Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2002, 03:51 PM   #1  

Default SOOOOOO bored

im so bored i cant move. trying to stay close to home today, storms could be moving in. damaging winds, large hail torrential rains. i can handle ANYTHING a storm throws but tornaders and wind. i am terrified of wind.

i started counting cals last night. wasnt to hard then, but today wasnt easy. we had sketti last night and when everyone was done, my mom mixed the sauce and left over sketti and put it in the fridge. WELL, im a cold sketti person, SO, naturaly thats what i wanted for lunch. ok, fine. now how does one go about counting cals on mixed food i ask? *LMFAO*

no arm and leg movment today, but i blinked and breathed a couple of times today. so for a newbie im on a roll :P tomorow will be windy, but no storms , so i believe ill walk to the post office, bout 20 minutes away (as the fat walks), then i will walk to my buds house, bout 10 minutes.

this moving stuff is HARD to get used to :P
Old 05-08-2002, 05:59 PM   #2  

"AS THE FAT WALKS"!!! WHAAAHAHAHAHAHA i can relate....and don't sprain your eyelids!!
Old 05-08-2002, 06:03 PM   #3  

Steven, as far as the spags, if you ate about the same amt for lunch as you did for dinner last night, I'd count it the same. If not, make your best judgement as to the amts and look up the cal in each and add them together.

Did that make ANY sense?...well, it did to me!!

Love, Gayle
Old 05-08-2002, 07:42 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I'm also a cold spaghetti person...also cold pizza, cold lasagna, and cold tuna casserole. I think it started when I was a kid - no patience for the microwave, even!

Jennelle
Old 05-08-2002, 09:40 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

mmmm. cold pizza for breakfast used to be such a treat!!! <sigh> no more.

steve, i might just join the 'lecturing steve club'!!!!!

some cable stations carry the fitness network, or the health network. that's where i found gilad's bodies in motion workouts. the first couple of weeks, i couldn't make it through 30 minutes without sitting down and staring at them in SHOCK. [and trust me, if i can do ANY of this, so can you].

and now, i can do 45 minutes, including most of the aerobics, and i can go farther and faster.

so, get the fat moving!!!! if the fat can walk, it can do arm exercises, and it can do other stuff as well.

oh, a word about the floor exercises. you don't have to get on the floor to do them. i lie on the couch. it's too hard to get up from the floor!!!

and gilad is very cute, IMO, but just in case dark haired men with dimples don't appeal to you he always has several very attractive young women with him. and sometimes even his mother!!!
Old 05-08-2002, 10:22 PM   #6  

woo-hoo, Steven, you'd better get that cable station...another hottie 'old' lady...like ME...and you know how much you like me!!!
Old 05-08-2002, 11:02 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hey stephen there are af ew online food counters that you may like. www.fitday.com

and my favorite which is down loaded for a 21 sday trial www.lifeform.com if you like that one then you can buy it for about 40$ both of them you can add your own foods in portions so you can just change the portions if you eat half the amount or double the amount it figures it out for you.

hey you are moving and i think you are doing better!!!! so Keep up the good work and keep the moving. join us in the but movers!!! I want to see your butt moving!!!
Old 05-09-2002, 09:26 AM   #8  
Losin It For GOOD!

Steven-
First of all I feel HORRIBLY Guilty that I got distracted from talking to you yesterday I'm muchos sorry.

Here's how I figure points for sketti and sauce.

If the sketti is just coated, with no extra sauce, I figure 2 Tbsp sauce for every 3 ounces of sketti. If there is extra sauce, then I do 1/4 c. for every 3 ounces of sketti.

Hope that helps!!

BA
Old 05-09-2002, 10:45 AM   #9  

Okay..before I begin to say this..I will say that am sure alot of people will be throwing rotten tomatoes or some other disgusting food at me...but..

I don't think it's really necessary to be overly anal about counting calories. If it's something left over, you be the judge. We all know what's too much and what's the right amount.

