Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2001, 06:19 PM   #1  

G'day all,
It is late here in Hong Kong, I have had a lovely time sending off some emails and having a read what you are all up to.
I thought Slavika would have been back by now, pleased to hear she is having a good time.
I am enjoying exploring the city but got a bit of a surprise today. There are very few toilets to be found so I don't drink as much water as I should but the occasion does still arise that I need to use one
I was getting a little desperate today when I spotted some public toilets when I went in there it was just a hole in the ground http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//spinning.gif I won't go into anymore detail, I am sure you can picture the scene
Other than that, Hong Kong is quite unbelievable coming from little ol' Adelaide in Australia . So many skyscrapers. I met someone who said the only other place where there are so many sky scrapers is Manhattan.
Tomorrow we are off to Macau, another island off the coast of China.
I think I am staying within my points, had some really good food but also some very ordinary food
It will be interesting to see what I weigh on my return. I joined the locals again for Tai Chi this morning, I really enjoy it. It must be very good for you, there are some quite elderly people doing it as well, they seem really flexible.
Dh is starting to turn out the lights, I think it must be time for me to sign off.
Cheers
Maria
Old 03-05-2001, 11:50 AM   #2  
Life Time 2001

Default hello

this is new. Dont like being called senior memeber. Need to change that for sure!
Old 03-05-2001, 01:13 PM   #3  

I am just trying this out. I think that I am very confused but what else is new? I couldn't remember my password. I think it was a blonde moment.
Old 03-05-2001, 03:13 PM   #4  
Super Surfer

Hi gals....this site looks really nice

Lily I am not happy being a "Senior Member" either, I will have to think up something else like you did.

What happened to Thread #99?

Did you check out the smilies, not as many as before, but a couple of cute ones I will have to try to fit into the conversation.

The spell check will come in handy.

Got to go and see what is new, I will check on you all later.....Trudy
Old 03-05-2001, 03:44 PM   #5  
Life Time 2001

I couldnt find thread 99 thats what I brought this one to the top. When I got here this
morning 97 was up on top and it really confused me. Even went back 20 days. Must of not gotten moved.
Old 03-05-2001, 07:54 PM   #6  
Super Surfer

Lily I have to know how you got that cute little Avatar? I NEED one of those too. Also, when someone has a little picture under their post, is that a signatue? I see that a lot and I have always wanted one of those too......where does one find the little pictures?
Old 03-05-2001, 08:30 PM   #7  
Life Time 2001

Default Heres a couple

http://www.animfactory.com/

http://www.allfree-clipart.com/

As for the Ones under the post that is in the signature. You need to use the BB codes for that. If you have one you need help with let me know

I have a couple for you two. Will send an email as soon as I get them.

I Really need to start using the spell check!

Last edited by LilyG; 03-05-2001 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-05-2001, 08:34 PM   #8  

hi all
will its been a while since I've posted but have been trying to come and read at least once a week.

Decided it was time to get back with it , so here I am . not sure where that is , will see if this gets to you all.

I check to show signature can't wait to see what it is.

bye for now lela
Old 03-05-2001, 11:45 PM   #9  
Net browser

Hi Everybody Well LILY if we don't find our lost thread should we just consider the next thread to be No. 99 (again)
Board looks nice tho, don't you think? I think I will have to take a computer course for slow learners to learn how to use the avatar/pictures feature. YIKES.
Smilies are sure cute. hee hee
Ok, looks like a lot of our gals did not find there way to our brand new board yet. Maybe tomorrow.
I'm with TRUDY I want a nice new name too just like our LILY has. AND a cute little avatar too. Never heard of that word in my entire life until today. I think I will like it almost as much as I like Lily's "ALAS".

Ok, it's beddie time for me, before I go, Hi there Lela, that was a pretty SMALL post you typed up. How are you doing, and what have you been up to.
Night all.
Old 03-06-2001, 12:07 AM   #10  
Super Surfer

Hi Lela, nice to see you back. What have you been up to?
Try as I might, I couldn't get an Avatar to work Lily. Thanks for sending me the addresses. I need to go to school to learn how to do the fun things. I thought of a name for myself, but forget where the spot is to change from a Senior Member. Oh well, tomorrow will have to do.

I hope the rest of the gals find us. It could get lonely with only the 4 of us posting.

I just noticed at the bottom of where we post the reply there is ATTACH FILE: - and a spot for VALID FILE EXTENSIONS: gif jpg txt....does that have something to do with placing an Avatar? Hmmmmmm???

