Old 02-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/240/150

Height: 6'1

Default MF bars, allowed more then one?

with the NEW mf bars, you are allowed more than one in a day right, because they are so simple to just grab and go, i wish i could just eat 5 of those a day lol.
spiritmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #2  
MF'er

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'2" (5'3" on a big hair day)

you can only have 1 a day of the old bars, in the green wrapper.

you can eat more than one of the crunch bars, in the yellow wrapper. Some people do only eat the bars all day long. I don't know how healthy that is though.
MsFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/150/135

Height: 5'4"

I eat 5 of the crunch bars a day (the ones with 110 calories) because I'm a bit scared to try the other foods. I think the maintenance bars are the ones you can only have one of per day... because they are higher in carbs/cals.
onesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #4  
Winning the losing game

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesy View Post
I eat 5 of the crunch bars a day (the ones with 110 calories) because I'm a bit scared to try the other foods. I think the maintenance bars are the ones you can only have one of per day... because they are higher in carbs/cals.

The other foods are great - even the oatmeal.

My favorite "other" foods are all the soups, especially the seafood one; the shakes are great (try mixing them with a diet soda instead of water). In fact, there really isn't any one food that I hate.

You just have to get a little creative and spice/season things up.
littlebigtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #5  

I agree with 'littlebigtex'. Eating all bars is allowed, but you might get bored with just eating those. The oatmeals ARE good, as well as Chix wild Rice soup. I do not like the shakes, as I find them gritty, no matter how I mix them, so I have eliminated them, and once in awhile have the RTD shakes. The rest of my menu comes from Wonderslim, as their shakes/pudding mixes are very good and a snap to mix. I am all for 'easy'! Also, as many Medifast members have said in the past--yes, this is my second go-round, that certain supplements we couldn't stand in the beginning, wind up being our 'faithful friends'. So, experiment and find the supps that you enjoy the most. Makes it easier to stay on the Plan if you like what you are eating! Best of luck in your journey!
sunnywarmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:17 PM   #6  

I've been eating mostly the bars... I started using shakes yesterday, and out of three flavors I only like one (swiss mocha- I don't like the strawberry or banana). I do have some bathroom issues just using the bars, which is why I tried adding in some shakes, but I don't particularly like them as much, and I don't find them as satisfying. You can have up to five of the new crunch bars a day.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:02 AM   #7  

Hi, All! I'm on my second Medifast order and customized it with the stuff I loved best out of my first order! The Chocolate Mint bars and Chocolate Peanut Butter bars are awesome! I love anything chocolate so the shakes are great. I blend mine up with ice and water so it's more than just the 8oz of water and much more filling and substantial, KWIM?

You can eat five of the yellow wrapper crunch bars. I actually got more of those and the chocolate shakes this time since I'm such a choc-o-holic. Oh! If you haven't tried the Cappucino, you've got to do that! I didn't order any the first time and then a friend of mine gave me some of hers and I LOVED it!! I mix it with ice and water and drink it cold but you can drink it hot too. Soooooo good!

Good luck to everyone! I lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks and then went on maintence for three weeks to see if I could do it. It works! I'm getting back on next week when my new order arrives. I have 20 more to lose. 120, here I come!
OnMyWayDown09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #8  

I am also a chocoholic. One thing I really miss is dark chocolate. I used to eat those Lindt 85% bars. I also love the Cappuccino- I was pleasantly surprised!
Old 05-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Height: 5'5

I'm also a chocoholic.I think the bars actually help alot.I haven't tried anything but the mint but think I'll try something different with my next order.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #10  

LOL! Life just isn't life without chocolate, is it?!! I keep ordering the peanut butter ones over again. Tried the strawberry, just so so. Like everybody, I am so happy that they came out with these bars. Great portability, for sure! Congrats to everyone on their losses, and continued success is wished for you!
sunnywarmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:40 AM   #11  

I adore the caramel crunch medifast bars. My favorite for sure. I like the others too except the strawberry crunch bars. I have 5 left of them and will probably have them for a loooong time.

I do use the ones in the green wrapper too, on the days I do the tredmill, I burn off over 700 calories and I figure I am justified in having one then! lol

One thing I cant do without, and that is the Medifast healthmate blender. I use to use the shaker jars and YUCK. The blender blends the shakes to a smooth and frothy consistancy that is out of this world. I add ice too and you wouldnt believe the difference in taste from shaker jar to blender. Very dramatic difference!
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote