Old 01-28-2009, 11:49 PM   #1  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default depressed...

geesh just last week I wrote a thread asking if I was losing too fast and now all of a sudden for the past 4 days I've gained 2.5 lbs in 4 days! Is this normal? I'm not due to get T O M for another 2 weeks so I don't think it's that.. I've been eating exactly how I regularly eat- with the exception I have been a little under calorie averaging about 1300-1400 ( I didn't plan that it just kinda came out that way)and I normally average 1400-1600- I figured If I up'd my calories again it would fall back off to yesterday I ate about 1700 to keep my body guessing. and then this morning It said I had gained another pound... and I weighed myself right after I went to the bathroom same time of day that I always do.. and hadn't eaten or drinking anything yet.. and as always wearing nothing... SO I just don't know what it could be.. I'd even be ok if I was at a plateau and had just maintained my weight and not lost.. but gaining some back.. really sucks!

Before I only used to used to weigh myself once a week- but then a few weeks ago I decided I'll weigh in every day- So I can see how my body acts each day.. is a 2.5 increase normal with in a 4 day range? considering all the above info? I know I shouldn't feel discouraged and it's only been 4 days.. but it just sucks that the work I put into losing those lbs feels wasted.. who knows maybe in a few days I'll suddenly drop 3-4 thats would be nice! heres to hoping that's the case
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:01 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Scale fluctuations = totally normal. Have you seen this sticky thread?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115826
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:32 AM   #3  

thank you for showing me that sticky thread! It made me feel better- I was to the point where I was like Man i kinda felt like giving up- like how could I do every thing right and still not loose?

maybe for my own sanity I should og back to weighing in once a week... but It's sooo hard not to weigh in... my Wii fit calls my name every morning too weigh in..lol
Old 01-29-2009, 12:58 AM   #4  

that's a great Idea! I think I will put my Wii board up where I don't see it every day... I don't think at this point in the game I'm strong even to see the fluctuations- because right now I'm SOOO overweight that every pound puts me closer to goal... and I just have sooo much to loose...so gaining it back feels like a slap in the face
Old 01-29-2009, 01:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

It's happened to me before, except it was a 4lb gain. I lost the 4lbs over a course of about a week. When I had the gain, I was shocked because I had been perfectly on plan. So, don't get discouraged :]
heather88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:35 AM   #6  
Age Quod Agis

S/C/G: 184/177/134

Height: 5'5.5''

I weighed myself on January 1st, packed up my scales (yes, I had two! Digital and analogue) in a cardboard box, and put it in the storage closet. I promised myself not to weigh until January 31st, and so far I'm sticking to it- I want to focus on diet & exercise, and not on weight.

So far its actually been a great idea. I've actually learned a few things about myself and the psyche of my weight loss efforts based on not weighing.

For example, when I cheat, I'm more inclined to want to weigh. I've been cheating since Sunday and right now I'm sooo tempted to take out the scale to weigh. So I've realized that I use the scale as an excuse to cheat and get off plan. When the scale goes DOWN after I cheat, I feel good and I get complacent with my diet & fall off on the exercise. When the scale goes UP when I cheat, I tend to ramp up the exercise, but I STILL eat more- out of frustration, de-motivation, and disappointment in myself for slipping. So once I cheat, weighing will always evoke a negative response.

Experiment with it- try not weighing for a while and see how it affects your weight loss pysche.
sweetshauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:36 AM   #7  

I'm so glad to know that it's come right off for others... It's so hard to comprehend that if you doing everything O P that it could still happen. Oh well! maybe I'll weigh in tomorrow see if I've lost any of it... no maybe I shouldn't I might cry if I gained more..LOL
Old 01-29-2009, 02:14 AM   #8  
busty nerd

S/C/G: 210/206/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetshauna View Post
my scales (yes, I had two! Digital and analogue)
me too, i got a new one and i keep it in my room because i don't want my housemates to think i'm crazy...i sneak into the bathroom with it early in the morning when no-one's up...oh. i am crazy.
froggie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/179/130

Height: 5'4"

That's hilarious! I just did what you do. Here it is extremely late, everyone's asleep but me, and not even 20 seconds ago, I just got off the scale! Guess, I'm crazy too.
wenwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:37 PM   #10  

Oh god I shouldnt have weighed in today I said I gained another pound... maybe T O M will come early... it's not always exactly the same date but last month I had it around the 9th ... gosh I hope it's that. I've been so right O P.. I even started exercising agian as of yesterday... I feel like I could cry..
Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #11  

yeah- I should have put it up! I am putting it a way for week!!! this time!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #12  

heheheh! OK! actually i wont promise anything.. maybe 3-4 days..LOL i have a sick relationship with the scale.. I can't quit it.. Not but for real I think for my own sanity I should wait a week! and I think I will!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/138/130

Height: 5'5

i honestly don't own a scale! I'm feeling a lil left out!
maria, are you lifting weights/working out??? Remember, muscle weighs more thna fat. If you are, you should plateau and even gain at some point. this is soo normal! please...please dont be discouraged! And please dont turn into one of those people that don't eat as much as they should just to fix that. you have to keep your blood sugar levels constant in order to lose fat! good luck sista!
Callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:17 PM   #14  

I stopped working out a few weeks ago because I got an injury and couldn't... which is funny because I LOST SOOOOO much weight and fast when I was NOT excersing- I just started exercising yesterday and the n agian today and I still gained it's hard to not have that mentality that hmm maybe i'll just eat a lot less today and then maybe I'll lose- I find myself thinking that... but then I remember you loose by eating! not by not eating.. not eating enough is what got me fat! I'd eat once or twice a day and binge each time I did..
Old 01-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 192.5/180.5/155

Height: 5'7

i hear you! i had a bad scale day yesterday when mine showed a loss but then the dr's showed 8 lbs heavier! it was hard to see that number.
sheltielover is offline   Reply With Quote