Old 03-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #1  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 300(+).not sure. 160

Height: 5'4"

Default Richard Simmon's

IDK if there was a thread started about this, and there are 41 page's of threads. I'm sure I'm not the first to say it, but I LOVE Richard Simmon's and his DVD's!! I only have the Sweatin' to the Oldies, but plan to get more.
There is something about him that is just soooo inspiring, and it feels like he knows who I am. I love watching the endings, because it shows real people and how much they have lost. Anyways, I just wanted to know if there was any fan's out there, and if you have a success story of your own by watching his tapes/dvd's.
CrazyHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: S 299/C 247/G 140

Height: 5'6"

Hi fellow Richard Simmons follower,
I too really like Richard Simmons. Some people say he is too off the wall for them or too weird, but I disagree. He makes me laugh, he makes me feel good about myself, and he is kind and caring. I guess the thing I like about him the most is that he is sincere. I too am using Richard's sweating to the oldies tapes and just ordered some of his other, out of print, vhs tapes from amazon. I am hoping by having a nice selection I will always feel motivated to use them.
Richard Simmons has a nice website. If you join his clubhouse it does run around $10 a month but offers some nice perks, including a emails and such from Richard.
Take care
Candy
CandaceG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #3  
ugggg.....

I have several Richard Simmons exercise vhs tapes. I still pop one in from time to time. I could never do them when the kids were home--they would hear his voice and come running to make their commentary--they would make me laugh so hard there was no doing the actual exercising.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #4  
300+ Chick

I had lost weight with his old deal a meal plan back in the 80s. I also was doing his videos, have about a dozen videos by him, foodmover, deal a meal and his bio book,motivational tapes. Just now, could not afford his website.

He's one positive, full of energy fitness guru!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #5  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I've liked Richard Simmons from way back. Wore out my VHS tapes but got Blast & Tone and Disco Sweat DVDs. Hey...where are those DVDs? I'm going to go look for them and try them out. I certainly could use some Blasting & Toning!!!

Thanks for the reminder!

p.s. On another note, have you noticed that Richard seems rather old & tired in his appearances on TV? Yeah, he is older and deserves to be tired after all these years but he looks sad.
mizski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #6  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

I have 8 of his videos, and they are great. I really do adore Richard. My favorite would have to be Dance Your Pants Off. It really is a blast, and I always feel so great when I am done.

Last edited by SweetCurves32; 05-02-2009 at 09:46 PM.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #7  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Lol it's funny you mentioned this. For some reason I was thinking about dusting off some Richard Simmon's videos I had tucked away on my shelf today! He's great! He has so much energy and a positive attitude!
butterflygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 112kg 247 lbs/90kg/67kg 147lbs

Height: 5'3'' 160 cm

Hi,
To me.... Richard is simply the best...
Ten years ago a friend of mine sent me his 2 VHS tapes : Disco Sweat and Tone&Sweat...I "fell in love" at the first sight :-))).... He is so funny , positive and motivating. At the time I was around 230 lbs (5'3'') and was going bigger every day. Every other tape was made with skinny ,athletic, good looking girls and guys .It seamed to me that I was never be able to do the same work out as them, so didn't even tried. Richard tapes were first tapes where overweight people was actually doing the work out. It was so motivating for me ,and after one year I was at 160 lbs. I kept my weight for 3 years , but then I stoped working out , thinking that my batlle is over. Needless to say, I have gained 40 lbs back. Btw. I still have the tapes and old VCR so I'm going to start the batlle again...:-)))...
I'm from Europe, and would like to know if his DVD's are available for sale somewhere in Europe. I can't order from his site becuse in US have different DVD standards and DVD's are not compatible with DVD players in Europe ...

Last edited by Nell68; 05-09-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Nell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 285/285/130

Height: 5ft 4in

I loved doing Sweating to the Oldies. About 7 years back I lost 40 pounds in 3 months doing one of the three workouts 5 times a day. Sadly I was dumb and through out the tapes when my boyfriend made fun of me for doing them. I realize now that I should have thrown out the boyfriend and keept the tapes. I am hopefully going to reinvest in some of Richards DvDs
blue fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Anyone that is not motivated by Richard Simmons is obviously beyond help.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 112kg 247 lbs/90kg/67kg 147lbs

Height: 5'3'' 160 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Anyone that is not motivated by Richard Simmons is obviously beyond help.
People must be dead to not be motivated by him

Last edited by Nell68; 05-22-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Nell68 is offline   Reply With Quote