Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 12:23 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default ~~ The Thin Group #85 ~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797
Old 07-18-2002, 12:46 PM   #2  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default CJ YOU LITTLE BRAT!

CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEJAY!

You are such a little brat, I wasn't even paying attention to how close we were to so close to 30. I can't belive you, here I was posting away and you just swoop right in and start the new thread. LOL You were just waiting wern't you? YOU BRAT! HA HA HA HA HA HA Well next time I will pay more attention to the number. LOL

Honestly, kidding aside, glad you are alright. I know how you feel about the crap at those fairs ect. We went to the Barthlomew County Fair we have in Columbus and man. Wall to wall stands of elephant ears, funnel cakes, corn dogs, ice cream, deep fried vegetables and fried cheese and everything other kind of things each of which has a minimum of about 1000 points. LOL It is sooooo hard to resist sometimes and when I go with just Ken that he doesn't want the funnel cake or elephant ear and I end up having to eat it alone and about 3/4 of the way through end up feeling very guilty and end up throwing it away. Don't worry if you have something there, it isn't like you end up doing this every single day so I saw enjoy life and what it has to offer for tomorrow we die-t. LOL

Wow a readhead, I can't wait to see this. I am sure you look great though. Oh boy I'll bet Dick loves it am I right? Or if I know him, he doesn't care as long as your hair isn't blue. LOL So post again before you start a new thread or else I will come to your cabin and and and and well have a samore. Yes that's it, we can have a bonfire and a cookout and run around the woods looking for little critters and have a great old time. LOL Oh we just have to try to get to your cabin to do all those things. I wouldn't beat your up now would I? Well well maybe just a little bit, but it would do you good.

Well now let's hear from some other Thinsters since CJ was KIND enough to start a brand new thread, brat that she is. LOL

Take care guys and remember today is the start of the rest of your life. It starts right now. What you do with it will determine what happens down the road.

Love you guys, Sharon :sheep:
Old 07-18-2002, 01:44 PM   #3  
"Hyatt Regency"

Ohhhhhhhhhh I am with Sharon… CJ is a slick one… swoops in for the kill just at the right time and starts a new thread and I’ve been talking to myself waiting for the chance to start the new thread…. Emmmmmmmmm……… BRAT BRAT BRAT from me too……. Hehe

Just letting you know how the self help weight watchers meeting went… there were only 3 of us but it was only a 2 day notice and a lot of the attorneys are out of the office and already had things scheduled for the day. But we decided to keep doing it and just talking about our own personal problems with eating and what we can do to help ourselves and bouncing the ideas off of others…. That has to help doesn’t it? I would think so…. We stopped weight watchers in October 2001 and one girl has gained 9 pounds and the other girl had a loss of 75 pounds and she has gained 25 pounds back, (which I would have never guessed) I have gained 9 pounds and have gained it the last month. So I can quit beating myself up….. I am doing ok. I have promised to journal (this is a very hard thing for me but when I do it works… go figure… hehe)…. The one girl who gained back 25 also goes to a 12 step program with Overeaters Anonymous. She was trying to get me to go along time ago… but I don’t feel that I have an addiction to the food or use food for comfort (but maybe I do) I don’t binge like some women do… I don’t sit and eat a whole cake by myself… that kind of stuff… this girl will do that…. But it couldn’t hurt to attend these meetings, I just haven’t got the nerve up to face if I do have problem such as that and I don’t realize it… ?????????? I don’t know…. I’d like to think I don’t……

WEIGHT WATHCERS JOURNAL……. I forgot about any copying rights…. Duh and I work for a law firm….. duh…… with copiers….. how convenient… oh well…… they can arrest me if they like…. I’m not selling them.

CJ is a redhead…. Emmmm…… bet you look really great as a redhead…. Being a natural redhead myself (a lot blonder as I get older) I bet Dick does like it…. I’ve always felt kind of special being a redhead as there are so few of us…

Well I will start journaling tomorrow…. (should start today) but I promise tomorrow… I will post and let you know whats going on and how I am doing. Need to get out my booklets from WW (my other purse)… everyone take care and be good….

