Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 12:29 AM   #1  

Post #156 Our Journey

Sorry Jen (lol). I know this is usually your job, hope I'm not stepping on any toes, but I am up late or early ( 12:28am) so I thought I would just start this now since it is Friday.

Yesterday was an Ok day for me. I have to work on my food, but I was able to get to the gym and mow part of the front yard. I also drank a good amount of water. More then I have been drinkin gin a while.

I hope you all read my thread on carbs and prot. and answer me well!!, lol.

I need the advice. I have been loosing but not fast at all. Only about a pound a week. The people at the gym say that is good, but I would like it to be at least 2lbs a week. I want to start to see some results. I'm getting to the point of giving up. Not on the gym workout, just the food thing. I was going to talk to the people at WW and maybe join that. That would give me a little variety in my diet. I think that is my problem.

Thanks for listening,
Bella23
Old 05-24-2002, 10:15 AM   #2  

Oh, Happy Day, Happy Day! It's finally Friday, and bettwe yet, it's pay day, and better yet, it's Friday before a long weekend, and better yet, IBM is going to close early which means I can leave and maybe go buy something cute to wear over the weekend and better yet it's a beautiful day outside. Okay, I'll stop now with my better yets..LMAO.

bella, Silly..your NOT stepping on MY toes. I LOVE when ppl start new threads. It's not my job..we all run this board together.I can't stand threads that are a mile long, so a new thread to me, is a very good thing. So, thank you! About your weightloss..girl..your losing INCHES. Your working out and working hard. Sure, the lbs aren't coming off quickly, but your still going in the right direction and you've been doing excellent. Keep your chin up and keep doing what you've been doing.

Should I attempt to try the Boca burgers? Are they low carb at at all? Something about the idea of them..don't make my mouth wet. lol

Hope everyone has a wonderful long weekend..ENJOY!
Old 05-24-2002, 10:24 AM   #3  
Losin It For GOOD!

Anyone can start a new one of these threads Just make sure that you put a post at the end of the old one so everyone knows where to go.

Well its friday. AND its Memorial Day weekend. I'm really relieved because my dad decided to stop at the IKEA near him on his way home, so we don't have to go to new jersey!

Got a few more boxes packed last night... but mostly rearranged all the stuff on the screened in porch so I can start putting the packed up boxes out there. The back room was filling up fast. So we'll get a lot of packing done this weekend, so I can start relaxing.

No big plans this weekend, mostly just hanging out. So I can avoid the temptations of lots of food. I'm sure we'll end up at mom and dad's on Sunday to do laundry and maybe go for a swim if its warm enough.. but other than that we are just staying at home, so it should be wonderful.
Old 05-24-2002, 10:26 AM   #4  
Losin It For GOOD!

BOCA Burgers -

I too was skeptical. I am a steak and potatoes girl. BOCA is the first non-meat product I actually like.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU GO INTO EATING THEM without the expectation that they will taste like a hamburger. THey don't. But they are very good in their own right.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:02 AM   #5  

I'm sorry Beth, I cant stand BOCA burgers. To start with they have a HORRIBLE!!! smell, and to me the taste isn't much better. My mother in law, on the other hand, loves them. I guess it's just a personal thing, lol.

I give credit to anyone who likes them.

My mother in law has a great recipie for vegi burgers, but I do know they arn't low carb. The carbs in them are what holds everything to gether. They use a pasta called cus-cus(i hope that is how it's spelled???).

Today I am really feeling the abb workout I did yesterday. My whole mid section hurts right now, lol, but it kinda feels good. I will be going to the one on Tue. I have to finish mowing the yard today, I have the hard part left, it's all sloped!!! And I have been getting my house in order. It's so bad right now, I feel like such a slob! O'well. No matter how hard I work my kids seem to make it look bad in no time at all!!

Jen, you will have to tell us what you get that is cute for the weekend. I love to get new clothing!!

This weekend shouldn't be to hard for me. I have nothing planned except to take my girls to see the movie "Spirit" and maybe take my oldest to see "Spider Man". We'll see.

I'll post again later about how my day went.