I just find it really annoying to have to count every single calorie or fat gram or whatever. I don't want to be anal. I know if am eating too much when I do.

Okay...calorie counters..let me have it. I am sure you have a ton to say. or throw at me.

And even if it's blinking, breathing, walking for 10 minutes..hey, it's all movement. My 100 bathroom runs counts as part of my exercise.
Old 05-09-2002, 11:29 AM   #10  

as far as counting calories, well i kind of need to. i have to HAVE something to keep my mind on track. if not, well, ill forget what im doing. *L*

i have cable, but all the exercise shows are HORRIBLE. most of these people would be banned from a nudist colony and my god, they are NOT color coordinated at all. *LMFAO*. no really, this one show, this woman is over weight, and she has been doing this show for the last 7 years or so and she is STILL the same weight she was then. (think she needs a new plan

beth anne, (hope thats spelled right):

no need to feel guilty. im almost always on here i just wanted to say hi and see how you were doin.
Old 05-09-2002, 12:11 PM   #11  

Jennifer! I shan't throw a THING at you! Whatever works for YOU is the right way to do it. Counting cals keeps me honest. I need that structure, too, like Steven. (...and, unfortunately...I AM anal!...bummer)
Old 05-09-2002, 12:35 PM   #12  

ok, i SERIOUSLY think im not interpreting things right here.

how do you mean "anal"?
Old 05-09-2002, 12:56 PM   #13  
Losin It For GOOD!

anal = anal-retentive? does that help?
Old 05-09-2002, 01:08 PM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Steve your mind is in the gutter!!!

I do not count unless i seem to be stuck!!! I am a carb conter and usually have a good idea if i am on tract. i know what is and isnt allowed on my diet but if i am not loosing then i need to count starting with the carbs and then the cals. when i do it I am very anal about it. i try not to get that way as i will be good for a while then i have toomuch things going on and i forget and it seems to go by the wayside.
Old 05-09-2002, 01:24 PM   #15  
diamondgeog

Default I never counted calories

BTW I am closing in on 180 which I haven't been probably since a junior in high school. This is fairly unbelivable to me as I remember not so long ago being 250 lbs seemed like a dream.

I never counted calories and never went on a 'plan'. What I did do was take my life (eating) habits very seriously. One thing human beings are is flexible and that is the reason I was able to lose weight. I changed my habits, I made new habits. I looked at many, many things. I am convinced that I was successful because I hit multiple things at once, what I was eating, how fast I was eating, my exercise, my types of exercise, what I was drinking, what my attiutde was.

I am a label reader not a calorie counter. I always read to see how much fat, sugar, salt and calories is in the processed food I eat but I never counted calories. I figured changing what I eat, how much I eat, and how fast I eat it and drinking more would allow me to lose weight and it has.

So the multiple things at once was what allowed me to lose weight. I had exercised before and eat bad and eaten better but not exercised, I needed both things to allow a weight change. And try, try, try different types of snacks. This was so important for me. Why? Because all bodies get hungry after 3.5-4-5 hrs. So snacking, or eating smaller meals throughout the day is perfectly fine....provided you eat the right things. And I don't mean celery although celery is fine. I tried 'gourmet' granola from a place in Seattle that was featured on food network for awhile, chips and salsa for awhile, soy crackers for awhile, pretzels for awhile (btw these Paul Newman salt and pepper pretzels rock), skinny cow ice cream, etc. Now I just flip flop among them and keep trying new things. All of these snacks are low in fat (except the granola) and tasty.

So I realized that bad habits had gotten me overweight and I needed new habits if I wanted to lose weight, and I just did it. I kept my mind on 10lb goals and the weight just kept going, going, gone. I never went 'off plan' because there was no plan per se just new habits, and I kept at it which is why they became new habits. I did eat fast food, but where once it was a habit, it became an infreguent thing. Focus on defining new habits, which can include calorie counting, nothing wrong with that, and junking your old habits and things will work out. JUST stop when you are going to do an old habit and DON'T do it. I know easier said then done, but it can be done.

Closed Thread