Love you all……. Carolyn
Old 07-18-2002, 03:21 PM   #4  

Default This post is from Carolyn/CH!

H guys,
Thought I would bring Carolyn's post from # 84 so you can see what she had to say. So here you go guys, from Carolyn:

Hello Ladies, What is with this funk business? Ladies we are getting older we don't have time for a funk!!!! Live everyday to the fullest. That means stay on plan but fully enjoy the days. It is important at this time for us to fill our days with what we enjoy most. (That does not mean food.) It means, new babies, grandchildren or new puppies. It means fresh vegetables that are in season, fruit and light meats. It means walks at night when the air is cooler or treadmills that are in air-conditioned houses. (doesn't everyone have one in the living room like Me?)
It's good to have Sharon back, I really have missed you and even CJ posted today. Good to hear from both of you.

Last week I lost l.6 lbs., this week I gained 8 oz. Thats the way my whole summer has gone. I have been (pretty) good not perfect but I am trying. I swore I wouldn't go back to school this fat but being school starts new week and I can't afford to quit, I guess I will. Actually being back at work and on a schedule is really better for my diet than all these cook-outs!

Jo- pick it up girl. You can do it, you've done it before and encouraged all of us along the way. Now we would like to do it for you. I have all kinds of faith in you and know you can do it.
Hugs for you. You can, you can, you can.

Spent the day canning green beans. 21 quarts so far. Was I the one who said "have fun"? It's been part of my life since I could reach the stove. It wouldn't be July without green beans and corn.

Canner going off so am I. Later.........Carolyn
Old 07-20-2002, 10:25 AM   #5  

Default Here where is everyone?

You guys must just be busy busy busy!

Ok I can see I am talking to myself, that's ok and pretty normal for me. LOL

Carolyn/Regency-I am glad your WW meeting went well it sounds like a good group and don't worry more co-workers will follow and join in when the word spreads how great everyone is doing. I have through about joining one of those groups like Overeaters Anonyous years ago, but like you I feel that is for maybe people that just can't stop themself and tend to binge. I think in my case like you, while I like food I think the WW program works best for me because I think it focuses on the postive like the foods that I can have rather than the foods we can't. The meetings are so uplifting and just being in a group can make one feel that we are not alone. But I still feel that whatever works for you is the best way to go. If you are anything like me you probably are not obsessive compulsive so don't feel that you have to run right over there with her. I do think the group is great though for those who need it. Maybe you could just try your WW for now because I am so sure this will be the way to go. Otherwise I think to be in 2 different programs would be too much and too conflicting as well. I too have trouble journaling and that is my one thing I have trouble doing. Maybe you could try just a couple of days at first, that's what our WW leader suggested than graduadually journal more days as you get used to doing it. Good luck this week.

CJ-Hey you little brat don't be starting a new thread and running. LOL GET BACK IN HERE AND POST AGAIN!

Carolyn/CH-Well at least you have lost more than you have gained that is one good thing. I too am like you and have only lost half of my weight to reach my goal and just can't seem to get where I want to be. I really want to be there, but know it will take even more effort than I am putting out now. I just have to not backslide like I have been doing and do all the things faithfully like drinking my water, exercising and following my program AND journaling, my weakness as well. Yes I agree with you that being back to work will be better for you. You will have more of a schedule and not all those summer cookouts and everything else going on. Now there is a while till the holidays come upon us so this will be good for you Carolyn. Hey thanks for missing me, I was soooo happy when you came back to, you don't know how much. It was like an old friend came home. Now I wish we could get Gail and Julie back too. Man I need to connect with Julie Weiss one of these days, no one has heard from her since before she was married. Have you head from her Carolyn? JULIE COME ON BACK IN HERE, GAIL, THE SAME TO YOU! Hope you green beans burned out wonderful. Yum that sounds good, but with some bacon in it. Yes I know I know, but hey we can have that bacon on WW, just as long as we count the points. LOL

