Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Default Gap Sizes

I was going through my closet today to pack for Thanksgiving, knowing I'd want some sweaters. It's very odd but ALL of my sweaters (not tons, maybe 5 or 6) are inches too short! I weigh a bit less than last year, not tons, maybe 5 pounds or so but I've been working with a trainer changing composition as he calls it. The waist areas on all of them suddenly have much too much fabric but they're all so short! Is it possible my shoulders and/or chest has gotten that much bigger? I don't see where else I could be taking it up. But regardless, I went shopping and since I was in a rush, just went to Gap. Sweaters I bought last year were all large but DH was helping and I didn't realize till I was in the fitting room I had all mediums so I tried them and.....
They all fit! Perfectly! Before I get all excited about possibly having gone down a size on top (lol I wish it was the case on bottom too), does anyone know if Gap has recently changed their sizes so a new medium is an old large? I looked at their size guide online which says a medium bust is 36 or 37 inches, and I wear a 38D so it seems like it'd be a smidge snug but they're just perfect! Regardless I'm thrilled to have sweaters that fit, but I'd love to be able to do a happy dance if they really have not changed any sizes! :-D I tried on 6-7 shirts/sweaters and all were too big for a large so it doesn't seem a fluke but at Banana Republic, which uses the same size chart, I'm still a large...Lol maybe I'm just odd :-D
vmo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:06 PM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

it would make sense that you're in a smaller size if you've been working out and lost weight.

Banana Republic cuts their clothes differently than the Gap. I don't know if either store has changed their sizing, but I haven't had any changes that were unexpected.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Thanks! I figured 5 lbs isn't much, not enough to make that big of a difference but I guess it is! Lol happy dance time!
vmo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:54 PM   #4  
FB

If you're working with weights/a trainer your weight doesn't necessarily have to change at ALL for your body to. My weight didn't budge for weeks last month, but I was working with weights hardcore. I dropped a pants size in that time.

Congrats! Gap didn't change their sizes - YOU did!
FB is offline   Reply With Quote