow, so I guess the timing for that is good. I hate to see her when she's sick.

It reached 100 degrees here today - so NO exercise for me! No way Yesterday I did go out for a walk.

Good for you Crystal for not buying ice-cream. I did! Blue Bunny no sugar 2 points for 1/2 cup. I actually bought it for my daughter.. but figured incase I binged it better not do too much damage, thus the no sugar. Besides my 2 year old doesn't need any more sugar!

Jim and Iwent to see Minority Report with Tom Cruise. Good movie, but man, is he so sweet to watch I still wonder why Nicole dumped him.
We missed Big Brother - but noticed that Josh and Tonya are on the cropping block - smart move, I think.

Tomorrow is weigh-in, I think I lost a couple of lbs - I'm so close to my 10%, I want it SO bad

Chat more tomorrow!

Dana

Last edited by slimdown; 07-21-2002 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-21-2002, 10:13 PM   #5  

Well today was a great day. I had a great food day and have drank enough water. I'm working on my last 32 oz. for a gallon today.

I took my girls to the pool today ( ages 2 and 4). I couldn't believe how good they would. My oldest was swimming under the water and jumping and even dove in the water. My youngest would ( while holding my hands) jump into the water and go under, then kick her way back up. It was great. We spent 4 hours playing in the pool. I love to swim and always have and love that my girls are little fish, lol.

I go tomorrow and weigh in. I'm kinda scared. I feel like I either stayed the same or maybe gained a little. I hope not. I hope I either stayed the same or went down. But after I weigh in I am startgin the Body for life challenge with Sue and we are both going to win, lol.

Slimdown, I feel for you. I hate when my little ones are sick. But I don't give them anything for a fevor unless it gets to 104 or higher. I have found that with my kids they get better faster if I let there body's work it out on there own. They sleep a lot during the day and no matter how sick they are, it never lasts much more then a day or so.

Lyric, I didn't pass the ice cream today. At the pool, I shared an icecream sandwitch with my girls. But I don't think I did bad today.

Well all others have a great day,
Bella23
Old 07-21-2002, 10:30 PM   #6  
gbo

Love Big Brother and Survivor. They are the two shows I just hate to miss!
Well , it has been a while as the computer was down again. Hubby just loves to download and every time all **** breaks loose. He did fix it and I am quite greatful.
I am doing ok. I am having a problem at the moment that hasn't bothered me much in quite a while. My stomach is so very swollen!!!!! The large hernia is poked out and painful, my stomach is consistantly queezy and I gained six pounds overnight. Mind you it dropped three the next day but the swelling of my stomach has not gone down. I can't seems to get it under control so I guess I have to see the Doctor yet again. I know he will say I need surgery as we have had that discussion before and having lost 60 lbs he may advise that but I should like to lose a bit more before that step is taken so we shall see. My workouts have been toned down a bit as it put me in such pain. I have slowed the crunches down and do less of them until this thing settles down.
So that is where I am at. These "spells" of medical problems really are discouraging sometimes but it will again pass one way or another. So at the moment I am "hanging tough".
Pam
Old 07-22-2002, 11:06 AM   #7  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

*yawn* trying to get back on track... not having the evil kiddies has had me slackin, I've been doing bad things like sleeping in... now I'm paying for it...lol stayed up most of last night, going to stay up all day, and hit the sack early, we're trying to get all of us on the same schedule, in bed at 9 for all of us, then JOhnny and I can take an hour to talk and cuddle or whatever, then we're sleeping by 10...and up at 6

Well, it's official, I am having one of those fibro attacks... granted, they come far less often now, but when they come, I just want to hang myself from the highest tree... too bad around here, I'm taller than most of the trees

I also didn't pass up the ice cream, hubby and I had our last hurrah...heh, he brought home the most decadent brand and flavor he could, I think... Godiva chocolate cheescake...right now, I feel like that was enough for me for the rest of the year!

Dana, hope the lil one feels better soon!

Crystal, congrats on passing up the ice cream, hehe, that is my goal now... if we DO feel the need to have something frozen and yummy, it's going to be tofutti or Soy Delicious, so it's vegan... not everything we eat is fully vegan, but where we can have it, we will

Bella, Good luck with your challenge

Pam... girl, what are you doing to yourself? Ah, I guess you can be my broken down buddy... we can moan to each other about what nmiseries we have from day to day... lol... seriously though, get yourself taken care of pronto!

Ok, I'm off to update my website now, I finally took measurments, gotta get em up, before I forget!
Old 07-22-2002, 02:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Wow I really do enjoy the fruits and vegtables of the summer. I just can't afford them. Does anyone else here have money problems like that? I feel I don't have the money to eat healthy. That sounds really bad but the really bad foods seem to be the cheapest in price. I still get my vegtables and fruits in but from a can and that is not as tasty as the fresh kind. I know I can find some really good sales on the good foods but I just don't have the money when they are on sale. I am still having problems getting my exercise in. I should be able to get outside today and go for a walk. It is only suppose to be in the 70's today. I am going home from work in 30 minutes and will rest alittle since I am going on 4 hours of sleep right now. Then I will go for a walk either after I pick the kids up or before I will decide later. How do you get yourself motivated after a long day at work? I am so tired I just have enough energy to feed the kids and crawl into bed. I can't get my butt moving enough to get anything done even housework. I try to get dishes done but that is really hard to do at times. Well I guess I have gripped enough. Boy I wish gripping would make you lose as much weight as exercising I would lose a whole bunch in a week sometimes.