OK guys are we all getting out of the funk now? Let's just do the best we can day by day. I have been drinking my water these last few days and last night I popped in my Leslie Sansone Walk Aerobics tape and did the 3 mile walk with the little blue balls. So I was happy about that and today I am going to do another one too and tomorrow. I figure that it is just less than an hour of my day, surely I can spare that. Out of 24 hrs, well 16 if you count sleeping, but hey who gets 8 hours anymore? Not me, too much to do around here. LOL

So come on guys

WE CAN DO THIS-WE ARE THE MIGHTY MIGHTY THINSTERS AND WE DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Love, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 07-20-2002 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-21-2002, 04:30 PM   #6  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi Ladies......

I just finished reading your posts..... great one gals....

CH...... Your post was wonderful and I am glad that Sharon brought it forward to this thread because I certainly missed it on thread #84.... I agree we should not be in a funk..... the weather is beautiful and the garden foods are pooring in.... and I love green beans... and talk about cheap to eat... hardly any calories, hardly any points, no fat... (as long as you don't add the fat or count the fat that you have added)... gotta love em..... my dad always has a garden and unfortunately I miss it these days living here..... but he did bring up a bunch of broccoli that he had grown and we had it for dinner one night... love that too.... my mom also cans green beans, she freeze dries apples and then freezes them, dad always has tons of cabbage too... red and the usual green.... and of course corn..... great food.... there were lots of times we would have a garden dinner and no meat.... emmmmmmm....

Sharon...... Thanks again..... no funk here (trying to convince myself of same)..... gotta look at the bright side of things..... work is going great... not being overworked at this point just pacing myself in the work that I do have..... homelife is going good.... house is cleaned.... back yard is looking good and the patio.... so no funk here.....

I went downtown with some co-workers yesterday and volunteered at Gleaners Food Warehouse..... we packed groceries in boxes..... it was great.... we only worked for about an hour and a half..... I worked the first 45 minutes but had to rest as I was getting dizzy bending over so much.... rested a bit.... drank water and the went back but had to stop again in about 15 minutes to rest..... there were donuts there and I avoided them..... about 6 dozens were first layed out.... there were only a couple of dozen left..... I looked but stayed away..... I did have a full bottle of water and a glass of orange juice that they also had for us.... and a small bag of chips.... (fat but no sugar, had enough sugar in the orange juice)..... then I felt better but by then we were finished..... so I worked about an hour..... but I got up at 6:00 a.m., showered, dressed put make-up on, did my hair and was there by 8:30 a.m. we left the building about 11:00 a.m. and went to the oldest restaurant in Detroit, Roma Cafe.... a true Italian restaurant.... had lasagna and took home the left overs and ate some later yesterday and am going to have the rest tonight for dinner..... but I did have bread and butter with it.... OUCH..... but I am still doing good because I would have eaten the whole thing in one sitting when I was at my largest.... so thats a good step..... isn't it?

I have just been sitting around the house, reviewing my paperwork that was handed out at the parole meetings.... I go for the training tomorrow after work.... I had ordered a leather soft sided briefcase from work for my 20th anniversary (what 7 years ago??? hehe) and I knew I would have some use for it some day.... dusted it off and will be carrying it with me when I go on my parole meetings.... looks impressive..... hehe.... who am I trying to fool.....??? criminals? oh well.... it looks nice and they gave us alot of paperwork so I've put it all in a folder so I can use it.... whatever works is what I figure....

I am going to close for now..... everyone be good and take care.....

Love to all...... Carolyn

Last edited by Regency919; 07-21-2002 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-22-2002, 02:52 PM   #7  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi Ladies….

I am here talking to myself once again…… Not much going on here…. I am at work and my boss is out of the office this afternoon……. Lucky me… lucky me…..

We just had a heck of a storm come through downtown Detroit…. Winds of up to 50 – 60 mph… the rain was coming down in sheets….. I am on the 13th floor so it wasn’t so bad on this floor although one of the windows on the Westside of the building starting leaking as the wind was coming from the west….. its no wonder it started to leak…… the flags were standing straight out and then sometimes they would go straight up in the air…… all we were lacking was Toto and Dorothy flying by……. I certainly hope my home and trees are still standing….. and I have electricity……. Need the air conditioning still as its suppose to be about 95 degrees out there……. YUCKERS……

Ya know……. Things are really boring here so I am going to close for now and not bore you to death……. Maybe I’ll call England and see whats happening with him… I haven’t talked to him in over a month…. Maybe I’ll have something exciting or maybe silly to share with you…… See ya….

Love to all….. Carolyn
Old 07-22-2002, 03:24 PM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

Happy Monday morning, everyone!

The weekend just flew by and I didn't get enough done at home. A fleeting moment crossed my mind this morning...thought I should maybe call in sick....but here I am at work, slaving away.

I had a great OP weekend until yesterday afternoon when I got into a box of chocolates. What is it about chocolates - and nuts - that I can't stop at one or two. The whole box needs to be eaten in one sitting. However, my weight stayed the same overnight, so there has been no damage. Must have been all the exercise (and I don't mean the planned exercise, either) over the weekend.

We started to re-build the island in the kitchen. Carrying boards, cutting into smaller pieces - hubby even let me use the jigsaw and the table saw. Oh well, we will recut those boards tonight .

Our son was home from Winnipeg this weekend. He's the one with the carpentry training. Funny how he was indisposed for the entire weekend except when we went to visit our puppy. He even stayed away overnight... I don't know what would ever give him the impression that we would be building things in the middle of the night. I guess I can't really chastise him too much. He worked all day Friday in Winnipeg, drove all night to get to Edmonton, dumped off his dog and headed out to play with the military reserve band in central Alberta. He used to play with the band before moving to Winnipeg, and they asked him to come play on Saturday because they were short with people on holidays. He wants to keep his connections there because he is moving back to Edmonton next year and wants to transfer back. It is a great part-time job for him while he finishes university.

By the way, I have a pic of the puppy that I will post tomorrow. She still doesn't have her eyes open, but, boy is she ever fat. The little boy runt in the litter looks like he will make it, but he is so skinny. The breeder let me hold him yesterday and I could feel all his bones. But he's a fighter so should be OK.

I was just reading the WW newletter this morning and was reminded that this is the best time of year to get out of funks and get moving on the weight lost. They posted a whole bunch of interesting salad and dip recipes. The main dish salad recipes are only about 4 points, so my plan is to make a conentrated effort to try to take advantage of the fresh veggies that are available now and eat some of the salads for lunches. I find that when I am working and take my lunch with me, I tend to eat more healthy than if I decide what I am going to eat at lunch time. The intentions, of course, are always good with the notion that I won't have much at supper, but when supper comes, I want something big then, too. I just have to get back to the routine from winter, where my meals during the day were fairly low point, and I could splurge a bit on suppers. I know that is my bad time, so like to have the flexibility to eat in the evenings. The other thing that I have not been doing is journalling. I find that I can maintain my weight by not journalling, but if I want to lose that last 10 pounds, I have to get back to the discipline. Starting tomorrow... I still have the Labour Day challenge to meet, and I intend to be down to goal by then.

Carolyn - I really admire you on your volunteerism with the parole board. That is a field that I have been interested in for a long time, but there is no opportunity to volunteer in this community. Hubby and I used to get called to sponsor parolees when they were released from prison, but the last one really burned us. The man had been in on murder charges (which we were not privvy to at the time of his release), and ended up stalking us when he was at large, or out of jail. After he violated parole during our sponsorship, we didn't have any conact with him so weren't aware that he had been released from jail. We did notice one week, though, that there were RCMP vehicles patrolling up and down the streets where we live. We arrived home from work one Friday night and received a call from the RCMP advising us that the man was at large again and that a lady that he was living with had informed them he was stalking us and another friend of ours. The lady that informed them had moved away for her own safety, but we were left like sitting ducks. Anyway, the police were looking for this friend of ours and couldn't find her, so they were worried. As it turned out, she had been out of town visiting her kids (which we knew), but was on her way home that evening because she was graduating from college the next day. Such complication. Anyway, we went to the grad, and low and behold, if there weren't undercover police swarming the place. Some hanging around our friend, some sitting in the same row with us, etc. Buuut they caught the guy at the grad. Another piece of excitement for the day. We heard from him one more time after that when he called from jail, told me a whole bunch of lies and stuff, then phoned hubby the next night and told him that he had told me all these lies. His parole was revoked until the completion of his term - life. I think that term is over in about 2011. I don't think he will live that long with the health problems that he had even 10 years ago, so he could be dead even now. By 2011, I think we will have moved away, and the lady that he was stalking is retiring now, so will be moving to another city. With any luck, that period of our life is over.

