Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-26-2008, 01:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default The Perfect White Blouse

Who's got one?

I think it's the quickest most effective way to make yourself look like you got dressed with care. THE blouse, a jacket or sweater and accessories. Tell us about yours.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Susan, we just had family pics taken with white shirts and jeans on. I found a GREAT one at JC Penneys for me. It is fitted and buttons to just above my bustline. Then it opens into a Vneck so there aren't any cumbersome stiff buttons and fabrics riding under your chin. I love that blouse.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

I just bought one at Kohl's. It is from their Apartment 9 line. It is very tailored with 3/4 length sleeves -- made out of a slightly stretchy, but still "starched" appearing fabric. It buttons to mid-chest and then opens in a v-neck with a slightly retro, over-sized collar. It is almost like a man's dress shirt, but it has an empire waist with a seam just under the bustline, and it is very fitted through the regular waist as well -- giving it a feminine twist. It is designed to wear untucked -- which I absolutely love. It looks great with anything from jeans to a business suit. Happy me. Actually, I liked it sooo much, I bought it in three other colors besides the white.

Last edited by Schumeany; 11-26-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I posted to this thread this morning. Wonder what happened to it? Sigh, at some point I'll work up the energy to try to remember what I wrote .
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #5  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I thought I had one - your regular button-down white shirt, from a cotton/poly blend. The cut was nice (somewhat tailored) and fit nicely - until I started losing weight. Now the shirt is probably 3 sizes too big - I will have to take a look if I can take it apart and "downsize" it.

I also have a lovely summer blouse (short sleeves, low scoop neck, black polka dots on white background (but the dots are "sprinkled" around, not in geometrical pattern) - again, now it's too big. Why oh why didn't buy then the Large instead of the X-Large.

Edited to add- P.S. for Susan - I think both are from Cleo.

Last edited by Tomato; 11-27-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I like Cleo!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote