Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2002, 11:23 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default A LONG weekend (in Canada at least)

Morning ladies,

Sorry I haven't be on in a while, my life has been nuts as of late and I don't have internet access at work thus I can't communicate there. I have found a new place to live so I can move out of downtown Ott, to a nice townhouse in the suburbs for a pretty decent price (I move in 2 weeks!). Other than that my job is doing well, btu I am still getting used to being the young new gal at the office (it's weird suddenly having guys 20 years older than you as colleagues). Diet wise I haven't been perfect, but I have been sick for the past couple of weeks with a cold which kind of sucks but oh well what can I do. I gotta get started jogging regularly again and stuff, but at least my clothes are fitting really well. My dad is also having health problems which have been stressing me out.... I am 24, I don't like the fact I am dealing with parental health problems already, but what can I do other than be supportive and the best daughter I can be and love my dad.... Basically I am telling you all this now, if you need motivation to stay in shape or get into shape, do it for your kids or your future kids!!!! That should be enough of an incentive, my dad is starting to take care of his health, but I am still really worried about him . Mom's doing okay, she weighs less than me now!! She got her 120lb ribbon from WW last week! Isn't she awesome!
Take Care!

Ali
Old 05-18-2002, 06:42 PM   #2  

Hey Ali,

You are always so inspirational! I know how you feel about parents' health problems. My mother is seriously obese and I don't know how much longer her body will be able to take it. Ah well, not something fun to think about

I have been sick all weekend - I'm pretty sure I have strep throat. I have a fever and I can't even swallow it hurts so bad. All I can really eat are popsicles and a little soup. I definitely will NOT be making it to the gym! I haven't yet talked to the boy I've been smooching - I'll feel really bad if I passed this along to him! Hopefully this will be over tomorrow because there is no way possible I can miss work this coming weel - I am supposed to be working 10-11 hour days as it is. I am taking painkillers I had leftover from a toothache and they make me pretty loopy I slept over 12 hours last night and have been napping all day. This must be my punishment for being all wild and crazy last week

OK, I think I may have to go try to eat something solid, my stomach is yelling at me! I may try to post again later since I won['t be going out tonight If anyone is out there, feel free to join me
Old 05-19-2002, 02:14 AM   #3  
Canadian Chick

Hey girls!

Anybody doing anythign fun for the long weekend? We're actually having some pretty nice weather here too-except its super windy! I'm wide awake hoping that I can make myself sleepy by sitting here in the dark in front of my computer. So far it has been an extremely busy weekend. I spent all day Friday with my Uncle at the hospital. Then after I'd been home an hour I got a call that they had decided to release him! So there was a whole bunch of hoohaw with that. Finally about midnight we got him settled here. He lives 2.5 hours away & needed someone to drive him home. Then I spent part of today caring for him, then my Aunt, his sister came to drive him home & then I got more company-my Dad, his wife & my little brother. My uncle lives by himself on an acreage with no phone so we're all worried about him being out there by hinslef. He is insisting that there will be lots of people around to check on him etc but its pretty worrisome. I hope he changes his mind after spending tonight there by himself. I had a good visit with my Dad & crew. THey ended up leaving around 7 tonight. They are supposed to stop on their way through when they head home on Monday-hope so My little brother is such a sweetheart We have lots of fun-I'm really a big kid at heart. Late on Monday my Mom is supposed to arrive. She is staying a whole week. THe plan is to finish sewing my wedding dress. I am really worried that I won't like how I look in it. Keep your fingers crossed. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get a bunch of yardwork done & some little wedding details. Less than six weeks away! I wonder how Lolly is coming with ehr wedding? Its super close now So I still haven't caught up on posts but I think I managed to read most of them this past week. Hope you are all doing great!

Ali, that is so awesome about your Mom's achievement! You two are quite an inspiration! Have fun with moving. Are you moving in with people or are you going to be on your own?

Poor Lexxy! Hope you're feeling better! Take care of your self sweetie!

Talk to you all later

-Rina
Closed Thread