Great to hear that your WW meeting went well. Even though there were only 3, it is still enough to be a support to each other and to have your own meetings. I found the journalling very hard, too. The only way that I could consistently manage the journalling was to carry the flippin' thing with me everywhere. I used a daytimer, and I wasn't seen without it for about 10 months. I finally quit journalling because I wasn't really serious about losing and am doing OK without writing everything down, but will need to get back at journalling if I intend to lose the last 10 pounds. Try making a commitment to journal every day for a month. You will find that if you commit and discipline yourself, after a month you won't find the journalling so hard. It becomes a habit (you know, the 21 day habit forming stuff).

Sharon - I wish I could get pumped exercising. That is really one of my great downfalls. I hate, hate, hate exercising. I don't know...I find it boring and unenjoyable when I HAVE to do it. Just ends up being part of the 'chore' list and I really don't enjoy chores, either. Good for you if you can keep up with the aerobics tapes. Go for it.

CJ - Where are you? I know you are there somewhere (evidence is in the first message ) Let us know how you are doing and what more mischief you are up to. Take care.

Hope everyone has a great week. Sorry this is soooooo long. I just got a rambling and didn't know when to sit down and keep my BIG mouth shut. I will send a pic of the new puppy...I think it may even include her new owner????? Y'all will have to check back tomorrow.
Old 07-23-2002, 08:56 AM   #9  
Mother Hen

GOOD MORNING!

Just got back from my walk this morning and boy is it sticky outside! Rain storms all around us last night but not a drop fell on my yard so my sprinklers are working like crazy to keep my grass alive!

This humidity is really about to kill me. Makes it really hard to breathe with my respiratory problems.

I have soooo much housework to do but it is really hard to get anything done while I'm gasping for breath!

One of my critters went pee pee on my carpet last night! I can smell it so I know about where it it but I don't see any spots! I have to get the rug shampooer out and clean the whole house! May take me a week or so to get it all done but I WILL get it done! It's days like this that make me want to get rid of every one of them!.......... Naaaaahhhhh, I love them too much.

Peggy. I'm looking forward to seeing your new baby. Will that be posted here or on the Thin Group Site?

Well, I have to get up and start moving or else I'll never get anything done. This chair seems like super glue, once I sit for awhile I just can't get my big butt out of the seat!!!!!

Hugs, Judy
Old 07-23-2002, 10:00 PM   #10  
CH

Hey everyone, 2 great things happened today. Number 1----it rained! Not enough but a good start. More importantly----------drum roll--please.......................I lost 3.6 lbs. today. I am now back to my lowest point and hope to get over this hump now. I have spent the summer up one week, down the next. I know I have said that many times before. I will try to do better. I am eating better, especially with fresh vegetables available and my beloved tomatoes coming in. My favorite right now is a sandwich of 35 calorie bread with lettuce, tomato, lo-fat mayo and bac's. I feel like I've had a bacon and tomatoe. Doesn't take much to make me happy!

Judy, I know what you mean about the pets. Every now and then I really think I want another dog. Then my daughter comes to visit and brings hers and that takes care of that thought. Do be careful going out in this heat if you are having trouble breathing. I'm glad someone goes with you.

We had registration for school tonight. After seeing all the kids, I think I am ready to go back. They are all taller, and tanned and many have lost teeth, which they couldn't wait to show me. I am very lucky to have a job I love.