Bella23
Old 05-24-2002, 12:03 PM   #6  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

I LOVE Boca burgers, but I like Morningstar Grillers better, yuuuummmy! The ultimate best is Boca Bratwurst though...mmmm-mmmm! Oooh, or maybe Gardenburger Riblets... if you haven't tried them, TRY THEM! Anyways... I'm back, had a decent week, ate some things I probably shouldn't have, BUT didn't beat myself up over it... holding steady at my last weigh in weight, which is a good thing, because it's that TOM, and if the water weight isn't making me weigh more, doesn't it stand to reason that I may have lost a couple pounds? hehe, I can hope anyway. Back on my normal workout schedule now, and I'm going to adjust my calorie intake now, raise it a little bit for the next 2 weeks, see if I feel better, and see if I still lose... I got some womens vitamins, they're like the GNC Womens Super-Mega, they make me feel really good, and I'm not taking the handful of pills every morning, it's all in 2 little pills so maybe between all of it, I'll be REALLY back to myself... well, Off for a while to get the kiddie ready to go away for the weekend.
Old 05-24-2002, 01:13 PM   #7  
Zap
Fat Zappin' in Progress

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I will have to go shopping in the Boca section tonight it seems. I have been using alot of "turkey" products instead of beef. It is good and all, but I could use a little more of a variety. Thanks girls for giving me the the ambition to try something new.

PNG I was just thinking about vitamins myself. I thought perhaps since I'm on the "do it yourself" diet, I'm probably not getting the nutrition I should be. I've heard alot of people say how much better they feel after taking them, so perhaps it's time I give them a try. I was thinking of a good multi-vitamin....Any recommendations?

Bella hang in there! You're doing good and losing a pound a week is very healthy way to do it.

As far as the weekend, well mom is having her normal family cookout and like every year they will all suprise me a cake lol (my b-day is tuesday) So I'm going to have this planned. I'm taking turkey brats with me, I'm only eating a little of moms DELICIOUS homemade potatoe salad, and only 1 small square of cake AND I'm taking my Water!!!!

I'm really hoping the weather will be nice enough to go for a walk or play frisbee or to do something afterwards, because that potatoe salad has me a bit worried

ICK work calls .. time to go...*grumbles*

Take Care.......Traci
Old 05-26-2002, 08:13 PM   #8  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I have not seen any Boca products at the supermarket I usually go to. Any Canadians around that can point me to a place that carries them?

I tried another brand veggie/tofu flavoured chicken burger which wasn't bad but ultimately decided that I would rather spend the points on the real deal.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Take care.
Old 05-27-2002, 07:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/327/250

Height: 5'5

Default vitamins

I'm a vitamin freak and have researched into the best ones. The most complete seems to be Centrum Vitamins. But there are other combos out there with higher amounts of specific ones if you know you are lacking in certain areas. Just a note about vitamins I'm not sure everyone knows. Don't take your vitamins on an empty stomach. Mulit's contain water soluable and fat soluable vitamins. Water soluables are readily digested and can be taken with just water. Fat soluable's need something to bind to so make sure you take it with a meal that has at at least a little fat in it in order for your body to digest it. Otherwise it will just pass right through your system.

Sarah.

PS my vote is for the Morning Star brand of meat replacements. I was a vegetarian for 10 years and loved them. You can also get a product at the health food store called TVP. It is Texture vegetable protein made from soy. Its kind of a flavorless dry substance that you put in water to reconstitute. The great thing about it is it absorbs whatever flavor you add to it and it has the texture of ground round. I would reconstitute it with beef bullion and use it in chilli's and to make meat sauces. I would cook with it for years and my non veggie friends could never tell and would be surprised when I told them what it was.
Old 05-27-2002, 09:17 AM   #10  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

My vote is for Garden burgers... flame grilled. 2pts each! very filling. I just throw them on my George Foreman. We have them atleast once a week.

Dana

ps. Jen.. Loblaws sell "to good to be true" products. I know they have soy burgers and hotdogs. The burgers are 110 calories each.
I miss shopping in that store sooooo bad. If I was ever to move back to Canada it would be for that reason
Old 05-27-2002, 10:05 AM   #11  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Welp, back again, after a hectic holiday weekend, so much for relaxing, huh? We ended up having a picnic yesterday, had lots of beach games to play, frisbee, volleyball, so on, but, unfortunately, there's what passes for a lake here there, and Ravyn made a break for it everytime she thought she could, so I sucked it up and volunteered to be baby wrangler... I DID however get on the swings, and for the first time in 2 years, the sides didn't dig into my hips and make me cry...whoohoo, guess that's my consolation for being 3 pounds up this morning...just the same as when I lost, I know it's a lot of water, but, it still showed up... therefore, no excuses, it's counted, going in my fitday, signature, and website...waaaah! I do have to say though, I didn't exactly behave myself yesterday... so I deserved to see a gain today...ha, scare me back into submission.

