Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-01-2009, 01:28 AM   #1  
Goddess of my universe

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 7"

Default P90x Check-in

Welcome all to the accountability thread for the P90X.
Please try to check-in at least weekly to let us know how the workout is going. We are here to cheer on and support and push and encourage each other.
On your first post please put your before photo is you have one, your start weight, measurements for bust, hips, waist, thighs, calves, biceps and whatever other measurement you would like to post. Also, if you have any goals you would like to meet at this time or any challenges you need encouragement with.
Let's BRING IT!!!
borntobefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:15 AM   #2  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

I was wondering where you went? I didn't see you post lately for P90X
Do I still qualify to post here if I'm only doing the Ab Ripper X from the whole program?
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:39 PM   #3  
Goddess of my universe

Definitely pinto. Come inspire us.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:30 AM   #4  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Okie thanks

I'm not going to post a picture here but I will post the measurements. I'm only doing Ab RipperX from the whole program 3x per week (Tu/Th/Sa). I am on Week 3 now of the ab workout. I've noticed lack of pain the next day of doing the ab workout. I hope that's a good thing cuz haven't we always believed that if you feel the pain it means you are working your abs . However, while doing the workouts I DO feel the pain. And I do cuss out loud trying to keep up with him for some of the exercises. I still feel doing the bicycle forward and backward back-to-back is the toughest.

Initially, when hubby and I started the ARX workout it took us 35-40 mins to finish the 16 min workout cuz we took so many breaks . Yesterday, we finished the ab workout in 24 mins. Still not completely there yet but slowly and steadily getting to be stronger. I still cannot do the exercises with my arms in the air. I'm hoping eventually I'll get there.

I really hope I'll notice some changes after at least 2 months of doing the ARX workout!!

Waist - (will post later)

Where are you guys up to in the program? Are you following the whole P90x program (including diet) or just doing it selectively?
Old 09-03-2009, 01:25 AM   #5  
Goddess of my universe

I started on Monday but today I postponed it to next Monday because I am due for a spinal tap and some other tests and apparently I should not do any intensive muscle work like weith training until after that.
Until then I am just focusing on cardio.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #6  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntobefine View Post
I started on Monday but today I postponed it to next Monday because I am due for a spinal tap and some other tests and apparently I should not do any intensive muscle work like weith training until after that. Until then I am just focusing on cardio.
Definitely, take it easy. Good Luck!!
Old 09-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/180/150

Height: 5'6"

I have the entire P90X program, and keep wanting to do the lean version... but I don't have the attention span to do it for an hour... there are certain discs that are decent, but most of them I am not able to do the exercises...

Is anyone else sore for 2 days after doing the dics?
dellerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #8  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone I will check in when I can had to go to other house and work this week and still will be missing in action may have time later this weekend to catch up but home with husband {VERY RARE} so am still on DOUBLES not doing my usual TRIPLES as not enough time. got to run!!!! DEVA
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #9  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellerina View Post
...Is anyone else sore for 2 days after doing the dics?
I'm just doing the Ab Ripper X from the entire program (3x/week) and yes, I was very sore from it after day 1 for several days. It hurt to cough or laugh. Week 1 was just torture so to speak as this workout works the entire core. But after week 2 the next day soreness went away. The exercises are still tough but not painful anymore. So, give it some time and do whatever you can. Take breaks in between if you have to.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #10  
Goddess of my universe

Restarted Day 1 of P90X yesterday. Complications from the lumbar puncture had me in bed for 2 weks.
It was hard to do. Felt tired and draggy (but I feel that way when I run too). No energy.
Did plyo this morning and it killed me. A corpse is writing this message - lol. I think I will change it to cardioX until I am fitter because plyo plus running in same day equals bad idea
Old 09-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Just got my P90X in the mail today but I'll probably hold off starting it until October so I can finish out my routines this month and so I can get my basement workout ready!!

They guy I bought it from said it came with all the guides and stuff, but of course it didn't--I emailed him about it so we'll see--in the meantime, is it absolutely necessary to have the guides or can you do the workouts and everything without them? I'm guessing you can...but you kwim. Is there a place online maybe that I could check out the contents of the guides that anyone knows of?

TIA in advance for any help! I can't wait to get started on this!!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #12  
NROL4W-Stage 5

borntobefine, glad to hear from you again. Sorry, about the complications. Hope you feel better very soon. Take it easy As for no energy, is this cuz of the complications or did you feel like that before as well? I noticed, with me, that if I had a slice of bread or any quick carb (100-150 cal) an hour or so before my workout, I did much better throughout my workout.

I'm still working on the Ab Ripper X routines. I think I've been doing it for a month now (can't remember, have to check my calendar) and I'm still not strong enough to do some of the routines with my arms in the air. I hope to do it some day . Now, I can do the whole routine in 21-23 mins...still taking breaks but much better than before when I started.

Sandye, I believe the guides are on the DVD itself. You will have to browse thru the dvd on your PC to look for the document. At least, that's how my DH got his.

Last edited by pintobean; 09-23-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

pintobean~ thanks for the info! I'll have to check them out and see if there's anything on there I can print out. In his listing he showed the guide booklets and a chart and stuff that it was supposed to come with. I sure hope he either sends them or that they're on the DVDs!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:06 AM   #14  
Goddess of my universe

Hi pintobean,
I had fatigue a while back but that went away in June because I started taking supplements and regulating my eating schedule.
The doctors claim I am anemic and have me on a ton of iron (975mg daily) as well as some medications for some stomach thing although my stomach was not bothering me until they put me on the meds. Since the lumbar puncture I am more tired; really exhausted all the time. They are retesting the iron since apparently I am not absorbing it and it might be the cause of the exhaustion. I remember having the same problem when they tried to treat me for a folic acid diffiency. The treatment made me sicker that being difficient ever did - lol. My doctor is cheking on the doctor who did the puncture because with all the complications I had afterwards he thinks the doctor who did it might have nicked a nerve or something. Hopefully they get it figured out because this totally sucks.
I plan to try BCAA and green tea extract from trueprotein.com to see if that helps.

I want to do a 5K in November and right now I run so slooooowly that it bores and irritates.
Have you seen a lot of change in your abs with ABX? I can't do many of the ones that require the arm raising although the lift one - raising the hips using the abs, are very easy. The lower part of my abs are strong. The upper part is a total joke.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:56 AM   #15  
NROL4W-Stage 5

borntobefine, oh dear I hope they figure out soon the real problem. I can't imagine what you must be going through. hang in there and hoping for a quick recovery.

Well, I cannot do any of the Ab exercises with my hands in the air. I fall backwards . But, I am hoping with time it will happen. I have noticed a slight change in my mid section, as I see it "dimpled" on the sides. Not sure if dimpled is the correct word or not . I also was able to hold myself in the plank position for over a minute last night. Something, I know, I could not do before. I want to get rid of the damn "overhang" (my lower belly). It is not going away .

About the 5k, if you don't want to run or can't run for any reason, you can just walk it. That's the beauty of it. Most of these 5k runs are both walk and run. I'm a slow runner too.