Hope when I post again, some of you lost people will be back. Gail, I really do miss hearing from you, where are you.

Later ladies, Carolyn
Old 07-23-2002, 10:03 PM   #11  
CH

Sorry can't spell anything. My sandwich had BacO's. (imatation bacon) Maybe that makes more sense.
Carolyn
Old 07-23-2002, 10:58 PM   #12  

Default Hi guys

Hey there,

How is everyone tonight? Yes I know that feelin of only a few rain drops, happend last week here, but a couple of days ago, man it just can down in buckets. We really needed that. My corn loved it. I planted some corn this year, but later than usual, but hopefully I will have a few ears anyways to munch on. Only put 2 tomato plants this year, last year I had like 20 and had tomato's coming out of my ears. Canned them, froze them and made some fresh tomato sauce with them. Ate many many tomato's too, mmmmm good. But this year I thought I would just do good old corn. Looking forward to my first ear, get the butter. LOL

Carolyn/CH-Way to go on that weight loss. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes you feel good eh? You deserved it, I know you really worked hard at it too. Keep up the good work. I'll bet it feels so good to be at your lowest weight yet.
That bacon sandwich with Baco's sounds really good. Many less calories than the real bacon I would think. I will have to try it sometime. Thanks for the tip.

Judy-Take it easy and take care of youself. Yes I know the feeling about those critters and their love of rugs. We just got out downstairs rugs cleaned the other day. I always get the rug shampooer, but not this time. Too busy working so thought I would get it done professionally. My time is worth something I think. Good luck with your carper shampooing. Been there-done that.

Peggy-Yes I am with you on those chocolates. They should count as a vegetable. Waiting with baited breath for your picture of your new baby. HURRY UP! LOL

Carolyn/Regency-Oh man that Roma Cafe sounds soooo good. Funny when your mentioned that my Italian mouth started watering and I was talking to SIL Chrissy and when she called me tonight, I said I would be in Michigan next week after I get done with my training in Ann Arbor and asked her if we could go to the Roma Cafe and she said we could. So guess where I will be going? Thanks to you? LOL Thanks for the tip. Hope we can connect when I get done with my training.

Well guys time to get off here. I probably won't be on here because I am leaving Thursday morning to go to Michigan for training for my University Of Michigan job. I will be gone for at least a week, when I am done on the 31st I will be heading to see my Dad, Papa and Chrissy and Emily and Ellen too. Hope to see Carolyn/Regency too. Should be fun. That is once I get the training done for my job.

Take care guys and talk to you when I get back. Love you, Sharon
Old 07-23-2002, 11:37 PM   #13  

Hello Ladies!

Wow, everyone seems to be in a funk! We've all been down that road ladies and we have pulled each other out. I think we all need a big group hug ....{{{{{{{{THIN GROUP}}}}}}}}} I hope that makes all of us feel a bit better.

You all know about my quest for a baby and that two of my doctors' think I have PCOS (Poly cystic ovarian syndrome). Well, I had my appointment last week with the PCOS "expert". I don't know where this woman got her education but I'm more confused than ever. She sent me to get blood work done but said "even if the bloodwork comes back normal, I know there is something wrong." Hmmmm, what does that mean? Why send me to get blood taken out in the first place? She also told me that before I even think about having a baby I need to lose weight because I am in danger of being high risk. She told me all the "bad" things that can happen to me if I get pregnant at this weight. My other two doctors didn't feel that I would be high risk... I don't know what to think. She does want me to lift weights so that I can build muscle. When I mentioned this to my nutritionist, he gave me this look like "what are you talking about?". He told me just to start slow but don't over do it.
I need to wait for the lab results before I decide what to do. I will continue going to the nutritionist (very nice guy) but am going to have chat with my doctor regarding the "expert". So what is the moral of the story you ask .... I was so down about having PCOS that it motivated me to get off my butt and not mope about it. I too was in a funk but now am very motivated. I will be happy to pass along any useful information my nutritionist gives me. .....Sorry for making this so long!!!

