Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2000, 09:17 AM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Karen: Not to worry! I watched everything this past week just as closely as I always do. Im sure this .9 will be gone next week! Im wont let any more creep up on me and thats a promise! Im not ever gonna let that happen again. Thats how determined I am!

Josie: Good to see you! You sure have been keeping busy latey. Slow down girl!

Deelite: We will be thinking of you and passing good vibes your way. Im sure it is hard on DH and kids. But you will all come thru this with flying colors! Just know we are all praying for you and your family.

Geri: Happy Birthday! I dint forget I did send you a card! Hope you had a great day!
Old 10-08-2000, 01:34 PM   #2  
Super Surfer

Hi gals, it is really late here..1:18am and I am very tired, but I needed to unwind after my company left, so I came to see what's new.
Deelite... is a really sweet young gal with a young teenage family. She has a heart condition that needs some fixing. This surgery will be step 1 and there will be a possiblily of more work. But she is strong and has a lot of people pulling for her so I think she is going to come back full of promise. Her family is finding this all so hard. I am sure all your prayers are going to help.
Lela... The weather was really good today, none of that white stuff and the sun shone and the temp went up. However, come Dec and Jan we can box up the stuff my DH cleans from the driveway and ship you some, just so you don't forget what it looks like. He never knows what to do with the piles anyway. We are a hardy bunch here and I think that some of us are rather proud of extremes, it gives us something to talk about.
Josi..I love gumbo! How about a recipe? We get the frozen shrimp, but since we don't know the difference, we love it.
Karen...I am always looking for a l pt cookie, I think we need to see that recipe too. That is nice of you going to cheer up you cousin. Bring her all our good wishes for a recovery.
Geri...Happy Birthday..hope you had a lovely day and that this year will be great!
Lily...Love that determination you have, I am sure you will come down and stay down. WTG! It is good feeling in control. That is where I need a pep-talk.
Glenda...Contratulations on the test, I am so glad it came back good. This must take a lot of stress and worry off of you.
Donna...Did I read that you go to the prisons to visit the inmates? How long have you been doing this? I had a friend who used to do that, she would hold Bible studies with them.

I found out an interesting fact, the reason our Thanksgiving is earlier than those of you in the USA is because we are further north and our harvest is earlier. Our first Thanksgiving was in 1578, in Newfoundland, over 40 years before the Pilgrims landed.

Well, tomorrow is Church, my daughter is playing piano for the service, and after we are having people back for a Brunch, later on in the afternoon it is off to my Brother's place for more food. Oh, well, I will do the best I can and enjoy myself. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Goodnight all.....
Old 10-09-2000, 04:59 AM   #3  
donna p

Hi all. Deelite which province do you have to go to for your surgery? I certainly will be sending you good thoughts that day.

Trudy I have been going into the prisons for about 3yrs now - both men and womens but this last year just the womens. I do spiritual counselling etc. I didn't know the story of our first thanksgiving. Thanks for the update.

Lily you did fantastic on your holiday. I doubt I will do that good when I come back. Congratulations! You sound really in control.

We had a bit of rain today but my DH is outside now painting the garage doors. I went to the craft shop and bought some stencils and wooden boxes. I paint them up with fabric paints and stencil on them and give them away for christmas presents. They are very relaxing to work on. I thought tho' I would take a moment and check in here before starting.

Hope you all are having a good weekend. later ladies.........

------------------
((((hugs to all)))) donna...

15.8+2= 17.8 #'s to go......

Old 10-09-2000, 10:05 AM   #4  
Senior Chick

Happy Thanksgiving to my friends in Canada: Slavika, Trudy, Donna & Sue!
The weather is warm here but there is a bit of crispness in the air. Mornings are a little cooler and my car has frost on the windshield (wet frost- not ice) when I am racing out in the mornings.
Deelite you have my prayers too! There have been so many wonderful advancements in heart care and I know you will gain the benefit.
Glenda Great news! I know what those tests mean as we have experienced them with DH .
Lily Now that you are back we must set a time to meet in person! I envy Slavika & Trudy who see each other all the time.

Don't forget next fall we are all meeting in Branson! We should begin some serious planning some day soon! (of course we could go to Maui instead LOL)

I am sure glad September is over - it has been a strange month lots of body shape stuff (or re-shape) My clothes are all too big again but not much movement at the scale! I did lose 2.9 this week but it is a net 1.2 loss over the last wo weeks.

I feel so out of touch. I read almost everyday but I don't always get time to write. You are all in my thoughts & prayers.

Margot

------------------

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels
Old 10-09-2000, 09:35 PM   #5  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: You have determination to and I know you will keep your weight off. I think its hard for all of us. And even harder when you are at goal. Its a never ending story and something we will all have to deal with for the rest of our lives. Thanks for the bit about Thanksgiving. I didnt know that!

Donna: Your wooden boxes sound cute! I need to get busy and decide what Im going to do for Christmas. I always like to get things done early, so I dont have to worry about it!

