Old 09-02-2009, 12:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330.9/330.9/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Embarassed to begin again.

I have been a member of WW a couple times. I want to go to the meetings again starting tomorrow. I know the leader from before but am embarassed to come back again and about 40lbs heavier. I am at my highest weight and have been trying to do WW on my own, but I think that I need more support. I know I probably shouldn't be embarassed but I am and it makes me want to avoid going again. I guess for me that would be just plain stupid at this point. I am 25 years old, I weigh 340lbs and I have the knees of a 50 year old. I can't walk down the street without being out of breath. Its pathetic and so obvious to everyone that there is a problem. I guess I am just babbling on and on, but this is seriously bothering me!
lauralou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:31 AM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

hey, i dont do weight watchers, but i thought i would pop in and just say that you should definately go if you want to, and not be embarassed. Plenty of people try more than twice to lose weight, and I'm sure the leader has seen heaps of people come back more than once to try again. You should be proud that you have the courage to start again!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:53 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Don't be embarrassed! Most of us have been on the weight loss rollercoaster more times than we care to admit Is there more than 1 meeting or leader in your town? Perhaps you can go to another one where the leader doesn't know you if you are uncomfortable. I do not do weight watchers either but if this works for you, please do not let your fears keep you from achieving your goal. Good luck!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

And to me, this website is some of the best support you can get!! Find a forum that works for you and your diet, and check in daily with friends. Good luck!!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #5  
One day at a time!!!

S/C/G: 245/221.2/140

Height: 5'2"

Be proud that you are making a step in the right direction!

I understand being uncomfortable about having tried before and going back.....but I promise you that you are not the only one. You can't do anything about the past.....just learn from it and move forward. I agree that you should be proud for having the courage to start again. I think that starting is one of the hardest parts.....and you are there! You are doing a great thing for yourself!

You are young and now is the time to make positive changes for your future. YOU CAN DO IT!! We are all here to support you. Good luck Lauralou!
Ragsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:30 PM   #6  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I understand how you feel but I hope you don't let those feelings of embarrassment and discomfort stop you from making the right steps in your path to a healthy life. In my experience, many of the people attending WW meetings have tried it before and least once. In fact, my leader often makes reference to the fact that she is a 'repeat offender' herself.

Your leader will probably either not remember you, welcome you back with enthusiasm, or you may opt for another meeting time/leader.

What happened before isn't what matters. What matters is what you choose to do now. You can do it!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

The way to think about it is ... one time of embarrassment for only a few minutes. Even if you are a little uncomfortable the first time, do it and it will be over.

The second time, there will be no embarrassment because you already stepped through that hoop.

And you have your whole wonderful life to live. Hugs.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

If you have a good leader like I do, it will not be a problem. Our leader would just tell you how nice it is to see you. She never asks why people have missed meetings or stopped coming for a while. She is just happy to see everyone.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178.5/178.5/155

Height: 5'6''

don't beat yourself up - what matters most is that you are back. You can't change the past - only look forward. We all slip up once in a while.
materialgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #10  

I have joined and rejoined more than i have fingers and toes! I always go back to the same meeting and even though it is "uncomfortable" for about the first 2 minutes, other meeting members and leader always makes me feel welcome. Believe me, you are NOT the only person going back with a gain -- most people do!!
Do it for yourself -- and hold your head high! You are WORTH IT!
3meows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 330.9/330.9/160

Height: 5'8"

Thank you so much everyone! I am feeling better and I think I will go back this week.
lauralou is offline   Reply With Quote