Zap, as for vitamins, the one's I'm using now are pretty good, Nature's Origin Maximum Womens, it's a multivit with minerals and whole nutrients, yeast free, no dairy, no gluten, sodium free, and no preservatives.... Another REALLY good one, but also VERY expensive is Source of Life, I had incredible amounts of energy when I took those, and my skin and eyes were clearer than with regular OTC vitamins. Come to think of it, my skin is looking better now too...hmmm, wonder if that has to do with the vits...
Old 05-27-2002, 05:13 PM   #12  

Well today is day 2 on my new weight loss journey and I'm doing great. I have been able to eat what I want (just at different times) Yesterday I could really tell I was a carb addict!!!!!

I didn't do much today other then fight with the kiddies. I got all ready for the gym and even went to find out that the daycare was closed. Not good for me!! But I plan on doing a Sweating to the Oldies tape this evening when my kids are asleep. Tomorrow I am going to do my Ab workout and step along with my weights. I should be very sore tomorrow evening!!!

I also want to give every one a word of advice, if you haven't tried them don't get the new peanutbutter and choc. oreo cookies. They are WAY to addictive. It was STUPID for me to get them. O'well we all make mistakes.

Again I'm glad your back PNG 2. We all need your wisdome, lol.

Slimdown, I will have to try them. I didn't like the boca burgers but haven't tried the garden burgers. But on my new diet, I can eat the real thing. So they would have to taste REAL good for me to choose them over the real thing.

Zap, Good job on your self controll at your moms cookout! I don't know if I could have been so good.

Mgs, It may sound funny, but a good multi vit is the prenat. vit. You can get them in Walmart and they make me feel GREAT. I'm not pregnant but they have all the good stuff in them and make my body feel great.

If I missed anyone, I'm sorry, I'll catch up later.

Have a great day,
Bella23
Old 05-27-2002, 06:49 PM   #13  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Bella -

About five years ago, I joined a gym. Over the course of three months, I only lost three pounds but I went from a size 16 to a size 12. It was all about getting rid of the fat lurking in my butt and thighs and building muscle.

Does your gym have a body fat tank? (You know, it's one of those things that look like a giant aquarium. They weigh you in the water and out of the water, and compute your body fat using the difference.) If not, I'll bet they have a set of body fat calipers. Have them measure your body fat once a month, and use that as another guide to your weight loss.

Hope it helped,
Old 05-27-2002, 09:05 PM   #14  

Jennelle,

No my gym doesn't have anything like that. They measure and weigh me once a month. I weigh myself once a week. Tell me, how does that tank tell your % of body weight? That sounds interesting!!!

Today was a 95% op day. I need to increase my water and I had 4 oreo cookies. They are all gone now so no more craving!!! But other then that, I had a great day. We'll see how tomorrow goes!

Bella23
Old 05-27-2002, 11:55 PM   #15  
Zap
Fat Zappin' in Progress

Hello Everyone... How was your Memorial Day?

The cookout today was a ton of fun, I overate but oh well I also did alot of moving. I went and played 4 rounds of disc golf.. its a cross between frisbee and golf... strange but fun and there is alot of walking involved. I also went on 2 shorter bike rides with the kids and my sister (she was the one that pooped out) cheers for me Then of course us girls had to hit the flea market and spend some money on worthless crap.. so we did some walking there as well. Plus we played a little baseball.. yup I'm exhausted *snore*

Well Bella your words of wisdom on the Oreos came a little to late. I bought some for the kids and of course I just HAD to try one.. I only had that one, but they are up in the cupboard calling to me as we speak..

Thanks for the recommendations on vitamins everyone... I had picked up Centrum and they do make me feel better, I was surprised to say the least, but now I have a couple more options to try and pick what works the best.

As for now, I must carry my butt up the stairs one last time today before I'm found snoozin at the computer with the letters of the keyboard imprinted into my forhead.

Traci
Closed Thread