Cal: Weigh to go on the loss! If your clothes are getting bigger thats a good sign. Not to worry about the slow loss. Course I dont think 1.2 a week is slow. You are doing awesome! When ever you want to get together is fine with me. You are busier then me so name the day and I will be there with bells on! Email me when you have a free moment and we will set it up!

Deelite: Thinking and praying for you!

Have a great day all!
Old 10-10-2000, 03:51 AM   #6  
Fun Blonde

Slavika - Thanks for the e:mail about Thanksgiving in Canada. Isn't it fun learning about a country through friends?

Lily - I am so very happy for you that you could go to Hawaii and have such a wonderful vacation and only gain .9 pounds. Sounds like you used a little bit of common sense. There were so many years that I lost weight for a vacation, bought new clothes, and ate so much that after the first day I couldn't wear any of them.

My sister has gone on 3 vacations (she's retired) this summer and lost every single time. She has lost 50.5 pounds and looks so good. She is now literally afraid to eat anything that she can't count the points. Hope she relaxes a little eventually.

Yesterday I bought some hay, pumpkins, and corn stalks and have a cute little arrangement in my front yard. I love doing this--when I had kids I didn't--no time and no money. Being "Grandma" sure is fun.
Glenda
Old 10-10-2000, 10:39 AM   #7  
Life Time 2001

Glenda: Been there, Done that. To many times. I had several struggles while I was gone so dont get me wrong. I just picked myself up and got right back on the very next meal. I have just learned to control my desires. We all do

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 10-10-2000).]
Old 10-10-2000, 10:48 AM   #8  
Net browser

HI EVERYBODY
GERI I see Saturday was your birthday, I hope you had a great day and belated birthday wishes.
CAL WTG with the weight loss~~~you are truly doing a good job.
JOSIE I have never made gumbo. When you get a chance please post it for us.
I had a very nice week-end at the lake. Dinner yesterday was great. My friend did up a turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, roasted tuber vegs with maple syrup and cabbage rolls. For dessert we had pumpkin pie, lemon pie and a couple of other desserts that I brought for the occasion. She didn't feel like making turkey soup so gave me the turkey bones and a good portion of the left over turkey and I made soup when I got home today. I need something light for dinner tomorrow after all the eating I did over the weekend. It's my WW day tomorrow, I'll decide in the morning whether I will go and face the music or not. LOL.
GLENDA your yard sounds nice. I just put a few things out but my son and DIL have lots and lots of pumpkins, in all different sizes in their yard, with bales of hay and corn stalks. All the trees are losing their leaves now, in fact on the way to the lake the snow that fell did not melt and was still on the ground today when we came home. Yikes, this is too early for snow. HELLO TRUDY I know you had a Thanksgiving dinner today, hope it went well and you enjoyed your guests. Talk to you tomorrow. Night everybody.

Old 10-11-2000, 11:45 AM   #9  

Thought I'd get this thread back to the top. Don't like to have to look for it.

Well it looks like everyone is very busy.

The trip to see my Aunt and Cousin went well they were glad to see us. My cousin is confined to her bed at the moment her legs will not support her . The doctors are not sure why. I think its going to go back to the Brain tumor she had 12 years ago. Maybe when she had the radiation treatment it did some more damage that what was thought at the time. Anyway its very hard on my Aunt who is taking care of her and my cousins 12 year old daughter. My aunt looks very tired she is 72 or 73 I'm not sure.

Got to go to bed.

Karen
Old 10-11-2000, 08:59 PM   #10  

Karen - I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. A friend of ours had so much radiation damage that he ended up with a colostomy last week. Being a caregiver can be very hard on a person.
Glenda - Glad you got such good news on your test results! Your yard sounds pretty. Fall is my favorite time of year and I love to decorate.
Margot - Be glad for your loss, even a small one is better than a gain.
Josie - turkey soup sounds yummy. Haven't had that since last Nov.

It's been an interesting few days. We went to my boss's funeral on Friday (she was 54). Then on Monday we had a memorial service at the nursing home for her so the residents could attend, followed by a brunch. Had a meeting at my house Mon. night. The gals didn't leave til 10:30! Last night I taught women how to be Girl Scout leaders (3 hr. class). This was the first of 4 that I have to do this month. And tonight I have my troop meeting. This weekend we (the troop) are camping at a Rondezvous. I like to be busy, but this is rediculous
I didn't weigh in this week. Hopefully by next Monday I'll be back where I was weight-wise. Has anyone noticed that as soon as you begin to lose weight, everything you do revolves around food? It seems like every meeting I go to has a "little" lunch (translated dessert) involved The "Just Say No" doesn't always work for me. I have banned sweets from my house for a while now 'cause I can't leave them alone.
Thanks for letting me unload. I'm tired and just realized I'm sitting here having a pity party and it's only 9:00am. I apologize to you all.
Have a wonderful, water-logged Wednesday

;9
Old 10-12-2000, 01:23 AM   #11  
Fun Blonde

Doxie- Wow, when you say busy, you mean BUSY! Sounds like you have a right to bemoan (never used that word before) the fact that you have had no time to yourself. Maybe you should declare a holiday for yourself. I used to do that, but since cancer, I have not pushed myself like that and it has gotten pretty easy to say, "No."