Jo- Hang in there! We love you and don't like seeing you this way. You burn more calories smiling than frowning ....don't know if it's true but it sounds optimistic!

Carolyn(CH)-WOOOOHOOOO!!! You go girl!!!

CJ- You are still the Queen!!!

Sharon- Hey woman! I'm hanging in there. It's nice to see you harassing CJ ... it feels like the good ol' days

Judy- Walking dogs is a workout in itself. Keep up the great job!

Carolyn(Regency)- Your Mom sounds so cute!

Peggy- Chocolate is OK .... it comes from a plant so doesn't that count as a vegetable?

Had anyone heard from Gail? I miss her!!!!

Well ladies I'm off to bed. Had a very long day. Walked around downtown San Francisco and enjoyed the sunshine and the beautiful views. I am one lucky person to live here!!!!!

Lots of love to you all!

Sylvia (Miss jabberjaw for the day)
Old 07-23-2002, 11:38 PM   #14  

Here is something inspirational for all of us!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

WHERE THERE'S A WILL, THERE'S A WAY.
-----------------------------------------------
You are never given a wish
without also being given the power to make it come true.

The achievement of your goal is assured
the moment you commit yourself to it.
If you have the desire, you have the power to attain it.

You can have anything you want in life
if you will sacrifice everything else for it.
Your dreams can come true if you pursue them.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:40 AM   #15  
"Hyatt Regency"

Good Morning Ladies….

Things are kind of slow this morning….. most of the attorneys are at a meeting… so I am taking the time for myself this morning…..

The parole officer training went quite well… I think…. I sat and talked to a girl that came in and talked about her baby that she had with her…. I was rather proud of myself… I talked to the guys that came in and even asked questions… even though they weren’t my client’s by the person who was training me…. But I jumped right in there. I have a problem of not talking with strangers or people next in line with me…. I am self conscious of myself and would rather go unnoticed…. But I never felt self conscious at all and felt that I had been doing it for years and it never dawned me what I had done until I was driving home and just patted myself on the back…. Wasn’t a bit nervous…

WW at work hopefully will pick up tomorrow…. A couple of the ladies said they would be there no matter what… so there may be 5 of us… I haven’t done squat this week…. Gonna start though… get on the right track… its been hot here, but had storms on Sunday and Monday and this morning it was soooooo nice outside…… Hopefully things will cool down a bit.

PEGGY – You go girl on that kitchen….. you will love it when you are finished… its just getting to that part of it…. Being finished!!! Hehe…. Where do I find the puppy pic at? Did you put it on line yet? That’s pretty weird what the parolee did to you guys… you are there to help him, sponser him, and he stalks you? He needs to be put away….. I can say by looking at people’s criminal history and/or driving/drinking history they give these people way to many chances to foul up… in and out of overnight jail visits getting picked up for drunk driving and fighting… anger management classes…… drug rehabs…. It really makes you think.

JUDY – Its been pretty hot and sticky here to…. You should be careful and not overdo it… Breathing problems are serious… and this heat doesn’t help at all.

CH CAROLYN – YOU GO GIRL!!!!! Good for you on the weight loss….. now you feel as though you are getting some place and its worth the sacrifice right? Keep it up you are in inspiration for us all!!!!

SHARON – I’ll be happy to meet with you and Chrissy too……. Just give me a call….. I can even meet with you at Roma Café if you like……. That would be nice too…… or you can come to my house… or I’ll meet you someplace…. Looking forward to this……. Give me a buzz……..

SYLVIA – I agree with you not all doctors are right nor are they all “right” for you either…. I had problems with my doctor and I finally changed, as far as I am concerned she was a “quack”…. I real like my doctor that I have now….. Your “Where there is a way, there is a will”….. that was fantastic and so inspirational….. that’s a keeper…..

I should get back to work….. ha who am I fooling get back to work… I’ve haven’t started yet….. hehe…. I’ve been here waaaaaay to long… not a good attitude…. Hehe…….

Lots of Love and be good……. Carolyn
Closed Thread