Take care all you losers and I will try harder. I have to if I want to make my goal by the end of the year.
Old 07-22-2002, 08:18 PM   #9  

Went to nearby farm today. Had corn on cob, pepper/tomato/onion salad for dinner. Cantalope cut and waiting in fridge until I have some room. Did pool and lots of water. Wasn't really, really bad over the weekend but not as good as today.
Old 07-22-2002, 10:23 PM   #10  

I, too, love the foods of summer. There is nothing like fresh watermelon and grilled corn on the cob! I will say, however, that I tend to eat so much of it during the summer that I am kind of tired of the watermelon, honeydew, and tomatoes, but maybe that is because my garden has exploded and there is sooo much fruit and veggies around that I feel like they are coming out my ears!
The other thing about the summer that I love is the pool. The boys (2 &4) try to get out there three times a week for two hours at a time. They are the little fish that I used to be. I am very proud of my two year old, he swims entirely by himself, but boy he keeps me busy watching him! Who knows maybe I'll sweat out some of my weight! 113% today!
Old 07-23-2002, 02:05 AM   #11  
gbo

Tamara Honey, I think most of us are there, have been and so on.
I have four watermelons on my porch and boy do I wish I could hand you a couple! We have a garden and have the good fortune to have had a bumper crop. We have given away a ton of cucumbers, corn, watermelon, greens, beans and the musk melon are really coming in. I sure wish I could share with you. You're not going to believe this but we have a mutant pumpkin that is huge and not done growing yet! They aren't even supposed to be anything but flowers at this point! My brussel sprouts did nothing this year. The tomatoes have done very well indeed but my cantalopes did little as well. I am shooting for a large greenhouse.
Hey I can dream!!!! LOL.
PNG.... It just makes me crazy sometimes, all these medical complications but I am so very lucky. You just can't imagine how bad I was. These are more a nusance than a problem. I know I have to be under the knife a couple more times but I have been there so many times now that it doesn't seem such a big deal. I can walk like a normal person , I can use my hands again, I can speak and think normally, I can see (with corrective lenses) nearly normal. I can do things, cook, and care for my home and Mom, I can decorate and make things again. My strength is building and I am nearly a normal functional person. For that I am eternally grateful. I don't even fall anymoreor pass out on a regular basis. I am more blessed than you know and miracles do happen. I just wish the remaining problems I have wouldn't mess with my weight progress!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah, well this too shall pass!
I have developed a tumor on my thumb too, which strikes me almost funny. I get the silliest things!!!! Still its at least something new, so Doc won't get bored! My stomach has gone down some but is still puffed up hopefully I can get my weight soon if not I will shoot for next week!!!! Boy I hope it is an earth mover so it is all worth it!!!!!!
Pam
Old 07-23-2002, 02:44 AM   #12  
beautiful

Thumbs up BLAH!!!

i did terrible today!!! it started off crappy and finished crappy. but i'm going to try harder tomorrow!

PNG---> where did you get your doll icon? its so cute!

i too love the fruits and veggies of the summer. i've got a cantaloupe and several granny smith apples in the ice box waiting for me to eat them up. i've added stir fry veggies to my diet and its only 180 calories for the WHOLE BAG. great way for me to get my daily veggie intake without having to add tons of calories.
Old 07-23-2002, 08:37 AM   #13  

Goodmorning everyone. It's been a few days for me. Work has been too much. I've been trying to hide from the world. I got to get out of this funk.

JENNELLE...CONGRATS!!!!!! That is really awseome about how the teaching is going for you. You sound really happy, and am not surprised your so good. We all knew that already, now you do too! And hey, a new class room, very cool!!! I hope you have another amazing year with amazing test scores.

Happy you all seem to be doing well and smiling.

Last edited by Jenniffer; 07-23-2002 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-23-2002, 09:27 AM   #14  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Good Morning All!

Had an awesome day yesterday, even made good choices last night when Hubby decided that he wanted Fast food for dinner. But then around 8:00, I lost it and totally junked out. What is wrong with me?? So this morning, I threw away the cookies, packed a healthy lunch. We'll try this again!

I am sooo jealous, Bella's 2 year old will jump in with her and swim to the top, muelledk's 2 year old swims by himself and my 2 year old screams when you hold him in a pool!! What am I doing wrong??

Dana - How is Sara feeling?

gbo - sorry your not feeling well. It sounds like you have an awesome attitude about it. Then, you have an awesome attitude about most things!!

Let's all try and have a great day!!!
Old 07-23-2002, 09:36 AM   #15  

Well yesterday was a good day for me. I had about 2 slices of bread more then I should have but I'm not going to beet my self up over it. I drank my gallon of water and went to the gym. I also got weighed in and gained 1lb. Not horrible. So I am going to try extra hard this week to get it off. I want to get below 270. And I want it bad.

At the gym I nearly killed myself, lol. I am used to lifting weights but not the way I have to do it for my challange. My arms feel like they are going to fall off. But I suppose that is good, lol. I also had them measure me and do a body fat %, It wasn't bad but it wasn't good. Even though I gained a little wieght, I only went up in my measurements in 3 areas and stayed the same in 2 and went down in 3. So I'll work on it for next month. I want to be down an other size by September. I am going to really push my self.

Well you all have a great day and I'll check in later.
Bella23
Closed Thread