I had a pretty teary day yesterday. The night before the sheriff called us and said that the DA had decided not to charge the kid who stabbed my son Cody last summer. The reason? Cody can't remember the actual stabbing. But there was an eye witness who saw the stabbing motion but not the knife. Anyway, it just seems as if Cody's life is not worth much and it is certainly teaching the kid the wrong lessons. Actually, bottom line, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference to us. His medical bills should be taken care of by a Victim's Rights grant. Just has left us with a sad feeling anyway.
Glenda
Old 10-12-2000, 04:51 AM   #12  
Net browser

HI EVERYBODY I just phoned DEELITE's Mother and she has heard from Dee's husband. The surgical procedure on her heart was from 8:00AM until Noon. Apparently they were able to fix all but one vein which was too deep into her heart. The doctor said they did what they could. They were afraid to go after that one vein because she might have ended up with having to have a pace maker.
They go into the heart with an electrode through the artery in the neck and "zap" these veins. (I know I am giving a very poor explanation as to what she had done, but I don't really understand the procedure.)
She'll explain it to us when she gets back. Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers for our friend. I know they helped.
I'll talk to you all later.
Old 10-12-2000, 05:03 AM   #13  
Life Time 2001

Karen: So sorry to hear about your cousin. Im sure it is really hard on your Aunt. Its is hard to take care of so much.

Doxie: Boy you have had a lot going on. Hope things slow down for you soon!

Glenda: How sad. Hard to believe even with a witness they still didnt charge the kid. Unbelievable! But I guess if know knife was actually seen. Still just doesnt seem right to me.

Slavika: So Glad the operation is over for Deelite. Hope it all works out. Keep us posted. My thoughts and prayers are still with her and her family.

Have a great day all
Old 10-12-2000, 09:09 AM   #14  
Flying Fingers

Hi Everyone,
Well, the first seasonal chicken, sausage gumbo was delicious (this is not something to eat in warm weather). Tonight I fixed a big pot of chili. No cooking for me for the rest of the week! The gumbo recipe will be hard to put together, as it is one of those that I've just learned to throw together without measuring. I'll see if I can get it written up for you.
Glad to hear Deelite's surgery went well. Isn't it amazing what doctors can do now! Hope she'll be back and moving at full speed soon.
Glenda: I'm sorry y'all are experiencing some more emotional times regarding Cody's stabbing. Wonder if someone "pulled strings" or what. Does he ever see the fellow that did it to him? Cody is doing okay, isn't he? He may have to just forgive the guy and go on -- easier said than done, I know.
My daughter has one more week to weigh in before she becomes Lifetime. I've slacked off on my program. Consequently, I haven't been weighing in. I refuse to go if I think I won't have a loss. Why does this seem to happen every time? I get content with those 8 pounds lost. My clothes get comfortable and I slack off. I still have 10# to go to goal. Just getting lazy about staying OP.
I spent most of today upgrading my virus scan on both computers. What an ordeal. Run into one little problem and it takes hours to get it worked out. Anyway all is up and running now.
Cal: It was good to hear from you. It had been awhile. Hope you and Lily can meet soon.

Will "see" you all later.
Josie
Old 10-12-2000, 11:27 AM   #15  
Net browser

Hi Everybody I had my usual Wednesday out with my friend today. I bought a couple of small chocolate treats for my grandbabies Halloween Bags and then a whole bunch of non-edible stuff. They get so much candy that I try to give them other treats.
JOSIE & ALL YOU GALS I got an e-mail from a friend today saying there's another computer virus out there that comes in our e-mails saying "We have a virtual flower for you". When you open it up you get the virus. She said do not open it, but delete it immediately. Its sad to think that people have nothing better to do with their time then to plant a virus.
GLENDA I am so sorry that the fellow that stabbed Cody will not be charged. How is Cody doing now and what is he doing? Just try to put all that behind you since it looks like nothing more can be done. The fellow that hurt Cody is not worth anymore of your time or energy.
Have any of you got a serger. I bought mine in 1989 and wondered if they made the new ones easier to thread. Geez I hate threading that thing. Everytime I have to change the color of my threads, trust me when I tell you that God and I have a lengthly conversation. Mostly I do the talking. (Ok, the begging)
I bought "cuddle satin" to make some nighties for friends and PJ's for my Son. I already made 2 pairs of PJ's for my Son in the past years and he sure loved them. Recently he told me he's worn them so much, "the cuddle is gone right out of the satin." For those of you who may not know what that fabric is, it's a satin with a thin fleece like stuff in the inside. I think sometimes the stores call it "cuddle skin". I got black for him. I might end up with some left over fabric so I'll make my grandson a matching pair.
DOXIE you sure are a busy lady. LILY have you adjusted to being back home, or are you still on Hawaii time?
TRUDY hi, how are you doing? I guess tomorrow is the day you spend with your Mother. Talk to you all soon. Night.
Closed Thread