Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 11:56 PM   #1  
missaprylj

Unhappy Anyone Out There?

Hey Kind Person Reading This!
Thank you in advance for your time. I need to lose about 100 lbs. (I weigh 230 and I'm 5'6" tall) I think that 130 would be my "perfect, healthy, happy" weight. I'm really looking for someone to sort of do this "with" that can encourage me and vice-versa. I'm only 14 years old, but I can PROMISE you I am more mature, respectful, resillient, and responsible than most adults you see during the course of your day. Please respond to this, or, even better... e-mail me at [email protected] Thank you so much for reading! -Apryl

Old 07-11-2002, 08:03 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

Default well, hi there!!!

welcome apryl.. and LOVE your nick..

yes, 14 year olds can be very mature, but it's certainly a sad commentary on the rest of us when young teens are more mature than we are!!!

how are you planning to lose your weight? and what kind of support do you have among your friends and family? we're all in this together, and more than willing to help, too.

there's lots of great advice and wisdom floating around here. and if you'd like, the low carb board is another great place to hang out. and you don't even have to be a low carber to be there [they let me stay, after all!!!].

ask lots of questions. post often.. it keeps us honest... and it actually HURTS to post on the exercise threads that i've done absolutely NOTHING in the way of exercise!!
Old 07-11-2002, 09:54 AM   #3  

Apryl:

Welcome! I think that you are smart in thinking about your health at such a young age. Believe me, it seems to get more difficult the older I get.

Know that you are special.

I'll be looking forward to your insite on other posts.

It's good to have you here.

annie
Old 07-11-2002, 11:18 AM   #4  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Welcome Apryl Great nick you got there... keep on coming in, and posting here with us, we try to help as much as possible, we have a broad range of knowledge here... so if one of us can't help, just hang in there, someone is sure to come along that can... if I'd paid more attention to my body's HEALTH back when I was 14, rather than pushing perfection, I wouldn't be here today, but live and learn, and at least it looks like you're willing to do this the smart way
Old 07-11-2002, 06:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to this board Apryl.

I too commend you for taking care of yourself this early on in life and wanting to do better for yourself healthy wise. I think the older one gets the harder it is. I myself am 29yrs old and finding it very hard to stear away from the junk food and also finding it very hard to make new good habits(like water intake) and try to break the old ones.

Good luck to you on your journey to losing weight and becoming a healthier you.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:36 PM   #6  
missaprylj

Thank you all so much for your replies! The things that you all said REALLY means a lot to me deep down inside. My mother and I see each other about 3 times a year, and really don't get along, so any sort of attention from older, wiser females is always whole-heartedly appreciated. I'd also like to apologize for sounding a bit, umm... well, full of myself in my first post. I was just getting tired of people (adults and teens) not taking me seriously because of my age. :-( Sorry again! Well, please continue to post here, as I absolutely take everything you all say straight to heart. ;-) Have a great week. -Apryl

Old 07-12-2002, 01:53 AM   #7  
gbo

Apryl - I wish I had , had the wisdom at your age to do something about the weight problem that has plagued me all my life. Mom tried to tell me but I paid little attention. I settled for less from life and myself due to the weight, stood on the outside looking in more often than I care to remember,avoided all the fun things I would have loved to do( like water parks, 6 Flags, dances and so on) , never felt the people or things I wanted were reachable, had little real self -confidence but worst of all I was never free to be the real person I am inside. Fun loving, adventurous, and very expressive. I was always bright and had a great personality and.....such a pretty face ,always hearing the unspoken words if only you weren't so fat. People are often unkind no matter what age you are but at your age it is even harder. I may be 48 years Old but I remember well. The steps you are taking now to change how you look will keep you from most of this and I am so proud of you for doing something about it.You have to get your head in the right place Babe and keep focused but trust me you can do it. You can change your life and at your age life is so totally what you make it so make it wonderful. It won't happen overnight and sometimes no matter how good you are you will get stuck but that passes. Sometimes the body takes time to make real changes in how your body is functioning. The main thing is to be accountable and stick withit no matter what. There are so many success stories here. So many to help you. Knowing to reach out is a wisdom I had to learn late in life thank God you haven't. The whole world awaits you it can be so exciting and so much fun, a lot of challenges but so whats new, that is just real life. Each challenge is just a learning experience that helps us to blossum. Choose the best plan for you. Here on this board you will find super people who have been there and done that, who knows all the pitfalls and will help you each and every day. God Bless.
Pam
Old 07-12-2002, 02:13 AM   #8  
missaprylj

Pam- Thank you for the beautiful reply. It brought me to tears. Take care and God bless you. -Apryl

Old 07-12-2002, 07:49 AM   #9  
Old Cackler

Default apryl, honey, darlin..

something you said in your second thread caught my attention..

while we'll certainly help you in any and every way we can, i really and truly hope that you'll participate in all the other threads.. there's SOOOO much information and food for thought in them that it would be a terrible shame if you only checked this one.

these other threads give us all a chance to know each other, what's working for who, what's not working, where people face their biggest challenges, how they solve their problems, negotiate with their family who are trying to sabotage their efforts and on and on and on.

so, i'll be looking for you EVERYWHERE, and if i don't see you posting, you can expect a PM from me, with a lecture!!!! OK??? fair enough????

darlin... we WANT you to succeed because you have a REAL CHANCE for lifelong weight control. we didn't take advantage of it, but YOU CAN!!!

and by the way, where's that other young lady who posted last week? she said she was weak willed, and i haven't seen her since...

hmmmmmm do i feel a lecture coming on or what?????!!!!!!!

aaaaHAAAAAA!!!! i found her!! it was lyric, and she hasn't posted since last week!!! i PMd her.. and it was only a short lecture. polite, but a lecture nonetheless....

<sigh> it must be all this energy i have after losing all this weight!!!

Last edited by jiffypop; 07-12-2002 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:52 AM   #10  
JML
Success Story!!!

Hi there Apryl!

Welcome! You are so smart to tackle the weight problem now! I wish I had done that at your age, but of course it's never too late to make a good decision. I was overweight too at 14 but it wasn't until I was 27 that I knew it had to change. I'm 28 and still going at it - and will continue until I reach goal. We'll be losing together. You're not alone.

You can lose the weight Apryl. The firtst step is to want to, and I can tell that you do. But I don't think you have anything to apologize for. I don't think you're full of yourself at all. I think you're probably very sensitive, very careful not to hurt others, and have a beautiful heart.

The second step is to have a plan, and to get some support. Both are important. We're here at this board because we are all struggling to lose alot of weight and need each other to talk to for support and encouragement along the way. I'm glad you're reaching out, girl. We're rooting for you.
Closed Thread