Well, see you all tomorrow..Good Night
Old 03-06-2001, 01:10 AM   #11  

Hi all.

Just found my way here. It all looks different but change is good.

Well we've had quite a day. My husbands brother passed away this afternoon. So you can guess it's been busy at my house. All the arrangements have to be made by phone as brother lived in Jacksonville, Florida. DH's Sister is just too upset to even think . She has been caring for him for the last couple of years. Anyway the funeral is set for Sunday we will get there late Saturday. All of our fight arrangement were made way last fall. At least we will be there for SIL and we'll be able to get her through the first few weeks. It was a shock but not really unexpected as he had been sick. He was not in good health at all but over the weekend seemed to be getting better. Needless to say this is not the way we'd like to start our vacation.

Karen
Old 03-06-2001, 07:56 AM   #12  

Hi all, I think Lily should give all of us computer lessons. How about it Lily? I never heard of an Avatar either. It is snowing here today but not very much. So much for the nice weather we were having. Karen I am sorry to hear about your bil. It is still hard even when it is expected. I will say a prayer for all of you. I thought we were on Thread 99 too. I wonder where it went. Trudy my cassette player ate my tape over the weekend right in the middle of a good story. Haven't replaced it yet. I am doing a shampoo study this week. I will probably wash all the color out of my hair. So far I am down another 1lb- tomorrow is wi so I will know for sure. Have a good day all, Peggy
Old 03-06-2001, 10:01 AM   #13  
Life Time 2001

Ok All: If you have a picture you want to use as the Avatar. It needs to be on your computer somewhere. Then go into your profile. Click on Edit Options. Then go down to the very bottom where it says Avatar. And click on it. Once there Click where it says Use Custom Avatar "yes" Then Click where it says You can upload from your computer, on the browse button. Locate the image you want and double click on it. This should bring it into the box. Then you can click on Submit Modifacations.

To change the Text Underneath your user name. When in the Profile, Click on Edit Profile. Scroll down until you see "Custom User Text" Thats where it says Senior Member. Just erase it and type what you want then Click on the Submit Modifations at the bottom.
This is also where the Signature option is. You can use a smily there or and image but you will have to use the BB code to do it. If you click on the vB code it will give you some instructions. If you need help holler at me.

The browse button at the bottom when reply will just let you add and image if you want. Wont be there all the time. You would have to click on it each time you wanted the image to appear.

Lela: Good to see you back!

Slavika: The thread is gone I look all the back. We will just make the next one 100 as thats what it really is.

Karen: So sorry to hear about DH Brother. My thoughts are with you. Its still hard even tho it was expected.

Peggy: Good for you! Sounds like you will have a great WI!
Old 03-06-2001, 09:00 PM   #14  

Hi everyone,

I like the new board. it's nice to be able to scroll down and see the post . now I can remember (well look and see) who said what .
I need to find me one of those little guys like lily has, like the rest of you never heard of a avatar before.

school been going good, but it does get harder as I go I will change class again next week don't know yet what classes I'll have will find out Thursday.

beside school, I can't think of much that I have been doing, just the every day stuff.

My DD was home this week end and will be home again next week-end March is such a hard month for her with spring break, but she is doing better this year and I guess each year will get better, we just try and stay busy and not think to much. and I try to stay out of the kitchen an away from food. I haven't gain any more weight but then I haven't lost any either, so once I can get pass March I should be able to get back on the losing track once again.

KARON will be thinking about you and your family

guess i had best close for now don't know if i've ever wrote so much at one time

night all
lela
Old 03-06-2001, 09:06 PM   #15  
Super Surfer

Thanks for all the help Lily. You certainly know a lot about 'puters. I am trying to find a cute Avatar....work, work, work. I like the little guys you found.

Peggy glad to hear you are down 1 lb. You are on a roll. I have learned so much about 'puters here from these gals,.... much more than I got from a Night School Course. My cassette player had better not eat any of the Library tapes, I would hate to have to pay for one. Now you're on a Shampoo Study... do you just keep on going on one study after another? Sounds good to me.

Karen Really sorry to hear about your BIL. My prayers are with your family. This is not a good way to start your vacation, but at least you will be there for your SIL.

I saw Slavika today, and is she ever nicely tanned and healthy looking. She brought me back a freshwater pearl anklelet (I always wanted one) and scented sea shells. Dee came too and she is looking good.

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow...
Closed Thread